Murders and Shootings

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
I wonder how long until the media tries to pin this on him playing too much Call of Duty. That picture of him looks like something you would find in the urban dictionary under "nerdrage".

Also, the other frightening thing is where this took place. Middle America suburbia. I doubt you can paint a more idyllic location than Connecticut. This wasn't some inner city shooting, or some place with a high level of violence. This just points to the fact that this type of shit can happen anywhere. - a truly scary thought for those with young kids. As the famous poet James Maynard Keenan (I kid! I kid! But I do love his music) once scribed "incredulous is your desire to believe that angels exist in the hearts of men." There are some seriously evil people in this world, people beyond any hope for redemption.

Phandy

Golden Squire
I wonder how long until the media tries to pin this on him playing too much Call of Duty. That picture of him looks like something you would find in the urban dictionary under "nerdrage".
They already have. FoxNews (I know... LOL!) had a pyshcologist on today who essentially blamed video game violence for the increased violence in our schools.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
They already have. FoxNews (I know... LOL!) had a pyshcologist on today who essentially blamed video game violence for the increased violence in our schools.
CNBC has a former FBI profiler on right now that says exactly what Cor, Cor's video and I've said - the massive media coverage is the biggest fucking problem.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This makes me sick, I don't know how to protect my kids from this kind of thing. And I can't think of what the parents must be feeling, it's unthinkable. Some of you guys come off as serious assholes, I'm not talking like haha you're a funny internet asshole but really deplorable person type asshole.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
If you can't have it after 20 kids are murdered, when can you? Should every response be 'oh my god, this is terrible, praying for the victims'? not much of a conversation there. It's terrible, there isn't two sides to that discussion. We have to look into prevention at some point

We're all pissed about this
qoute the joker, people are willing to do anything as long as it goes "according to plan". There are many things that society adopts that kill way way wayyyy more people than guns ever will. over 1/2 a million americans die to preventable heart disease every year and because america's food supply is setup "according to plan" the death of a million american lives a year is not emphasized to the degree of the damage it's causing to america, However 27 people who can drive everyones emotions crazy with the mass manipulation that comes with constant coverage blasted all over television and radio is going to be covered like it was the ending of the world. In a age where gun control is being pushed this incident will be exploited by the state for maximum propaganda value. It's exactly as Stalin said 1 death is a trajedy a million is a statistic.

Also gun control Is an altruistic idea but pandora's box on guns is open. The government can't get drugs out of high security prisons after being at war with drugs for 40+ years, do you really think they will be able to control the guns out of the wrong hands?. you will never get rid of illegal guns, nevermind the state's guns don't forget when they talk about gun control it doesn't apply to the state they operate on seperate rules.

Also revealing is what the psychologist said on the news, if you blast this coverage all over the place it has a high chance to incite others to murder, If the state was really interested in public safety they would put a stop to that, and before anyone cries what i'm proposing is censorship, censorship is alive and well in the news every single day.

Tuco is right in one sense, to bring up gun control now is when the emotions of the incident are the highest, it will cause the most radical and controversial discussion, alot of which has to do with the highly emotional state the media puts us in by constantly (and selectivly, mind you) bombarding us with images and talk that put us in those emotional states.

Anemone_sl

shitlord
This makes me sick, I don't know how to protect my kids from this kind of thing. And I can't think of what the parents must be feeling, it's unthinkable. Some of you guys come off as serious assholes, I'm not talking like haha you're a funny internet asshole but really deplorable person type asshole.
imo one of the best things you can do for your children is to teach them that living in constant fear of their community is a bad thing

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
qoute the joker, people are willing to do anything as long as it goes "according to plan" over a million americans die to heart disease and because america's food supply is setup "according to plan" the death of a million american lives a year is not emphasized to the degree of the damage it's causing to america, but 27 people who can drive everyones emotions crazy with the mass manipulation that comes with constant coverage is blasted all over the television and radio why?. It's exactly as Stalin said 1 death is a trajedy a million is a statistic.

