MTG thread

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Funny, they put mana burn back into the game, sorta

Elb0x9AXgAcfIQy

Rerun

Molten Core Raider
There’s been so many fuck ups, but none has been as obvious as commander black lotus. The fact some people on reddit don’t see this as a big deal boggles my mind.
Yeah, it’s not as good as black lotus. That obviously isn’t the standard for over-powered shit. You can be significantly less powerful than black lotus and still be a bad idea to print, especially if you’re a 0 mana Artifact that gives multiple mana.

On the other hand, if this is their answer to not breaking the reserve list I’m kinda ok with it. I’ve never gotten into commander and this won’t affect actual lotus prices, much like the commander dual lands from battlebond. Those existing and now this makes me think commander moxes are coming any time now.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don't worry though, they'll let it be legal for a year or two like Paradox Engine and continually increase in price until "woops banned" after everyone feels safe and buys enough of em ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Commander Black Lotus is still weaker than Sol Ring.

Fight me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Burst mana doesn't scale as well in 4 player games. This'll be busted some of the time, but it avoids most of what makes Black Lotus such a problem card. It's still dumb because it'll end up in a bunch of stuff whether it belongs or not.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this is just another new card that is going to be in damn near every deck. So far I haven’t been excited by anything coming out in CL and have just been annoyed by all the power creep lately. Between that and rarely being able to play anymore, I’m finding it hard to stay interested.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
MTG only did well this long because the printing aimed towards making a good / fun game, not towards raking in the biggest amount of cash possible.

This isn't sustainable long-term.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So far CL has 11 new Elves (2 green, 7 black, 2 multi) and 10 reprints (8 green, 2 multi). I cannot say I'm unhappy. Honestly even though I think some cards are pretty pushed, the set looks FUN. They threw some super theme-y jank in, and I really like it.

Not sure if this is THE most up to date site, but I like COMMANDER LEGENDS | MythicSpoiler.com for previews

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bit late to the party but Double Masters in my mind was failure. Super expensive but with little value. I've procured 13 or so packs since product release and it has all been bulk. Also, it hasn't been fun in draft.

Jump Start was super fun.

Ikoria was fun, but invokes motes of sadness because themes feel dead ends so what you have is what you have with little chance for more

Core set was massively meh, individual pack openings meh and draft meh

Return to Zendikar was funky fun. Clunky at times, but in a way a relief because it was so different. Unexplored design space. Almost an Eldraine feel to it. Which is a good thing.

Return to Legends looks fun

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Been able to do some heads up draft/sealed with my lil brother while he was in town for the funeral, Commander Legends limited is pretty fun. Bummed that the plague still has full sized drafts shut down.

• 1Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Super expensive but with little value.
there's two things going on, since throne of eldraine regular boxes don't hold the value anymore, the collectors boxes do.

The collectors packs for double masters had the value imo, double foil box toppers in every pack and the pool of boxtopper possible rares were much more valuable and filled with a lot less junk rares than the normal rare slots. On top of this the 2 regular rare slots could also be foil.

The regular packs with 2 regular rares in it of regular art or at best non foil alt art didn't hold value but seemed to significantly reduce the price of buying into magic

Last edited:
  • 1Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Amazon has CL CB boxes for $210 if anyone cares. Just look at "more sellers" to get the Amazon price.