MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
1610267908567.png

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fun design. The randomized mill is there to prevent you from setting up the top of your deck to "polymorph" your own spell into something busted, to keep it actually "chaotic."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
in these troubled times, you need to give people more time to respond. Half the board is still hitchhiking home from the Capital.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Niko the gender bender? This is the same WOTC who removed race stat penalties in D&D because Orcs make them think of black people.

No one is surprised, or cares enough to comment on it, it seems.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is he buying Dragon's Maze? ;)

Been trying to catch an opening for his Patreon since it's going to be one of the few ways to actually get the bloody Monarch boxes for Flesh and Blood in the US, judging by the company's garbage distribution.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Is he buying Dragon's Maze? ;)

Been trying to catch an opening for his Patreon since it's going to be one of the few ways to actually get the bloody Monarch boxes for Flesh and Blood in the US, judging by the company's garbage distribution.

I just left the $15 slot the other day, and it showed an opening if you want to check it again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Thanks for the heads-up! The slot was still open and I snaked it :)

Should help a lot with getting the FAB stuff for our boardgame group since Alliance distributor isn't carrying it, so it's hard to come by in the midwest.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the heads-up! The slot was still open and I snaked it :)

Should help a lot with getting the FAB stuff for our boardgame group since Alliance distributor isn't carrying it, so it's hard to come by in the midwest.

Nice, GL! I hopped into the Patreon when he was closing it as a just in case thing, but lately we just decided we're not doing anymore sealed product, so wasn't going to make much use of Rudy's offerings. Glad it'll get put to good use!

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In case anyone has some old sealed product they want to get rid of.

Since I quit playing Magic years ago I don't keep up with it at all (other than to occasionally hate on the woke infection), but I watched the AI video. Afterward I was curious about the value of my collection and scanned a few major online shops.

What is going on with card pricing right now? Is it a temporary thing?

I have a massive collection that includes a bunch of RL stuff including a full playset of Revised duals. Last time I looked, I could have easily sold them ~8 or 9k, but now I could buy-list them for $15k+ and get close to $20k selling them myself. Even other cards like Revised Wrath of God and Birds of Paradise have exploded in value. Those cards weren't worth more than a few bucks forever.

The card that blows my mind is Gilded Drake. It retails for ~$350. I used to collect them long ago and I have 39 or 40 copies lol. In total, I'm sitting on at least $50k in cash buy-list value based on the ridiculous shift in value.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Since I quit playing Magic years ago I don't keep up with it at all (other than to occasionally hate on the woke infection), but I watched the AI video. Afterward I was curious about the value of my collection and scanned a few major online shops.

What is going on with card pricing right now? Is it a temporary thing?

I have a massive collection that includes a bunch of RL stuff including a full playset of Revised duals. Last time I looked, I could have easily sold them ~8 or 9k, but now I could buy-list them for $15k+ and get close to $20k selling them myself. Even other cards like Revised Wrath of God and Birds of Paradise have exploded in value. Those cards weren't worth more than a few bucks forever.

The card that blows my mind is Gilded Drake. It retails for ~$350. I used to collect them long ago and I have 39 or 40 copies lol. In total, I'm sitting on at least $50k in cash buy-list value based on the ridiculous shift in value.
The prices are crazy atm because of the covid stuff. Who knows if it's gonna stay up or crash though.

• 1Truth!