Murders and Shootings

a_skeleton_04

<Banned>
As noted in this article:
http://hollywoodlife.com/2010/02/26/...er-had-autism/

A new article in Time magazine ? which Jenny was interviewed for ? suggests Evan suffers from Landau-Kleffner syndrome, ?a rare childhood neurological disorder that can also result in speech impairment and possible long-term neurological damage.?
Doctors later found out her son didn't have it. He had Landau-Kleffner which often is confused with autism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landau%...ffner_syndrome
The syndrome can be difficult to diagnose and may be misdiagnosed as autism, pervasive developmental disorder, hearing impairment, learning disability, auditory/verbal processing disorder, attention deficit disorder, mental retardation, childhood schizophrenia, or emotional/behavioral problems.

a_skeleton_04

<Banned>
I think the overall goal should be to inform and convince parents that a game is violent and they may want to consider whether they should give the game to their kid. No one step to doing that is going to be bullet proof.
I think regulations are great, and what's sad is we have so many on the books that are ignored and even the people writing the laws don't know what they do half the time. Too bad personal responsibility can't be put into a vaccine.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Westboro Baptist is in my town picketing one of the funerals... I wish someone would just drive right through a crowd of those sick motherfuckers.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Unless the game has naked titties, most parents aren't going to care. The coffee mod is what got parents to turn against GTA, not the fact that you mow down pedestrians in your hooptie while listening to Radio Los Santos.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I think the overall goal should be to inform and convince parents that a game is violent and they may want to consider whether they should give the game to their kid. No one step to doing that is going to be bullet proof.
That's nice in theory, but most parents don't give a shit. I did my time in the hell hole that was gamestop and I saw plenty of parents that would send their kid in with the credit card and throw a hissy when we made them come in the store.

If they did come in the store, we got one of the following:

-oh its ok, he turns the violence off (wut?)
-his brother has it
-all his friends have it
-he played it at a friends house

Out of all the twats I dealt with, there was only one parent I can remember who actually cared about the ratings and would ask us. Go figure she was an avid hunter and gun enthusiast. She showed me pictures of her hunting up north...badass mom!

Unless the game has naked titties, most parents aren't going to care. The coffee mod is what got parents to turn against GTA, not the fact that you mow down pedestrians in your hooptie while listening to Radio Los Santos.
Pretty much.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I dont deny that but given our discussions over the last few months here, it is clear that parental responsibility is at an all time low in America which partially ties into the Autism point I was making earlier. On top of that, we live in a country where violence is glorified and sex is shamed (and the same parents have a lot to do with that). Parents dont know that GTA is bad? Maybe some, but all of them? Come on. What the fuck do they think happens in Call of Duty where the latest game has a picture of guy with a gun on the front cover?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Personally, Araysar is killing me today but I enjoy watching a good troll. This one is a little over the top but he's still getting people riled up so lulz all around.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I'm not trolling, this autism/assburgers coddling sickens me. I understand it's a legitimate condition, but it seems like every shithead has it now and the parents just go "oh he cant help himself, he is autistic". Rate of autism in boys is one in 54? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. And that's based on the ones that "diagnosis" caught?

If that is indeed the rate, that's a national pandemic.

That is BS.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Rate of autism in boys is one in 54? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. And that's based on the ones that "diagnosis" caught?

That is BS.
Is this all based on a 'gut-feeling'? Because if you have some studies or statistics to back up your claim that would be great.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Back up what? The 1 in 54 rate? or the definition of Pandemic?

The rate of people who have HIV/AIDS is p[robably less than the autism rate and we've been calling HIV a pandemic for 20 years

As far as the statistic, give me a second - i got like 20 tabs open on these tards.

Edit: here you gohttp://nationalautismassociation.org...-1-in-54-boys/

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not trolling, this autism/assburgers coddling sickens me. I understand it's a legitimate condition, but it seems like every shithead has it now and the parents just go "oh he cant help himself, he is autistic". Rate of autism in boys is one in 54? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. And that's based on the ones that "diagnosis" caught?

That is BS.
1 in 3 americans is obese.

But yeah, 1 in 88 children being 'on the autism spectrum' is complete bullshit, who cares what the CDC says. I mean who cares that a lot of kids who have only a mild impairment will end up needing a minimal amount of treatment, and that in many cases simply having a positive diagnosis will make it possible for the parents to adjust their parenting style to one appropriate for autistic children.

You know what, never mind. Just fuck off you ignorant tool.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
1 in 3 americans is obese.

But yeah, 1 in 88 children being 'on the autism spectrum' is complete bullshit, who cares what the CDC says. I mean who cares that a lot of kids who have only a mild impairment will end up needing a minimal amount of treatment, and that in many cases simply having a positive diagnosis will make it possible for the parents to adjust their parenting style to one appropriate for autistic children.

You know what, never mind. Just fuck off you ignorant tool.
Another thing about that, I see its averaged out to 1 in 88 all the time when the actual breakdown is 1 in 54 for boys and 1 in 252 for girls, why is there a 5-fold discrepancy?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Congress just held a hearing two weeks ago inquiring as to why the CDC has not categorized Autism as a national pandemic due to the extremely high prevalence of diagnosis... so that may be coming soon. Prepare your jimmies for rustling.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Dont you think that seems like a staggeringly high number for boys to have the same type of mental disorder?

And dont you think its very odd that boys have it 5x more than girls?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Sure, it seems odd, but you are doing exactly what you mocked the conservatards for during the election...going on a gut feeling despite studies and statistics that show otherwise.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
The boy/girl thing really isn't that odd though. If autism is expressed because of damaged genes on the X chromosome it would have a higher incidence in males (XY) than females (XX). Just like color blindness.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dont you think that seems like a staggeringly high number for boys to have the same type of mental disorder?

And dont you think its very odd that boys have it 5x more than girls?
Don't you think it's very odd that women are 2x more likely to suffer from depression as men? Depression is clearly just a load of bullshit created to sell pills.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I googled "congress hearing autism", man that is a lot of derp out there from autism activists.

http://www.ageofautism.com/2012/12/-...m-hearing.html

Here's a sampling

Top 10 List for How Congress Needs to Proceed Following Its Hearing On Autism
on 11-29-12

1. Pass an Act of Congress banning vaccine mandates nationwide, an Act which
would override any state mandate laws.
2. Immediate ban of all mercury and aluminum in vaccines, including in the
manufacture of vaccines.
3. Immediate recall of all mercury and aluminum-containing vaccines.
4. Immediate retraction of the CDC's recommendation for the Hep B series for
infants, toddlers, and children.
5. Repeal the 1986 National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act.
6. Immediate investigation of the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
7. Criminal charges need to be brought
8. All Members of Congress need to be educated
9. Use the monies in the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program's fund
10.Bring Paul Thorsen back to the U.S. to face charges for fraud