Also revealing is what the psychologist said on the news, if you blast this coverage all over the place it has a high chance to incite others to murder, If the state was really interested in public safety they would put a stop to that, and before anyone cries what i'm proposing is censorship, censorship is alive and well in the news every single day.

Tuco is right in one sense, to bring up gun control now is when the emotions of the incident are the highest, it will cause the most radical and controversial discussion, alot of which has to do with the highly emotional state the media puts us in by constantly (and selectivly, mind you) bombaring us with images and talk that put us in those emotional states.
News at 11! Death from eating unhealthy != death from being shot by some asshole..... Smoking kills tons every year to, but it's a choice. Going to school and getting shot IS NOT! This isn't a numbers game.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Posting pictures and etc is part of the problem (not necessarily on this board but in the media generally) see the video Cor posted on page 3. Some dipshit 15 year old is watching all he media coverage right now and thinking: I could do better.
this, just fucking said this to my girlfriend.. infamy.

Caliane

It's a Columbine do-over. 10-to-1 you'll find the two guys were obssessed with the Columbine guys. That's the problem with the massive media coverage - if you're a total fucked up loser you watch and you think to yourself: hey I'm a sociopath, I can be dead and famous too. I do think the massive media coverage everytime there's a shooting is one reason we see more and more of these. Not the only reason, but one reason.
yeah. cover the story. but never release these assholes names. Do not make them famous.

"Bulletproof vest" well to point it out, when media says that... its like when media calls a gun an assault rifle. Who the fuck knows what it was.

Pretty sure shooting kids=premeditated. You don't shoot kids out of anger.

Yutnopash_sl

shitlord
These asshole reporters talking to the kids about what they experienced...god fucking damn, fuck those guys and their producers for pushing that kind of reporting.

cosmic_cs_sl

shitlord
Sad thing about this is that I don't think it can be prevented, except maybe wall off all our schools and have checkpoints guarded by armed policemen... but then a killer can easily wait until the kids get out and do it then.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
These asshole reporters talking to the kids about what they experienced...god fucking damn, fuck those guys and their producers for pushing that kind of reporting.
I think it is excellent data to review at a later time even if it is an uncomfortable situation.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
qoute the joker, people are willing to do anything as long as it goes "according to plan". There are many things that society adopts that kill way way wayyyy more people than guns ever will. over 1/2 a million americans die to preventable heart disease every year and because america's food supply is setup "according to plan" the death of a million american lives a year is not emphasized to the degree of the damage it's causing to america, but 27 people who can drive everyones emotions crazy with the mass manipulation that comes with constant coverage is blasted all over the television and radio why?. In a age where gun control is being pushed this incident will be exploited by the state for maximum propaganda value. It's exactly as Stalin said 1 death is a trajedy a million is a statistic.

It's a altruistic idea but pandora's box on guns is open. The government can't get drugs out of high security prisons after being at war with drugs for 40+ years, do you really think they will be able to control the guns out of the wrong hands?. you will never get rid of illegal guns, nevermind the state's guns don't forget when they talk about gun control it doesn't apply to the state they operate on seperate rules.

Tuco is right in one sense, to bring up gun control now is when the emotions of the incident are the highest, it will cause the most radical and controversial discussion, alot of which has to do with the highly emotional state the media puts us in by constantly (and selectivly, mind you) bombaring us with images and talk that put us in those emotional states.
I totally get where you and Tuco and really everyone is coming from. But I also feel like having a gun shouldn't be considered a 'right' the way free speech is. Anyone who had a 5 minute conversation with this dude it seems would've seen it was clear he had no business having a firearm it would seem, just based on how public and morbid his twitter account was, which is completely and totally public. There's always the argument that people who want to hurt people will still find a way, but I also think putting obstacles in people's way still have chances of preventing things like this every once in a while too

Either way, I'll get off my soap box for this thread

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Sad thing about this is that I don't think it can be prevented, except maybe wall off all our schools and have checkpoints guarded by armed policemen... but then a killer can easily wait until the kids get out and do it then.
This is absurd. How is walling yourself off even an option, especially the only option?