Murders and Shootings

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Damn. This shit is fucked up. I wish these cowards would just off themselves and save everyone else the pain and trouble...

supertouch_sl

shitlord
wow. they just showed ryan lanza (the guy whose facebook was plastered all over news outlets) being taken into custody. i guess his brother was the shooter.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
If he was making violent threats, then getting him arrested is much easier.
No it's not moron that was the whole point of my posts, I don't think you're keeping up well.

I was saying only those making repeated violent claims/threats should be made to go under a forced mental evaluation if multiple family members report them with consistent examples of said behavior.

My younger brother has autism, I'm aware everyone with a mental illness does not require forced treatment.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This is bullshit. What kind of coward does this kinda shit.

And for all you people blaming guns.. Fuck that, the person that did this is to blame. Guns or not, you have to have something seriously wrong with you to even think, then act like this.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
We may have tossed people in mental hospitals at one time, but that's all we did, toss them in. Today we should expect a hospital to serve as a place of treatment, not just a place to lock undesirables away. It is about time that we got serious about helping people get better and integrating into society instead of pushing them into inpatient programs that drain all hope and delay any return to society.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Wow actually this story reminded me of a guy I went to school with, it was in 7th grade when we all heard he had gotten into an argument with his grandmother.

He had found a pistol in the home, shot his grandmother to death and almost killed his own mother over an issue with cleaning up dog poop.

My apologies for the mental health derail, maybe it was just a huge asshole like my classmate in middle school.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is bullshit. What kind of coward does this kinda shit.

And for all you people blaming guns.. Fuck that, the person that did this is to blame. Guns or not, you have to have something seriously wrong with you to even think, then act like this.
Agreed. The problem is the sick individual. I mean its not like this guy would have said "welp, I would love to kill a room full of kids .....but since I cant shoot them then I wont".

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
How the fuck did we become so evil?
Become? Sorry we as a species have been capable and have committed acts of "evil" since we have existed. It's been thousands of years and we are still trying to get rid of this behavior but lets not pretend like this is even remotely new.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Agreed. The problem is the sick individual. I mean its not like this guy would have said "welp, I would love to kill a room full of kids .....but since I cant shoot them then I wont".
So how would he have killed a room full of kids with that amount of adults around without a gun? Figure there had to be 40+ adults there if there were 600 kids, this wouldn't have happened to the degree it did if the person didn't have access to firearms.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Right, the entire class wasn't killed.
Ahh sorry you wanted higher body count. My bad I thought you were just comparing gruesome acts to gruesome acts.

Here, a better example to people not using guns to commit a gruesome act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks

Also, go fuck yourself.

If you ban guns you don't ban the problem. You change the problem to some other means of destruction.

Ban on guns? they go and buy home-made device material.

Ban on readily available home garden material? They buy a butchers knife.

Ban on knives? People start getting better and better at using rolling pins.

People blaming inanimate objects for these things makes me lose faith in humanity.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm not blaming the guns, I'm stating the damage would have been limited if he didn't have them. Building a home made bomb or hijacking a plane is not a very simple thing for your average person and therefore a pretty good deterrent on their own.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Building a homemade device that could do serious damage isn't that hard. Hell a couple molotov cocktails thrown in the right places could have done more than the gun.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Gun control and health care are the two obvious ways to address our problem with mass shootings. Which is why the problem will not be addressed.