MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, first completely undefeated (no draws, either) GP Champion today. Red Deck Wins. Neat that it finally happened.

Also, "thought the mic was off" commentary from Cedric during SCG interviews.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, when it's on cards you can play proactively, it tends to be broken. Rewind didn't exactly light fires.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea unlikely this even replaces negate in standard really. Might see it as a 1-2 of in some of the hour of promise ramp decks maybe if they continue to run those land enchants?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Right, but it didn't break anything. Reactive "refund" cards aren't the same issue as proactive ones.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, they're going to the japanese printers finish, so it's still going to be shittier than actual old MTG cardstock. But anything's better than the last couple years' shit-tickets.

The original MTG cardstock probably doesn't even exist to use anymore.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'll believe it when I see it, but if actual normal cardstock switches to what jpn cards use its a huge upgrade. The handful of standard cards I own in japanese make the english versions look like shitty proxies.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Man the buyouts have been going in force now for a few weeks.

edit: Arena needs a limited format, the shitty block format is not making want to get on it.

Last edited:

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Picked up our Dominaria boxes tonight. I did okay but asshole fiancé next to me popped two Karns. Mans got the touch.

The art in this set is awesome though. Can’t wait to try everything out at the pre-release tomorrow. Also, the card stock has definitely improved. So far haven't seen any bending on our foils yet. Will check them again tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
sets out a couple of days, people cheering cuz their foils aren't pringles (yet)

amazing product

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Midnight event has about double the players they've been having for the past year or two.

I opened a foil Yargle, so obviously I'm winning the whole thing.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
No curling so far, but set has inking issues (not as bad so far from what I've seen like the last few sets).

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty funny format. Lost a game where I had 5 Slimefoots in play (helm of the host) ... to a Traxos with Dub and a Kwende teaching him how to deal 18 damage a swing.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Seems like the most intersting set in a while, I´ve been enjoying watching the sealed that people are stremaing now anyways. Bring on the drafts online, I much prefer watching drafts to sealed on twitch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
what is up with the places like mtggoldfish no longer showing the online price of cards?