MTG thread

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You know they talk about this thing being made in limited supplies, and yet it can take up to 3 weeks to ship? Yeah this is print to order

Fits with how extensive the ad campaign has been. You don't blow a giant sack of pushing the thing with the tiny print run.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Bought a playset of these for less than half what a single 30th booster costs:

s-l500.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
this setup doesn't invalidate what came before like commander products do, legacy is kinda turned into a wild west of nonsense that rotates constantly because of all the cards that get dumped into it from non standard products, mh2 turned off a lot of people because it was doing what you suggested.
Because it was marketed as a Modern set and not Commander?

Every Commander card used to be from a standard set lol. There was no need for commander sets with commander only mechanics.

This is actually the thing that I feel WotC has done the best job of, removing vanilla chaff from draft and making the uncommon slots into strong archetype enablers with supporting commons. Not every card is going to be constructed playable but >90% of the cards in a set 'do something' in relation to the other cards in the set.
I totally agree.

I was just responding to Fanaskin seemingly saying that sets had no room for commander cards.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
To each their own. The only non-English cards I've sought out are variants that ONLY come in certain languages (Llanowar Elves, Gaia Greeters, etc).

Those birds are still a better buy than that 30th nonsense.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
"Sold out" after about 40 minutes. The website never had issues and never seemed to crash during that time like you would think if the product was popular.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Because it was marketed as a Modern set and not Commander?

Every Commander card used to be from a standard set lol. There was no need for commander sets with commander only mechanics.

I totally agree.

I was just responding to Fanaskin seemingly saying that sets had no room for commander cards.
Sets have plenty of room for commander cards and always have. All the slots for big dumb rares are now filled with big dumb commander rares. Again, something WotC has accomplished fairly well.

Yes, a lot of Commander sets get sold, but those are precons to bring in new or more casual kitchen table players.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
To each their own. The only non-English cards I've sought out are variants that ONLY come in certain languages (Llanowar Elves, Gaia Greeters, etc).

Those birds are still a better buy than that 30th nonsense.

I'm extremely bullish on the 3rd/4th edition foreign black border releases. As the supply of actual alpha/beta continues to dwindle these are gonna be the next go-to for oldschool nerds or people looking for original art etc.

Plus they just look fucking sweet, especially black cards:

20221128_120706.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

I won't argue that - they certainly do. I have a handful of A/B cards, but I kept putting off getting everything I wanted and now that shit has absolutely skyrocketed. Mistakes were made. Beta Elvish Archers prz :emoji_cry:

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>

30-Years-2.png

I totally agree.

No I said they already do this so you aren't proposing a solution to anything, not to hasbro at least, they put commander stuff in standard AND all the other products even the non commander product, literally every product is a commnader vehicle. look at the shear volume of stuff they put out? how would you stuff it all into 4-6 standard sets that already print commander cards as their bomb rares.

do you see the problem they created yet? the real problem is some variant spinoff format is more popular than the game they designed (tournament magic) and that's a root cause of tension between all products they release now.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Print less of it.

well they signaled this isn't going to happen, now what?

this it's why it's funny and naive watching you go through is, everyone else said exactly what you're saying over last 2 years, you're just catching up

OneofOne

No real wait times for a product sold out in 38 minutes + sale completed in multiple countries at same time = they pulled it down, it wasn't sold out

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
No one should ever need a reason to buy a gorgeous Mark Poole card, especially in FBB, especially when its one of Magic's most iconic cards.

I never actually upgraded mine to FBB when I still played a lot specifically cause mine are signed.