MTG thread

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Jund is just very resilient due to incredible card quality. I actually prefer Junk as a color combo, but I'll be the first to admit it's just less effective outside of Pod.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
New block looks Asian themed woooooooooooooooooo.

Hype train engage!

tumblr_muwnclvnw91suydjqo1_400.gif

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
WE ARE RETURNING TO KAMIGAWA WHETHER YOU WANT TO OR NOT

If I can't ninjitsu out an Ink-Eyes at some point in the new block I am going to be very, very disappointed.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I had a great deal of fun during Urza Block but it actively hurt the game of Magic. It ruined Standard for months and months while simultaneously shitting on all of the other formats it was legal it. There was an entire season of block constructed that forced a bunch of bans and then forced a bunch more bans up and when we finally got to the Pro Tour itself the top 8 was like 7 R/U Wildfire decks + one Fluctuator. High Tide got discovered and combined with Academy that was the end of Legacy. I started playing Jar in local type 1 tournaments and had a legit chance due to just how broken it was having multiple copies of cards like Yawgmoth's Will, Frantic Search, Tinker, and Lotus Petal. People with Power did not like how close those games were.

Had fun, fond memories, but those sets should not have been made.

Kamigawa was at least followed by Ravnica and then Time Spiral. I really,reallylike those two blocks. Tenth Edition the best core set Wizards has ever released and it came around at that time as well.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I actually liked Kami - it really had a ton of variety in how limited worked compared to most formats. Stuff like mill was actually a viable (at some times the best) drafting strategy for example - and other variety rarely seen in other sets.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
As a new magic player I don't care how bad Kamigawa was. I want to play ninja's and Samurai's and cast Asian dragons. The flavor of that set was awesome.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Thought I read no dragons?
There were no dragons in Tarkir and thats why Sarkhan Vol left Tarkir, to search dragons out. He eventually started working for Nicol Bolas but Bolas fucked him over kind of. But then he said he pays his minions or something like that. So I am assuming he is sending Sarkhan back to his plain to wreck shit with some dragons.

Also Wizards trade marked the names, Khans of Tarkir, Warlords of Tarkir andDragonsof Tarkir.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
The buzz round here is Horsemanship, plus we think that the new border art will be the start of the Modern play type when they change it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The dragons come back!

Or the goblins discover MLP and become bronies and the entire third expansion is about them and their eradication. Curse you Mark Rosewater!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't think the dragons come back. I think the last set is actually the first set, showing what the plane was like when the dragons were still around, and the draft order switches around when the last set comes out.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Anyone who thinks Kamigawa was the worst block ever didn't get to play Ice Age/Alliances/Homelands. That shit might as well have been pauper magic. Champions and Betrayers weren't bad, but Saviors was very weak. The set was also too insular; the mechanics didn't play well with sets outside of the block.

I've heard that idea around the web Mist, and it sounds pretty cool. I hope it's legit. (It would also explain a non-mad Sarkhan Vol on the plane.)