Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So wildcard packs in Arena 4x rare for $9.99 and 4x mythic for $19.99

This is gonna turn out around for Hasbro 😆 🤣

• 1WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Has a cap on how many times you can buy them tho. Kind of weird that the mythic wildcard pack costs double the rare one when the rare one is what people want

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Rudy is pumping out so many videos, he really wants WTC to change course with this and not threaten his reserve list holdings.

The weird collector's edition 30th anniversary thing is something to keep in mind but I think it's more his involvement in sealed product that is the issue. It's way harder to buy and hold sealed product for resale a few years down the line when there's a mountain of different things being released and a whole lot of them aren't holding MSRP for shit. TCGs in general and Magic in specific have been compared many, many times in their history to the comic book/trading card collapse during the 90s. It looks like Hasbro finally got there for real.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The weird collector's edition 30th anniversary thing is something to keep in mind but I think it's more his involvement in sealed product that is the issue. It's way harder to buy and hold sealed product for resale a few years down the line when there's a mountain of different things being released and a whole lot of them aren't holding MSRP for shit. TCGs in general and Magic in specific have been compared many, many times in their history to the comic book/trading card collapse during the 90s. It looks like Hasbro finally got there for real.
Yeah, not knowing whether draft boosters, set boosters or collectors boosters are the best sealed product to hold long-term has really gotta fuck Rudy over.

Which is fine with me.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You guys are really really short sighted, celebrating what WOTC is doing. I didn't expect such low IQ takes.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But WotC's on the road to the Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball Secret Lair not being a joke, what could go wrong?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You guys are really really short sighted, celebrating what WOTC is doing. I didn't expect such low IQ takes.
I don't think competitive or collectible cardboard MTG has much of a future anyway with the horrible state of B&Ms and other places to play, so I don't see why people care about it.
If there's nowhere within 20 minutes of me to play magic, cardboard might as well not exist from my point of view. The legacy/vintage people will always have legacy/vintage. Modern cards were always vulnerable to spam reprints, everyone who got into that format knew that from the start.

As long as WotC continues to put out a pretty good digital MTG product (Arena could be better, but it's definitely pretty good) I don't care about cardboard.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1NPC

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
disinterested low value customer who doesn't spend much and only online might not be the person to ask about in store play which is what I care about mostly. playing on the computer is soul less you don't make any friends and it doesn't build the inertia in store play does.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Wizards defenders: hey with Wizards printing $1000 proxies, this will at least be a tacit approval of friends using proxies for fun.

Wizards:
Also Wizards: “Why is our stock tanking?”

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wizards defenders: hey with Wizards printing $1000 proxies, this will at least be a tacit approval of friends using proxies for fun.

Wizards:
Also Wizards: “Why is our stock tanking?”
He was charging for it lmao

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
playing on the computer is soul less you don't make any friends and it doesn't build the inertia in store play does.
Yes but you also don't have to smell anybody.

WotC did nothing to help B&Ms for the past decade, then COVID killed them, and now this is the situation everyone has to deal with.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hasbro should have took over Gamestop when the stock was worthless and used Gamestops as a place to play MTG and promote their products. I actually said something similar quite a few years ago.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Wizards removed the reprint policy from their website. Hasn't been acknowledged by Hasbro at all apparently.

Open season on reserved list now all.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Between now and the sun going out it was always going to happen at some point but I didn't expect to see it until the game was effectively dead.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think that link has been dead for a while, since they moved to the new CMS for their website.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
He was charging for it lmao
What was he charging for? Because I used it to make my own tokens and didn't see anything.

Edit: WOW wizards QC strikes again lol

1668922874556.png

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity