Murders and Shootings

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Another example of why I could never be a cop, fireman, or doctor. Can you fucking imagine having to go in and clean up that classroom?

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Anyway how the hell do you make it to 24/yr old without be diagnosed as insane before you off children? Can this person really be normal until he snaps?
My older brother has paranoia schizophrenia and when he was insanely making threats about getting back at imaginary people "trying to kill him" we called the police and voiced our concerns, hoping maybe to get him help/institutionalized.

We were told "There is no law against being crazy.... *click*....."

This country desperately needs mental health laws to be addressed and brought to the forefront if we want to stop hearing about stories like this.

Homeschooling is probably gonna increase as a result of this.

I'm still not against gun ownership though, better regulation needs to happen for sure. There were some good ideas in the other gun thread about how Europe does gun control.

Swagdaddy

Oh and a few weeks later he did attack a random stranger at a local McDonalds, got jail time where he received proper treatment for his mental illness.

Hasn't had a single issues in years after being forced to be medicated, it's too bad people like him and others only receive proper treatment and restrictions following violent crimes.

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
As a parent of two young children, including one in kindergarten, I'm horrified, frightened, saddened, and furious ... all at the same time.

As has been noted, this isn't just about guns. This is about EVIL. How did we as a society become capable of so much fucking evil?

How does any man, even one with mental issues, come to the conclusion in his mind that, "Hey, I'm pissed at my family so I think I'll go kill a room full of babies".

How the fuck did we become so evil?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
My older brother has paranoia schizophrenia and when he was insanely making threats about getting back at imaginary people "trying to kill him" we called the police and voiced our concerns,hoping maybe to get him help/institutionalized.

We were told "There is no law against being crazy.... *click*....."

This country desperately needs mental health laws to be addressed and brought to the forefront if we want to stop hearing about stories like this.
I'm so glad we can't just call the cops on our family members and have them tossed in the loony bin. I'm shocked some people think this is okay.

How did we as a society become capable of so much fucking evil?
I'd imagine its a combination of what you're exposed to, in addition to being whacky in the head where you can't separate that fiction from reality.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm so glad we can't just call the cops on our family members and have them tossed in the loony bin. I'm shocked some people think this is okay.
The point is to get help for them before they do anything, unfortunately the way the laws are written in most states you can't get them committed unless they did something (see Swag's post). Ounce of prevention, pound of cure, etc. So yeah, I think its okay.

thunderbunny_sl

shitlord
How does any man, even one with mental issues, come to the conclusion in his mind that, "Hey, I'm pissed at my family so I think I'll go kill a room full of babies".
Purely speculative, but this guy probably had jealousy issues based on the way his parents raised him and his mother taking care of these other kids. Maybe he felt like they failed him... It's the only possible explanation I can come up with why he specifically targeted his mothers classroom and did not just murder his parents and then anyone else who crossed him at random. That said, I pray that the fact that this new low set here does not get emulated by other insane assholes.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The point is to get help for them before they do anything, unfortunately the way the laws are written in most states you can't get them committed unless they did something (see Swag's post). Ounce of prevention, pound of cure, etc. So yeah, I think its okay.
You can't help those who don't want the help themselves. At that point, you're faced with either letting them be, or going back to the 1930s when we threw people into psychiatric prisons.

Swagdaddy

Yeah I'm really glad the random stranger got assaulted with a butcher knife at McDonalds when it was extremely obvious my brother needed help and was practically begging for treatment for his hallucinations but due to paranoia wouldn't go to the police station.

I hope you choke on a cock faggot.

Swagdaddy

psychopathy isn't a mental illness and stories like this really don't need this much coverage because it only inspires people.
I would have to assume mental illness is involved in this case in order to continue to live among human beings.

Also family members are the most common targets for people with mental illness to target for violence.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm really glad the random stranger got assaulted with a butcher knife at McDonalds when it was extremely obvious my brother needed help and was practically begging for treatment for his hallucinations.

Correct. 100% of people who need help and are practically begging for treatment for their hallucinations are violent individuals and should be thrown into a psychiatric prison without their consent.

Newsflash: We did that once in our countries history.

Swagdaddy

The ones making violent threats should be, and I wish we could continue doing it considering my brother has 100% recovered from his symptoms for years now after being in jail and receiving proper treatment "against his consent".

I'm sure the stranger who was stabbed would have appreciated if multiple family members together could at least force someone to be mentally evaluated.

He still feels extremely guilty for the assault and it's not fair to him, or the victim how it was handled.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The ones making violent threats should be, and I wish we could continue doing it considering my brother has 100% recovered from his symptoms for years now after being in jail and receiving proper treatment "against his consent".
If he was making violent threats, then getting him arrested is much easier. But one day, you'll figure out that not everyone with mental problems is your brother, and therefore you really shouldn't expect everyone with issues to be treated as such. As I said earlier in this thread, there are plenty of people who are loony and fucked up in the head who might do really, really fucked up things -- but would never hurt another human being.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Correct. 100% of people who need help and are practically begging for treatment for their hallucinations are violent individuals and should be thrown into a psychiatric prison without their consent.

Newsflash: We did that once in our countries history.
I don't have a problem with committing mentally ill people. I'm a big fan of Reagan but he made a giant mistake in cutting funding for mental health resulting in the release of lots of mentally ill people into the community. One of the big reasons for the uptick in homelessness under Reagan. Mentally ill people need help, often can't function on their own and if they don't get that help they may become a danger to society.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm really glad the random stranger got assaulted with a butcher knife at McDonalds when it was extremely obvious my brother needed help and was practically begging for treatment for his hallucinations but due to paranoia wouldn't go to the police station.

So your brother is a psychopath?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Good thing that the Affordable Care Act will finally allow people to afford the help that they need.

Thank you President Obama.