MTG thread

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought this was interesting, the current values of the cheapest version of the cards vs the standard $30/$40 price of each of these SL and the bundle price. WOTC's not taking a lot of chances here.

TOTALLY REFRESHING NON-FOIL BUNDLE -199.99

• Mother's Day 2021 (by Rebeca Guay) - $22.48
  • Artist Series Mark Poole - 57.51
  • Special Guest Fiona Staples - 41.15
  • Saturday Morning DnD - 49.76
  • Special Guest: Jen Bartell - 39.99
  • Dan Frazier Ally Signets - 5.35
  • Dan Frazier Enemy Signets - 2.42
  • Phyrexian Praetors Compleat Edition - 130.88
Total - $349.54

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Have any of you played the app version of the game?

Magic The Gathering: Arena

I sold my decks years ago but this seems like a decent way to scratch the itch.
See:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
See:

Ah, cheers!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Have any of you played the app version of the game?

Magic The Gathering: Arena

I sold my decks years ago but this seems like a decent way to scratch the itch.
It's the full game, as long as you don't want to play formats other than Standard and Historic and sealed/draft. They may fully implement all relevant cards to make Pioneer playable eventually, but there's no committed date for when that will happen.

Modern, Legacy and Vintage are never going to happen in Arena, pretty much confirmed.

The F2P/monetization is generous assuming you do your daily and weekly quests. Extremely generous if you use your gold to draft well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's the full game, as long as you don't want to play formats other than Standard and Historic and sealed/draft. They may fully implement all relevant cards to make Pioneer playable eventually, but there's no committed date for when that will happen.

Modern, Legacy and Vintage are never going to happen in Arena, pretty much confirmed.

The F2P/monetization is generous assuming you do your daily and weekly quests. Extremely generous if you use your gold to draft well.

Their monetization is pretty fucking far from "generous".

It's legitimately cheaper to play in paper by quite a lot unless you want to treat Arena like a part-time job and grind for 20 hours a week.

• 2Picard

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Their monetization is pretty fucking far from "generous".

It's legitimately cheaper to play in paper by quite a lot unless you want to treat Arena like a part-time job and grind for 20 hours a week.
20 hours? 4 wins a day is not 20 hours.

It definitely takes a while to get rolling when starting from scratch but I have pretty much unlimited wildcards.

OneofOne

• 1Tiresome

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
1624311002279.png

That transparent overlay looks terrible.

Also holy cry baby timmy.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Man with weekly column posts bullshit to hit paycheck requirements. They're also not banning everybody's wheels, which was the 72hour chicken little cycle after last week's article.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, this is a thing.

It actually gave me the urge to bust out graph paper and design a 4 player mega-dungeon for casual play.

Attachments

• DungeonOfTheMadMage.png
    DungeonOfTheMadMage.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 1Like

OneofOne

I was wondering how you use those cards...

elly.PNG

shortcut.PNG

I saw a different card the other day I wasn't sure about but, yep, this is a thing

evolving.PNG

Think I like the D&D sketch cards better

drizzt.PNG

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Mechanic seems like pants to me. Ultra parasitic in that you need a huge density of dungeon-related cards to have any real hope of advancing them to completion, and even then the payoffs are...questionable.

Also a fucking nightmare to track in paper.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

OneofOne

you need a huge density of dungeon-related cards to have any real hope of advancing them to completion

Um, yes?

If this does well - and it will, count on it - expect to see further D&D sets which will further flesh this out.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
How do you play dungeons? From outside the game or you draw them?

If you draw them, the whole deck would have to be built around it.

Also odd that the party mechanic apparently isn't coming back, seemed designed for this set.

OneofOne

How do you play dungeons? From outside the game or you draw them?

If you draw them, the whole deck would have to be built around it.

Also odd that the party mechanic apparently isn't coming back, seemed designed for this set.

"Dungeons don't go in your deck. Rather, they start outside the game and end up in the command zone for a while. More on that later. In games held under tournament conditions, "cards from outside the game" means cards from your sideboard, but dungeons work a little differently. Dungeons don't take up sideboard slots. You always have access to all three dungeons, and you'll never need more than one of the same one. If you're playing with dungeons, just keep them with your sideboard until you need them."

Is the party mechanic not coming back? I've not seen anything one way or the other.

Chris

Potato del Grande
"Dungeons don't go in your deck. Rather, they start outside the game and end up in the command zone for a while. More on that later. In games held under tournament conditions, "cards from outside the game" means cards from your sideboard, but dungeons work a little differently. Dungeons don't take up sideboard slots. You always have access to all three dungeons, and you'll never need more than one of the same one. If you're playing with dungeons, just keep them with your sideboard until you need them."

Is the party mechanic not coming back? I've not seen anything one way or the other.
Lol there's only 3!?

• 1Like