MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Too bad, other companies spent 20 years making magic clones using other IPs and papa wotc wants their mother fucking money.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Guess it's a new type of product - Beyond Universes - and includes the upcoming D&D set. I can only imagine what IPs come next.

Although, seeing BattleTech come back for a set... I mean, if we're going to do this, let's fucking do it.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Guess it's a new type of product - Beyond Universes - and includes the upcoming D&D set. I can only imagine what IPs come next.

Although, seeing BattleTech come back for a set... I mean, if we're going to do this, let's fucking do it.
It would be the best set ever for Mill decks

Chris

Potato del Grande
Would be cool if stand alone products with some rules changes to make them incompatible with the main game, but if they work with standard cards then the already crazy art/border situation is going to be irreversibly damaged even further.

The consistent border/art styles where a good thing.

Sterling

El Presidente
KTKx3 was one of the best draft sets ever though.
It really was a really good draft set, and got much worse with the added set. Best feeling ever is first picking a Trail of Mystery and then just drafting multilands and random morphs.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Easy 500$ foil right here. Shame it's gonna be completely hamstrung by their card quality in current year

px1qg2874hk61.jpg

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
time spiral remastered is a physical set yea

OG borders/foils on specific cards

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Each pack has one "old border" card in it, chance for it to be foil. The Old-Border stuff is things that weren't actually in Time Spiral Block, it's kind of an "homage" to the Purple-symbol timeshifted subset, except instead of dragging random shit from the past into the present, it's dragging random shit from the present into the past (frame-wise, not timeline-wise).

I need me some old-bordered Treasure Cruises.

Shame that foil quality will probably ruin things, since the old borders looked swell in foil. But nothing looks swell when 2D becomes 3D a minute after you open it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Those look sooooooo good. I should buy a whole bunch of this set and put it away. The red staples like Young Pyro look fantastic in the old border, the old red border was by far the best, along with the old artifact border.

Old white border and to some extent blue border are slightly hard to read.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm probably going to spend an unfortunate amount on the old border cards heh. Lot of good choices in there. The rarity on some of it is gonna be bonkers though. Foil thoughtseize probably hold around 500$ for basically every, or at least until they all curl up to the point they are unplayable.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wasn't sure how I felt about the newer cards on old frames, though I do agree with Mist on the white card issue, but seeing some of the green cards released today... I absolutely love it.

I'd have much preferred the TN version of Eternal Witness, but that was never going to happen sadly. Still, this one looks great along with the rest.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yea I'm probably going to spend an unfortunate amount on the old border cards heh. Lot of good choices in there. The rarity on some of it is gonna be bonkers though. Foil thoughtseize probably hold around 500$ for basically every, or at least until they all curl up to the point they are unplayable.
I really want to see how the modern foiling process looks on the old card borders before I even think about getting foils.

But I will definitely want 4x non-foils of all the old border staple cards like Young Pyro, Elvish Mystic, Remand, Ponder, etc. Chalice looks so good too.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I'm highly likely to get sunk into rebuys of a lot of it as well. Unfortuntely the vast majority of my collection is signed and Japanese so it's a lot of rework hunting and getting signatures.

Sterling

El Presidente
if the set is available in some languages that a lot of the cards weren't printed in before that's a whole extra thing too. Old frame Korean Lorwyn art thoughtseize? $$$$$

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I really want to see how the modern foiling process looks on the old card borders before I even think about getting foils.

But I will definitely want 4x non-foils of all the old border staple cards like Young Pyro, Elvish Mystic, Remand, Ponder, etc. Chalice looks so good too.

I'll never own another foil card until they've actually put forth some kind of statement and/or effort in addressing the asinine card stock issues they've been ignoring for half a decade now.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They did release a statement to that effect, back when they released Dominaria. It was largely a pile of lies. :D

• 1Like