MTG thread

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The "cultural consultants" you've hired will never stop finding things that are problematic. It's literally what you pay them to do.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So those four 6-card scene boxes releasing in Nov? They are brand new cards. So that's interesting.

Apparently Amazon already mailed some out. Oops.

lotr1.png

lotr2.png

lotr3.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
woe-87-the-end.jpg

From Wilds of Eldraine, really good card imo. Vraska's Contempt has seen quite a bit of play in certain metas, and I'd say this card is pretty much strictly better than it, excepting some niche strategies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Split finals for the first prerelease of the weekend, Black White is fun as heck. So many fiddly interactions and moving parts but they all do things baseline so even when it fails to rube Goldberg it's still stabbing folks in the face. The 2/2 for 1W who hands out a Sorcerer Role every round is nuts.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hadn’t done a pre-release in a while, but since husband didn’t want to play commander today, figured I’d go change it up. Had an absolute blast with this deck, though I never drew the damn goblin bombardment. Lost two games to mana issues, unfortunately but went 2-1 overall. That stupid ass apple was silly, since every other person I played against was running green with big creatures, so I’d just snag them.

IMG_6924.jpeg

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
My box was absolute trash. Built a G/W, went 2-1 but many of the games were way too close. Never even drew half of my removal of either of my big creatures.

A U/B fairies deck just farmed me with how fucking bonkers faeries synergies are. A U 3/3 flier? A 1/3 that loots and +1/+1s when any of your faeries attack? A 1/3 flying life linker when you have another faerie? Yeah, nothing I can do about that.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Won the second prerelease because last round opponent didn't want to draw and split. Black just has a crazy density of good cards. My second event's sealed pool had two Gumdrop Poisoner and multiple raise dead effects so I just farmed medium sized creatures all day today.

Sterling

El Presidente
Sheldon Menery dead, cancer sucks.
It really does. I know he's more known for EDH, but I will always remember him from back when I was playing PTs. He was a good dude and very formative to the direction of competitive Magic.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, was always kind of funny when the CEDH people would go off on "this man has no idea how competitive magic the gathering works!"

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
woe-87-the-end (1).jpg

Played against a Nissa deck earlier and hit a Forest with this after she turned it into a creature 🙃🙃🙃🙃

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Got the itch to play again when the LOTR set came out, was disappointed to learn it was not standard legal. WOE seems fun so far, adventure mechanic is pretty fun but not a giant fan of the theme overall.

Play for me is fully casual, no net decking or anything. Came up with this, and have had ok luck with it so far yesterday evening and this AM.

3 Ashiok, Wicked Manipulator (WOE) 78
1 Shattered Sanctum (VOW) 264
3 Lord Skitter, Sewer King (WOE) 97
3 Pollen-Shield Hare (WOE) 233
1 Sundown Pass (VOW) 266
2 Ossification (ONE) 26
3 Borrowed Time (MID) 6
2 Touch the Spirit Realm (NEO) 40
3 Rite of Oblivion (MID) 237
3 Corrupted Conviction (MOM) 98
3 Lord Skitter's Butcher (WOE) 99
3 Furnace Reins (MOM) 141
1 Haunted Ridge (MID) 263
3 Eaten Alive (MID) 99
3 Play with Fire (MID) 154
2 Song of Totentanz (WOE) 150
6 Plains (THB) 250
5 Swamp (THB) 252
5 Mountain (THB) 253
2 Evolving Wilds (M20) 246
1 Wind-Scarred Crag (MOM) 276
1 Bloodfell Caves (MOM) 267
1 Scoured Barrens (NEO) 274

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, was always kind of funny when the CEDH people would go off on "this man has no idea how competitive magic the gathering works!"
Truthfully never heard a cedh person say anything about him lol, always the casuals ranting about this not being banned or calling for a ban.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
$14k Unlimited starter deck was a repack. Opps. Lazy ass repack too, they put some Revised lands in. Starts at about 1:30:00 for anyone super bored and up at 4am like myself. Not exactly a spoiler - every Uncommon and Rare were ass.

• 1Worf

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Ouch, not sure how he didn't know right after opening. Re-seal was done very poorly, and look at the condition of the cards from side view. Used/dirty card edges of different colors, not a fan of clean bright white cards.

Interested to see what he comes back with, if he gets refunded, etc.

1694527846270.png

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Highlander CCG kick-starting another new edition. Game refuses to die.

• 1Blown