Murders and Shootings

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
5.56 aka Remington .223 is a rather anemic rifle round, as are nearly all handgun rounds. There is no "margin of error" advantage of 223 vs handgun round. Actually a 223 is about half the diameter of a 9mm, but travels about 2.5x as fast which creates a larger temporary wound cavity.

Yes he probably had 30rnd mags in the AR, but reloading a 15rnd pistol mag takes a matter of seconds. The weapon used really does not matter much if someone is prepared and looking to cause as much harm as possible.

We are going to see a huge rise in the use of AR 15's in shootings, simply because in the past 5 years they have become insanely popular. It is a good platform that fires a low recoil, relatively cheap round that you can get everywhere. But in no way shape or form are the capabilities of an AR more than most other firearms on the market. It just happens to be a quality rifle with a crap ton of accessories

Cheap Cigar_sl

shitlord
Morgan Freeman commented:
"You want to know why {these shootings keep happening}. This may sound cynical, but here's why.It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

http://www.examiner.com/article/morg...-hook-shooting

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Morgan Freeman commented:
"You want to know why {these shootings keep happening}. This may sound cynical, but here's why.It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

http://www.examiner.com/article/morg...-hook-shooting
God damn, Morgan Freeman just became even more awesome. I didn't think that was possible.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
What about nuclear bombs? Well, this should give Obama the ammunition (horrible pun) he needs to go after assault rifles. I honestly don't know what the rational defense is for them but I live in suburbia and in my day to day life guns in no way are needed or even come across my thought process. If I lived in the ghetto I'm sure they'd have some relevance to me.
dr petit, and his family didnt live in the ghetto, sure coulda used a gun when they home invaded his fucking ass.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
I know wikipedia isn't cool, but this is a pretty informative article about what an assault rifle is, and what the difference between assault rifles and assault weapons is.

The AR-15 (or Bushmaster etc) isnt technically an assault rifle because it dosent have a burst or full auto mode, but aside from that it meets the other criteria for an assault rifle and is classifed as an assault weapon under us law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle

Thanks Gavin, didn't know that.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
What does the 'AR' in AR-15 stand for?
I think it stands for automatic rifle, but could be wrong, wikipedia says they're semi auto so maybe it stands for Assault Rifle.

Its apparently based on an AR-10 which was produced by Armalite, so it could also maybe stand for Armalite Rifle?

Or does it stand for anything at all?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-15

added:

nvmd gavinrad solved it before I posted

Sulrn

Deuces
AR-15 = Armalite Rifle 15.

Brando, you are not a moron. You are an ignorant individual that has no right discussing what is or is not an assault rifle.

foddon

According to CNN (and I believe the police) he had two handguns and the Bushmaster .223(?) with him in the school. The chief medical examiner said all of the bullet wounds were caused by the Bushmaster (which, I assume, is what people in this thread are referring to as the AR-15). The Bushmaster is apparently the same weapon used by the DC snipers from a while back.

Fuse

People on AR-15 are saying that the rifle pulled out of the car looked like an SKS or AK, not an AR-15. Sounds like he might have had 2 rifles, one in the school and one outside.

I kind of wish I had never listened to the coroner's report. Can't get the image out of my head.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why the fuck would a woman have all those weapons anyway, unless she just kept them to fuck her husband over in the divorce. Bitch got what she deserved.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Thanks for proving that you're a moron who should never make another post about guns ever again. Not only are none of those weapons I posted bolt action (I mean seriously, you obviously don't know what the fuck a bolt action rifle looks like), but all 3 of those are the same fucking weapon, the M14. You know an M4 is a chopped down M16 right, and doesn't look anything like any of the pictures I posted? Also, what the fuck are you even going on about? The guy was gunning down 5 year olds, he could have been using 9mm pistols and probably killed just as many of them. Thousands of people get murdered every year by handguns, BUT OH GOD RIFLES LOOK SCARY LETS LEGISLATE THEM
So how do you feel about the media coverage of the gun control debate post attack?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Why the fuck would a woman have all those weapons anyway, unless she just kept them to fuck her husband over in the divorce. Bitch got what she deserved.
I've read that she was

1. A gun buff who took her kids practicing shooting regularly
2. She owned them because she was from New Hampshire and was used to guns being around and was afraid being a single woman alone with "children" (20 year old developmentally disabled individual at least) so she owned them for protection

At this point we may never know but that was what I was wondering earlier, why would a single woman own such a hunting rifle

The pistols made sense but the .223 rifle I dunno

Maybe I"m just being mysogynistic on accident.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So how do you feel about the media coverage of the gun control debate post attack?
I don't watch TV

I've read that she was

2. She owned them because she was from New Hampshire and was used to guns being around and was afraid being a single woman alone with "children" (20 year old developmentally disabled individual at least) so she owned them for protection

At this point we may never know but that was what I was wondering earlier, why would a single woman own such a hunting rifle

The pistols made sense but the .223 rifle I dunno

Maybe I"m just being mysogynistic on accident.
I was just making a joke in poor taste. You're definitely straying into mysogyny here.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I've read that she was

2. She owned them because she was from New Hampshire and was used to guns being around and was afraid being a single woman alone with "children"(20 year old developmentally disabled individual at least)
Is why he should never have known where they were or had any access to them, bitch got what she deserved, damn i agree with gavin :x

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I was just making a joke in poor taste. You're definitely straying into mysogyny here.
Well shit. That definitely wasn't the intent, at least. Still ended up there. Guess I have some assumptions to reconsider.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
God damn, Morgan Freeman just became even more awesome. I didn't think that was possible.
The problem:

Carver2.jpg

Carver2.jpg

Carver2.jpg