1620349203344.png
1620349208981.png
1620349213158.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, that's assuming there aren't a bunch of things that reduce the cost of dragons. :p

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So many things that search for dragons this standard. Dwarf legend, dragons approach, tiamat. Probably caps how powerful dragon designs can be for the next year.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
The original art for that Tiamat card is up for auction with a high bid of $43,000. Jesus Christ.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Original art can get stupid anymore. Hell repaints go for more than I'd have thought. Too much damn money floating around right now.

Hasbro even said they are looking into NFTs and implied it'd be though WOTC. Have a feeling we aint seen nothing yet.

A fool and his money...

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Original art can get stupid anymore. Hell repaints go for more than I'd have thought. Too much damn money floating around right now.

Hasbro even said they are looking into NFTs and implied it'd be though WOTC. Have a feeling we aint seen nothing yet.

A fool and his money...
WOTC should definitely make a new NFT-based digital collectible game. Maybe one with digital figures that roll truly unique stats. It'll either be the next big thing or a huge flop but they have the means to do it and they might as well try.

• 1Worf

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
You can check in with the guy that runs Vintage Magic but unfortunately he's a gigantic gaping asshole who knows very little about the game. Just one of the first big "investors" who got in a few years back.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You can check in with the guy that runs Vintage Magic but unfortunately he's a gigantic gaping asshole who knows very little about the game. Just one of the first big "investors" who got in a few years back.

Shit might as well send her to Dan Bock while you're at it.

Hope both those fuckers get hit by a bus... or 3.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, I guess doing a fire-sale of Modern reprints last year makes a little more sense if they were planning on nuking the grinder/aspirational world from orbit.

That's not the way I read that at all.

If anything, I think the system they'll go back to is more local PTQs, trying to bring back more local grind.

They probably know that the appetite for 1000 person events is going to remain low for a while, but want to see more 150 person events and get people back in the larger B+M stores.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Honestly, as long as there are still "low-mid level competitive event near you" most weeks, like the PTQ/PPTQ seasons, I'll be fine. Kind of bummed for friends this directly affects, though. Probably unlikely to see any over-the-pond buddies at 'regional events'.