MTG thread

Sterling

El Presidente
I hated MPR cards because they don't look like magic cards. These dial that to 11. Not even the art aspect of it, since that's all subjective, just the actual structure of the cards.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Huey streams sponsored streams when Wizards is paying him to stream and that's about it. Not sure about Juza and Mengu. LSV is a personal gaming brand at this point, not specifically tied to Magic.

Ben Stark and Michael Jacobs are by far the 'best' players on Twitch on a technical level, but also rather grating to watch personality wise.

Take that back. DarkestMage is the autist that MTG deserves. I haven't played a game of Magic in 8 years but follow him because he is brutally honest about what it takes to play well and doesn't put up with dipshits. He is a different person after moving to Denver and really tries to stay positive and helpful unless someone is being a fucktard.

Sterling

El Presidente
Take that back. DarkestMage is the autist that MTG deserves. I haven't played a game of Magic in 8 years but follow him because he is brutally honest about what it takes to play well and doesn't put up with dipshits. He is a different person after moving to Denver and really tries to stay positive and helpful unless someone is being a fucktard.
I know Jacobs through testing groups and mutual friends. Guy is really sharp and very good at figuring out at a base level what matters in formats. Have seen him walk around with his US Nationals trophy at a GP as well, so there's that as well lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah I love watching MJ's streams because when some dipshit in chat tries to tell him how to play he will tell them how they're wrong and why they're fucking stupid.

Also because he won the MOCS after drafting white aggro decks in cube 2 days straight when his chat told him the entire time he was testing cube (he'd never cubed before, since it is 'not a real format') that white aggro decks in vintage cube were unplayable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Oh yeah I love watching MJ's streams because when some dipshit in chat tries to tell him how to play he will tell them how they're wrong and why they're fucking stupid.

Also because he won the MOCS after drafting white aggro decks in cube 2 days straight when his chat told him the entire time he was testing cube (he'd never cubed before, since it is 'not a real format') that white aggro decks in vintage cube were unplayable.

I watched that entire MOCS because his sealed deckbuilding is second to none. I laughed out loud when he misplayed, still drew to his outs, and he yelled "OH MY GOD MY DECK WOULDN'T LET ME LOSE!"

Sterling

El Presidente

yeah, turns out going 1 drop, 2 drop, 3 drop, armageddon in pseudo limited is good when everyone else is trying to do non interactive combo shit

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's always great when enough people agree that an archetype in draft is shit that you can just get it uncontested and perfect and stomp

Sterling

El Presidente
It's always great when enough people agree that an archetype in draft is shit that you can just get it uncontested and perfect and stomp
yeah, if everyone is avoiding green cards and there's 6 dudes fighting over blue cards, being the 1 green drafter feels good.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
yeah, turns out going 1 drop, 2 drop, 3 drop, armageddon in pseudo limited is good when everyone else is trying to do non interactive combo shit
Weenies -> geist of saint traft -> geddon is how I beat Jon Finkel on his stream in the very first vintage cube on MTGO.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I watched that entire MOCS because his sealed deckbuilding is second to none. I laughed out loud when he misplayed, still drew to his outs, and he yelled "OH MY GOD MY DECK WOULDN'T LET ME LOSE!"
His sealed deckbuilding is nuts. I've learned so much about sealed deck and slower draft formats from watching his stream. TBH though I don't think he's an amaziing aggro drafter in more normal draft formats.

Sterling

El Presidente
yeah, that's a pretty savage announcement. Don't really see all that much that's really controversial, although Arcanist getting the shitcan in Legacy is kind of funny.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I see most people not having an issues with the bans and than you have the smooth brains who think more should have been banned like Ugin in standard lol

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I care less about what they banned specifically and more about how recently most of those cards were released. They are legit retards. Or super greedy. Probably both.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Dreadhorde ban is kinda lame. While yes, the other bans will drive Delver variants towards more Dreadhorde, the reasoning that you have to remove it immediately is just as true of Mother of Runes.

On the other hand, Dreadhorde and Oko are both cards I can't get artist signed so fuck em. Wasn't gonna play those anyway.

Sterling

El Presidente
I care less about what they banned specifically and more about how recently most of those cards were released. They are legit retards. Or super greedy. Probably both.
Well part of it is the older problem cards were already banned so it's almost always going to be newer cards that get banned, or older cards get banned because of interactions with new bans.

Trickery banning is weird, that just seems like a meme deck to me. How is that actually any better than like Neoform or whatever.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I'm sad they didn't ban balustrade spy in modern I have to play that shit twice a week

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
AA539723-32FF-42F6-9C1A-CF44C828C9F8.jpeg

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Well part of it is the older problem cards were already banned so it's almost always going to be newer cards that get banned, or older cards get banned because of interactions with new bans.

Trickery banning is weird, that just seems like a meme deck to me. How is that actually any better than like Neoform or whatever.
Trickery is faster and easier than neoform in modern. Plus it gets Emrakul.