MTG thread

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So it looks like the Jurassic Park cards show up once per 12 packs. However there are five basic lands and two tokens that are part of this subset, and share this slot with the rest of the Jurassic Park cards. Ouch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting draft format so far. So little mana fixing in the set, definitely avoid three color if you can.

OneofOne

So it looks like the Jurassic Park cards show up once per 12 packs. However there are five basic lands and two tokens that are part of this subset, and share this slot with the rest of the Jurassic Park cards. Ouch.

Speaking of...

So I pick up a set booster box because I love me some dinosaurs and vampires. And I'm now the proud owner of 3 Jurassic Park basic lands. FML

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

New discover combo with Quintorius and/or geological appraiser is making waves, especially in Pioneer (and explorer on Arena I think).

You play geological appraiser on turn 3 or 4, it will discover either a glasspool mimic or an eldritch evolution. If its the mimic, you copy the appraiser and discover again until you get Eldritch Evolution. Then you sac the Appraiser to evolution to get a Trumpeting Carnosair which has discover 5. You can only discover another appraiser, mimic, or evolution. You keep doing this until the board has four 7/6 Carnosaurs, four 3/2 appraisers, 4 mimics, and then you use the last Eldritch evolution to put put a Doomskar titan and run your opponent over. On turn 3.

1 card interaction isn't really great in any format, but this can be beaten if you have any removal at all (stomp the appraiser in response to the mimic entering, and there will be no appraiser to copy and start the chain). It will be interesting to see how this shakes out because the community is pretty divided on if there should be bans or not.

• 1WTF

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Not MTG but Rudy finally noticed how much One Piece TCG cards have been going for and he is getting in out. Like how he comments on the cards having sexy women and beefy men, not something you see much of in MTG.

OneofOne

I like that he pointed out card quality. WOTC's has gone to complete shit in their desperate bid to keep every additional penny they can.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Are the Lorcana starter decks worth picking up for MSRP at Target? Any value in the wild?

• 1Worf

OneofOne

Some spoilers have gone out for Murders at Karlow Manor and the MTG version of Clue. MaKM will have at least 3 different showcases, in addition to serialized cards and "invisible ink" foil card in the CBs. Below are the 3 showcases, 2 of which do zero for me. I do like the the "magnifying glass" showcase.

3showcase.png

Clue cards so far below. Each box will have a random shockland, all 10 available. Included are 8 Ravnica: Clue Edition Boosters, each containing a Jumpstart style half deck with a new rare card, and 21 Evidence cards featuring characters, weapons, and rooms inspired by Clue.

clue.png

Also, whereas extended foil slivers were showing up as bonus cards in SLs, now it's elves. So far just Nettle Sentinel, Shaman of the Pack, and Jaspera Sentinel. While I do like and collect elves, this is super trolly on WOTC's part. But isn't most of what they do these days?

• 1Like

OneofOne

Not gonna lie, I'm really liking some of the new art on these special guest and Japanese alt art cards.

savra.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Over 30% of their workforce canned. The question now is does Hasbro drag WOTC/MTG down with it during its death throes

Wow you continually fuck over the loyal customers of your luxury products leading into a massive recession and bad stuff happens eventually. Interesting.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Wow you continually fuck over the loyal customers of your luxury products leading into a massive recession and bad stuff happens eventually. Interesting.
the problem is the people who got fired are the ones who designed the best selling magic product of all time, designed the best selling D&D products of all time, made the products that lead to WotC's best year ever.

The people who didn't get fired are the ones who overprinted D&D products to the point that they are on fire sale now, despite the community agreeing they were generally good. Or put the next magic product on sale cheaper than game stores could buy it on Amazon a few weeks before LGSs could even order them, and now the product is DOA. Those people got bonuses.

Hasbro is a really fucking dumb company, and the fact that they have to hack at their only profitable arm now exemplifies that (they fired 900 people earlier in the year from the other arms of the company)

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Bought 10 packs of Ixalan yesterday because I was at a LGS. Haven't played in probably 10 years or more and have been kicking around getting into Pauper and such for something to do. I pulled Owen Grady. I just don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, I like Jurassic Park, on the other it is killing my immersion.

1702735323107.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
Bought 10 packs of Ixalan yesterday because I was at a LGS. Haven't played in probably 10 years or more and have been kicking around getting into Pauper and such for something to do. I pulled Owen Grady. I just don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, I like Jurassic Park, on the other it is killing my immersion.

View attachment 504445
I bet urza made his bike

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider

View attachment 504445
I know it’s technically not about MTG, but god I fucking hated this character on principle.

literally the entire JP trilogy was about how nature cannot be tamed or controlled and then the trailer for JW has raptors running alongside Pratt while he’s riding on a motorcycle

just pissed all over Crichtons grave

I felt so fucking dirty when I saw the film anyway
IMG_9029.jpeg

• 1Like