MTG thread

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Bought a collection a while back to start getting in legacy close to 10 grand.

Going to start moving duplicate stuff before I move. Anyone interested in mint/NM fetches?

20190928_162339.jpg
20190928_162331.jpg
20190928_162336.jpg
20190928_162333.jpg
20190928_162316.jpg
20190928_162313.jpg
20190928_162323.jpg
20190928_162320.jpg
20190928_162328.jpg
20190928_162325.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Goose is (going to be) a staple in standard.

It is a one mana card which generates two permanents, can ramp and give any kind of mana, and a repeatable source of lifegain. Wasting removal on it is bad, not wasting removal on it is worse.

On top of that it also works well with Oko, which is bound to be a staple or get banned.

Bought 3 playsets for 35$ incl. shipping, will report back in 3-6 months.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Goose is (going to be) a staple in standard.

It is a one mana card which generates two permanents, can ramp and give any kind of mana, and a repeatable source of lifegain. Wasting removal on it is bad, not wasting removal on it is worse.

On top of that it also works well with Oko, which is bound to be a staple or get banned.

Bought 3 playsets for 35$ incl. shipping, will report back in 3-6 months.

If you are speculating then pick up a couple playsets of bonecrusher giant. He is $3 now and climbing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I already did, but thanks.

Hard to beat 2 mana instant direct damage that comes with a body, and makes its own 2 -> 3 curve.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I already did, but thanks.

Hard to beat 2 mana instant direct damage that comes with a body, and makes its own 2 -> 3 curve.

instant direct damage and ANTIFOG, which is probably going to be super important with so many fucking Fogs in Standard right now enabling every fucking retarded combo deck in those colors.

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
131 physical boosters cracked over the weekend, 0 gooses or murderous riders. Apparently managed to prize split all of the mythical out of one of my prize boxes by only taking out the top 6 packs.

Wtb rl wildcards

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
131 physical boosters cracked over the weekend, 0 gooses or murderous riders. Apparently managed to prize split all of the mythical out of one of my prize boxes by only taking out the top 6 packs.

Wtb rl wildcards

wow that seems fucking wrong. They are rare!

Sterling

El Presidente

Wtb rl wildcards
Shitty. We had a kid that usually does pretty poorly at my shop's prereleases open up a Quest Beast and 2 Riders in one of his pools and smash everyone. He was so excited, He'd been playing 2-3 events every prerelease weekend since Khans block and he couldn't remember ever going 4-0 before.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I play in one Sealed event per set just to say I did it, I hate Sealed at a format it's the worst official format in existence.

To save time each player should open their packs compare who has more bombs roll a percentile dice to see if you get mana screwed and crown the champion.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vinen

God is dead
I play in one Sealed event per set just to say I did it, I hate Sealed at a format it's the worst official format in existence.

To save time each player should open their packs compare who has more bombs roll a percentile dice to see if you get mana screwed and crown the champion.

Whereas other events are how much money did you throw into your deck? The great part about sealed is the cost of entry. I play Modern (BW Control or Burn) and Sealed events. Found sealed events to be the most fun as its just fun.

//Have any extra Revised Dual Lands? Building out a play-set of all of them for legacy. Looking for Light/Heavy played primarily.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente

I disagree. Only about 5 percent of pools are ridiculous like that and only about 5 or 10 percent are basically unplayable piles. The other 80-90 percent of pools are a puzzle to be solved. The gameplay is different enough from draft that it's interesting in it's own way. Curves aren't usually as good, there's more removal, but also more bombs. But the extra removal helps make up for that compared to in draft. Sideboarding in sealed is amazing compared to draft as well, since you can essentially just swap decks or side out/in a color etc.

• 2Like

Vinen

God is dead
I disagree. Only about 5 percent of pools are ridiculous like that and only about 5 or 10 percent are basically unplayable piles. The other 80-90 percent of pools are a puzzle to be solved. The gameplay is different enough from draft that it's interesting in it's own way. Curves aren't usually as good, there's more removal, but also more bombs. But the extra removal helps make up for that compared to in draft. Sideboarding in sealed is amazing compared to draft as well, since you can essentially just swap decks or side out/in a color etc.

This. I've learned so much from playing Sealed 2020 and Eldraine the last week. I sorta came in full retard into modern and dropped 2K on 2 decks in a few weeks. Can play my modern decks fine but I learn so much more from sealed as it requires actual thought other than LOL MTGTOP8.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fae of Wishes is really fun in this sealed, can piece together weird patchwork strategies you didn't expect to occur.

Sterling

El Presidente
This. I've learned so much from playing Sealed 2020 and Eldraine the last week. I sorta came in full retard into modern and dropped 2K on 2 decks in a few weeks. Can play my modern decks fine but I learn so much more from sealed as it requires actual thought other than LOL MTGTOP8.
Limited is the best way to learn creature combat and complex board states. when there's 10 creatures on the board and they all have different keyword abilities and different power/toughness it makes for a lot of calculating.