MTG thread

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
The problem with the teferi adventure stuff is that the primary candidates for the deck are BUW and UGW, both of which will have mediocre to bad mana after rotation.

It's probably super fun to play in the games where you stick the Clover though, kind of like the Primal Amulet decks the last two years.

People are overlooking Kaya for adventure recursion I think. Their might be some kind of blink value deck in the format.

You can exile the creature side of the adventure, gain life and have the creature in exile ready to cast again.
With Kaya in play the adventure creatures basically never leave your hand.

kaya-orzhov-usurper-53955-medium.jpg

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You only get to cast them from exile if they were exiled by the adventure effect.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
You only get to cast them from exile if they were exiled by the adventure effect.

The rule wording on the cards is terrible if that's the case.

Never mind just found the Maro answer. Well adventures are lame then I thought they were. Way to ruin part of the fun of them.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It fills my heart with sorrow that gush has been banned basically everywhere so I won't get the joy of gushing that island

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I got hammered by simic flash playing it today. How aggressively are you mulliganing?
A decent amount but never below 5, pretty much looking for any aggressive play. Most recent one I kept seven with 3 land, gilded goose, woodland champion, lovestruck beast, and Inquistive puppet. So swing for 6 turn 3 and drop beast turn 4, was over pretty quick.

I've mainly been seeing a variety of simic decks (flash, mill, tempo, and more), only ran into two red decks so far. But Oko is fucking nuts so far, used his -5 a few times now to trade out a 1/1 token for something good on their side.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
A decent amount but never below 5, pretty much looking for any aggressive play. Most recent one I kept seven with 3 land, gilded goose, woodland champion, lovestruck beast, and Inquistive puppet. So swing for 6 turn 3 and drop beast turn 4, was over pretty quick.

I've mainly been seeing a variety of simic decks (flash, mill, tempo, and more), only ran into two red decks so far. But Oko is fucking nuts so far, used his -5 a few times now to trade out a 1/1 token for something good on their side.

oko's +1 is misprint and should be -1

changemymind

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So I went 10-2 with Rakdos agro. My only two losses where to turn 2 oko.

One was turn 0 once upon a time into grazer into oko make a 3/3 grazer

Other was goose oko 3/3 goose.

It's stupid powerful and Expect Noxious grasp to see main board play at one point since it hits Teferi and Oko.

m20-110-noxious-grasp.jpg

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yep I've done that a few times, also having dreadhorde invasion making 4/4 with oko is pretty mean too.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So I went 10-2 with Rakdos agro. My only two losses where to turn 2 oko.

One was turn 0 once upon a time into grazer into oko make a 3/3 grazer

Other was goose oko 3/3 goose.

It's stupid powerful and Expect Noxious grasp to see main board play at one point since it hits Teferi and Oko.

View attachment 224368

Veil of Summer is okayish color hosing tech against both too, for those running green but not black. I was even running Veil of Summer main board towards the end of last season in BO1 since every deck I ran into was playing either blue or black.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Noxious Grasp was already seeing play today in the deck that got second at that community tournament on MTGA today. Clean answer to a bunch of strong cards.

Garruk is really potent, but the preponderance of Murderous Riders and potential Noxious Grasps are a lot more brutal for a 6 drop to contend with than a 3 drop Oko.

Ran into a Kethis deck that was pretty irritating to play against today. So many questing beasts and garruks over the course of the game.