Murders and Shootings

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Start a new fucking thread about gun control please. No one gives a shit about that at the moment in this thread.

Flank_sl

shitlord
I was listening to the live stream for a few minutes, and I thought the reporter mentioned that this school does have a locked front door policy and was buzzed in by someone inside. Not 100% sure if that is what I heard because I am at work and had the volume low. Anyone else hear this?
Correct. A woman was interviewed and said that all visitors had to be buzzed in. It was also said that the gunman was wearing a mask. If was not said how he got inside, though.

I'm following the details on the Washington Post and the article has changed about 15 times in the past 30 minutes. At one point they said there was a teacher who locked her classroom door and huddled her kids in the corner until the police arrived, so perhaps that was it? No idea.
No. It seems that is standard practice for that school. All teachers got their kids into the classroom, locked the door, and made the kids sit in a corner until the police came to their classroom.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
I haven't felt this shaken up about something since 9/11.
I agree. This is pretty huge.

Also given the fact that december 21st is around the corner. This gives the sick fucks out there a reason to go do something stupid.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Why do Americans tend to only care when something happens in USA? :/
I wouldn't say I only care about things happening here, but this is 'home' and things that hit close to home tend to be more emotionally impactful.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I first read this in the morning after it happened they were speculating only the principal and psychologist were killed.. I come back now and read about how many more died. No real words to describe this..

I am not at all religious, but days like today make me wish there really is a hell. Wish news channels would figure out that they fuel this kind of bullshit more than anyone.

Hachiman_sl

shitlord
Sure, let's also ban fire pokers, baseball bats, large knives, nail guns etc. All of which could easily be used to kill elementary school kids trapped in a classroom.

What needs to be regulated is ammunition.
Yes, all of those things are equally efficient killing machines. I know when I snap, first thing imma do is go to Home Depot. You watch too much TV.

Hachiman_sl

shitlord
"Everyone discussing firearm control atm is a pretty big dumbass."

Yes, because feeling awful for a bunch of people who you can do absolutely nothing for and then posting about it on a message board is what's appropriate.

Daven_sl

shitlord
My friends daughter goes to this school. She is safe thank god, and now home with her parents. Fuckin crazy people

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Created a new thread for gun control. It's going to be discussed here some, understandably, but I'd prefer that we keep heated debates about guns in general out of the thread.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Why do Americans tend to only care when something happens in USA? :/
9/11 was devastating here. I see no problem with that statement. Thousands of lives lost in a single event. The largest attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor. Plus, I was a freshman in high school at the time and that event was, and still is, hard to fathom.

I keep getting teary-eyed thinking about this. This is fucking awful.