MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
can wasteland strangler target facedown exiled cards?
I guess the answer is yes, but there's a catch.

Face-down cards in exile are grouped using two criteria: what caused them to be exiled face down and when they were exiled face down. If you want to put a face-down card in exile into its owner’s graveyard, you must first choose one of these groups and then choose a card from within that group at random. For example, say an artifact causes your opponent to exile their hand of three cards face down. Then on a later turn, that artifact causes your opponent to exile another two cards face down. If you use Wasteland Strangler to put one of those cards into their graveyard, you would pick the first or second pile and put a card chosen at random from that pile into the graveyard.

I was thinking Riftsweeper, but also wondering if they will put in a safety valve like that or Strangler in the set to handle things if exile winds up being a major zone of play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, that situation comes up far less often then phasing. Ultra niche interactions frequently have a VCR manual explaining them.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Its going to be like Morph, its not just a pile of face-down cards, but Foretell #1, Foretell #2, etc. If you know any info about an opponents hand/deck, you might can make an educated guess on which is which. Picking one at random would only come into play if there's a way to Foretell multiple cards at once, otherwise they will have separate timestamps.

That explanation is on Wasteland Strangler because iirc there weren't a lot (any?) cards that could target face-down exiled cards before the Processors. The anti-Suspend cards like Riftsweeper or Pull From Eternity specify face-up exiled card, so they'd need to make something new to combat Foretell.

I think what it means is Eldrazi Processors on Kaldheim confirmed.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I mean, that situation comes up far less often then phasing. Ultra niche interactions frequently have a VCR manual explaining them.
Sort of looking at the whole of how the Exile-zone has changed since I was a kid, I didn't keep up with Magic from the period between Urza's cycle and Guilds of Ravnica, so the nuances of the generally accepted complaints about the complexity level is just weird to me in general I suppose.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Can't you just tell what they're foretelling basically because of the amount of mana they spend to foretell?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can't you just tell what they're foretelling basically because of the amount of mana they spend to foretell?
Foretell costs 2 colorless. To bring the card back from exile - THAT'S the variable cost per card.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Eventually based on color archetype you can probably guess quite right.

It is like morph.. There are ton of morph creatures.... and they always are "our lady of busty beatings"

1610125432889.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Kaladiem has shown 7 elves so far, plus a Planeswalker. Can't say I'm unhappy with the last 2 sets. But man, Elfball gonna Elfball.

tyvar.PNG

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I really want to see a turn 3 bloodbraid elf cascade into Tibalt, Cosmic Impostor lol.

1610151991194.png
1610151999106.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously this is the terrible B-plan for Living End decks against opponents siding in Graveyard Removal ;)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Listen, sometimes you just have to spend $6000 to make Cephalid Tribal a 7. It's not my fault, it's the system.

Sterling

El Presidente
Listen, sometimes you just have to spend $6000 to make Cephalid Tribal a 7. It's not my fault, it's the system.
Sometimes you have to make concessions and settle for a 6 Homarid tribal deck instead. Then you can buy 2 more blue duals for your budget Miracles deck.

• 1Worf