Murders and Shootings

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I want to just curl up and have this be over... Fucking humanity, where did we go wrong?

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Man, this is horrible no matter where it happens, but living in the same state where it happens is sobering. Most people at work are very subdued, and I haven't even bothered to check FB yet as I'm sure it's several pages of this story by now.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Man, this is horrible no matter where it happens, but living in the same state where it happens is sobering. Most people at work are very subdued, and I haven't even bothered to check FB yet as I'm sure it's several pages of this story by now.
Same here, we're about 8 miles from the school. Every computer has the live stream on and no one really wants to talk about it. Fucking horrid.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sigh. I work at an elementary school, I'm on my fucking lunch break right now watching a livestream. This is just pathetic, I don't know how to finish this fucking day now.

No parent deserves to bury their child. Right before Christmas and New Years. I can't imagine being one of these parents, I'd lose my senses. I feel so sorry for these people.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Wearing bullproof vests = Premeditated? Pretty disturbing. My heart goes out to those kids and their families. Such a tragedy.
It's a Columbine do-over. 10-to-1 you'll find the two guys were obssessed with the Columbine guys. That's the problem with the massive media coverage - if you're a total fucked up loser you watch and you think to yourself: hey I'm a sociopath, I can be dead and famous too. I do think the massive media coverage everytime there's a shooting is one reason we see more and more of these. Not the only reason, but one reason.

Flank_sl

shitlord
If you arm teachers then at some point you will get a horrible incident where a teacher shoots children. Also, teachers cannot walk around a schools with guns all of the time, and all it would take is someone forgetting to lock the gun cabinet properly and then you have children with guns in school. The only way I can see it being okay to have guns on a school site is if those guns are carried by full time, well trained police officers. You could alter the layout of schools to make them more prison like, and only allow staff (not parents) into the area that the children are in.

This whole incident is sickening. I do not understand the kind of crazy that can make a person want to kill 5 year olds.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The first question isn't going to be about the gun but about the security of the school. How did the shooter gain access, etc. This may lead to all schools have locked front door policy, needing to get buzzed in for admittance. Similar to how a lot of day cares work.

what a horrible day.. 26 dead so close to home, which really puts this into perspective:

"July 22, 2011: Confessed mass killer Anders Behring Breivikkills 77in Norway in twin attacks: a bombing in downtown Oslo and a shooting massacre at a youth camp outside the capital. The self-styled anti-Muslim militant admitted both attacks"

Unimaginable

Cor_sl

shitlord
It's a Columbine do-over. 10-to-1 you'll find the two guys were obssessed with the Columbine guys. That's the problem with the massive media coverage - if you're a total fucked up loser you watch and you think to yourself: hey I'm a sociopath, I can be dead and famous too. I do think the massive media coverage everytime there's a shooting is one reason we see more and more of these. Not the only reason, but one reason.
Charlie Brooker did a piece about this. It's worth watching --http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm fucking pissed about this. But can you guys keep the politics out of this shit for at least 24 hours?

Anemone_sl

shitlord
"I'm afraid of children my own age. They kill each other. Did it always used to be that way? My uncle says no. Six of my friends have been shot in the last year alone. Ten of them died in car wrecks. I'm afraid of them and they don't like me because I'm afraid. My uncle says his grandfather remembered when children didn't kill each other. But that was a long time ago when they had things different."

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Pretty speechless about this, but agree with Tuco - I was about to say that. Sad sad day for everyone
frown.png

frown.png

frown.png

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is why we need better mental health programs and more funding for social work. They are the only people, after the person's family, who can possibly prevent situations escalating into something like this.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I seems like the amount of these incidents is increasing pretty drastically (although I haven't looked it up). I'd have to agree that the new media environment unwittingly promotes it.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Anyway how the hell do you make it to 24/yr old without be diagnosed as insane before you off children? Can this person really be normal until he snaps?
It wouldn't matter if he was labeled insane before then. They don't lock every crazy up, they give them pills and release them into the wild.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
man i jus saw this, people are fucked up, i just see this getting worse and worse further into december we get and crazies get all uppity.

Phandy

Golden Squire
Agreed with the media part, but the Columbine guys essentially targetted their peers, these guys targeted innocent children. How far does someone have to be pushed to plan to murder helpless kids?