MTG thread

pablos

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have been listening to couple podcasts and some of them have mentioned there are spreadsheets available that have all the cards in a set listed and graded.

i have not been able to find them does anybody know where i could go looking for them?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, Battle of Zendikar announcement makes me feel a bit better about selling my enemy fetch lands two weeks ago.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'm not moving off any lands at the moment except Temple of Malady. All the modern legal lands will stay roughly where they are. Enemy fetches might be coming this fall, but if they are, so what? New borders, new art, and I don't want to have to bother chasing them.

Dragons of Tarkir is a set that I'm enjoying reading the spoilers but also not inclined to preorder ANYTHING. Narset will be good, but I'm not paying $50 for her, and so far everything else is pretty hit or miss. Collected Company and Anafenza 2.0 are the cards that leap out the most (well, and Anticipate, which is a damn common).

Chris

Potato del Grande
Going to enjoy smashing giant expensive dragons with a worthless but somehow 10/14 Lagonna Band Trailblazer with Double Strike and Trample (one of the things on my path to my ~3rd ever FNM 4-0 last week) :p

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think new Sarkhan is pretty insane. You can easily play 3 or 4 in a deck, because if you draw multiples you can just cash them in for 2 dragons each and recast.

Toss in Kiora who is great against both midrange and control, and a couple Outpost Sieges for drawing even more cards, and you've got a great engine for a deck. Then just fill the rest of the deck with quality RUG creatures and burn.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Narset and Sarkhan are both interesting. The rest of the mythics are generally not impressive. The entire dragon cycle is a long term bust. There's no Elesh Norn in this cycle of big mythics.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are you saying that from a speculation perspective? Before Khans all the hype was for Knuckleblade and the format definer turned out to be Siege Rhino. I've learned to not write off anything until some of the brewer's get to work.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Oh I agree, we always miss the mark. I'm just not seeing anything that really wows me yet. I do think Anafenza is deceptively strong and will likely end up making an impact.

Dedface_sl

shitlord
I traded a couple of weeks ago to a girl for her foil Zendikar full art island. I thought it was at most a $5 card. Silly me. It's about $20. So I took the card back last night to offer her the card back or buy her some packs. She didn't want to accept either, she said I could just keep the card, but I forced her to take one of the offers. She chose the packs, and I bought her three FRF. First pack Jeskai Infiltrator, second pack Kolaghan, third pack, Ugin, the Spirit Dragon. I think that was a pretty good trade. If anything I feel morally sound with how everything turned out.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As I am sure every person in this forum has heard of Hex, Shard of Fate, I point you too a recent article that might peak your interest in giving the game a shot now. It is free to try and so no loss if you think it absolutely sucks. They finally patched in a PvE Arena system that is actually a lot of fun, even with the AI bugs.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-100000-tournament/

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Narset and Sarkhan are both interesting. The rest of the mythics are generally not impressive. The entire dragon cycle is a long term bust. There's no Elesh Norn in this cycle of big mythics.
The elder dragons are gonna be great in the long term, but by long term I mean over 2+ years. Casual and EDH appeal rocks dragon prices, and the set is making older dragons go up in price as well. They will likely drop a bit over the next few months, but everything will.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, the next Invitational is the same weekend Dragons becomes legal (due to the change in the block system). Looks like I am going to be raped by pre-order prices as I won't have access to cards if I don't buy them from SCG.

So, the next Invitational is the same weekend Dragons becomes legal (due to the change in the block system). Looks like I am going to be raped by pre-order prices as I won't have access to cards if I don't buy them from SCG.
It's probably best to order them now then so at least you're sure they're available; you're going to get raped either way and at least you make sure you have the cards youwant to play. You could try looking for other LGS in the Richmond area there and find out which will have cards available at midnight.

Somehow this is another underhanded shady step in the SCG conspiracy though! The invitational is not only the same weekend that DTK becomes legal, but the same day. You don't even have a chance to scramble around for them.