Murders and Shootings

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
This is an interesting approach to the issue, but I don't see it as being economically viable.
You're right, who the fuck wants to pay an extra $20 in taxes to not have their kids slaughtered in fucking school?

Shut the fuck up, retard.

Anemone_sl

shitlord
Would you guys actually support more frequent lengthy stays in psych wards for people that may be a risk? I've been locked away in these places a few times, and it's really a terrible experience that didn't help me in the least. Being jailed on the whims of a cop/psychologist sucks.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My fiance is a kindergarten teacher. I don't even want to imagine what kind suck fucks would do this to kids.

Orcus_sl

shitlord
Would you guys actually support more frequent lengthy stays in psych wards for people that may be a risk? I've been locked away in these places a few times, and it's really a terrible experience that didn't help me in the least. Being jailed on the whims of a cop/psychologist sucks.
See Cutlery's post above yours. Second sentence.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is two towns over from me and I know exactly where the school is, my wife's sister knows teachers and parent with kids there. I honestly haven't felt like I wanted to throw up and cry at the same time over something like this since 9/11. The thought of children ages 4-10 being murdered in a public school this close to Christmas with parents having to find out that it's their children dead in there is simply stunning.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
"Everyone discussing firearm control atm is a pretty big dumbass."

Yes, because feeling awful for a bunch of people who you can do absolutely nothing for and then posting about it on a message board is what's appropriate.
Title of thread: "Elementary School shooting in Conn."

Go start another fucking thread for your gun control spew. Every one of these threads turns into this.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The gun control shit is all over facebook too, really annoying. If your first thought when you log onto facebook is to immediately defend guns, then there is something wrong with you.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
You're right, who the fuck wants to pay an extra $20 in taxes to not have their kids slaughtered in fucking school?

Shut the fuck up, retard.
I'm confused how spending more money for more mental health programs will prevent this kinda thing from happening, especially since most of the time when things like this happen, the person appeared to be completely normal beforehand. It's only after the event that everyone gets hindsight bias and says "wow we should have known". I would wager most people have things they do, or have done in their past that anyone could really dig into and say "Well, X person looks like he might be a murder, time to lock him up in a ward."

Salshun_sl

shitlord
"Everyone discussing firearm control atm is a pretty big dumbass."

Yes, because feeling awful for a bunch of people who you can do absolutely nothing for and then posting about it on a message board is what's appropriate.
I'd rather mourn and give respect and my sympathies than wharglebargle about political bullshit

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Anyone up for at the very least closing the loophole that allows people to buy guns at gun shows without a background check?
I am not going to talk politics right now, but i will answer this question. There is not a loophole allowing ppl to buy guns at gun shows without background checks, any sale of a firearm by anyone that holds an FFL requires a form 4473. No exceptions. Sales between private individuals do not require paperwork, and there is a very small percentage of ppl at gun shows that bring private weapons to sell. Just like you can open the classified add in the sunday paper and buy from private individuals.

What a horrible thing to do =( Now its going to be on the news for a week straight and give the next whackjob validation.

Hachiman_sl

shitlord
Title of thread: "Elementary School shooting in Conn."

Go start another fucking thread for your gun control spew. Every one of these threads turns into this.
Yeah, I bet there's a whole bunch of parents in Littleton, Aurora, and now here that wish there was some serious, sensible "Gun Control Spew" going on in our country.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
rrr_img_2726.jpg

Picture of supposed gunmen... confirmed.

rrr_img_2726.jpg

rrr_img_2726.jpg

Anemone_sl

shitlord
I'm confused how spending more money for more mental health programs will prevent this kinda thing from happening, especially since most of the time when things like this happen, the person appeared to be completely normal beforehand. It's only after the event that everyone gets hindsight bias and says "wow we should have known". I would wager most people have things they do, or have done in their past that anyone could really dig into and say "Well, X person looks like he might be a murder, time to lock him up in a ward."
If we work to de-stigmatize therapy, and asking for help when you need it, this sort of thing could be an effective prevention measure. I don't really see how a person could argue that funding for more kids to get therapy is a bad thing.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I do think it should be easier for family to commit family. Right now in most state sif you think your brother/son/father/etc is nuts you can't get him involuntarily commited unless he's done something that shows his an immediate danger to himself/others (or wtf the language is).