MTG thread

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Well they 'banned' AI art, so all their outsourced slave artists had to scramble

Some of them went back to oldschool manual AI is all

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Truly of a glowup for the ages

1af50bf1-c51e-4592-86bf-4197ec85a45d.png

6wfxk0sq5vqc1.png

• 4Barf
  • 3Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 7 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I miss that previously it felt like most angels actually looked... angelic. Not that they carry EBT cards.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Black female cowboy angel in a Wild West setting that has no guns and no natives thus no colonialism.

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

OneofOne

More art theft from a MTG artist? Why yes, yes we have that!

View attachment 521542
Oops guess I spoke too soon. Turns out this artist stole from 3 different artists for this piece. The closed fist hand and arm are from a Frazetta painting, and the male face/head is from a magazine cover (quite literally a C/P job, colors and all).

I guess if you're going to ruin your career, go balls to the wall!

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Oops guess I spoke too soon. Turns out this artist stole from 3 different artists for this piece. The closed fist hand and arm are from a Frazetta painting, and the male face/head is from a magazine cover (quite literally a C/P job, colors and all).

I guess if you're going to ruin your career, go balls to the wall!
There's a really great documentary about Frazetta, think it's called Painting with Fire. Guy was badass, and always been one of my favorite artists. If you like his art, you should check it out.

OneofOne

Can't believe I'm posting a Prof video, but we live in strange times.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
We have to be approaching the actual endgame here where they've gone too far and the weird consoomer EDH fanbase is out of money/attention and the whole thing finally implodes

This is a standard legal card btw, and the culmination of their entire 'story' for the last 18 months or so

6oka6korz2sc1.png

OneofOne

I will never not see that expansion symbol as a Galaxy class starship.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
We have to be approaching the actual endgame here where they've gone too far and the weird consoomer EDH fanbase is out of money/attention and the whole thing finally implodes

This is a standard legal card btw, and the culmination of their entire 'story' for the last 18 months or so

View attachment 522641

I thought this was some League of Legends crossover card at first. Why does it have a different set symbol from the rest of OTJ?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Because they had to scramble and combine two sets in to one for this.

There was supposed to be another micro-set called Big Score after the main set, but they tried that with brothers war and it failed so miserably they panicked and crowbared this in to one big release.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I legitimately have no idea what that symbol is supposed to be, is it not some kind of Star Trek ship?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Jesus really? I have some serious questions for their design interns then

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This video is legitimately incredible.

It is the most condensed, devastating take-down of modern Magic I've seen.

And literally none of it matters because there's an infinite legion of these guys lined up to throw their wallets at them

ERLg-ccXkAIuWN4.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users