Murders and Shootings

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Connecticut has an "assault weapons" ban in place already and the school was a gun free zone.

Why did this happen when those two laws where in place?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Sad thing about this is that I don't think it can be prevented, except maybe wall off all our schools and have checkpoints guarded by armed policemen... but then a killer can easily wait until the kids get out and do it then.
While this could make this a little bit more difficult, if it's true that he was the son of one of the teachers it may explain how he managed to get buzzed in.

Flank_sl

shitlord
They have Ryan Lanza's younger brother in custody. I am not sure if he was involved at all, I guess that they would want to look after him anyway since he just lost three family members in this shit.

Cor_sl

shitlord
ffdq1rqw.jpg

Jack Thompson. Haven't heard that name for a while. What an arsehole.

And this killing was obviously pre-meditated. He killed his father and then went to his mothers school and killed her and her class. Dude was obviously fucked in the head.

ffdq1rqw.jpg

ffdq1rqw.jpg

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Connecticut has an "assault weapons" ban in place already and the school was a gun free zone.

Why did this happen when those two laws where in place?
because criminals are criminals laws dont stop them from doing what the fuck they want, hence how banning guns is not gonna stop this kinda shit.

i dont do politics just how i feel really, taking away my right to own a gun only puts me at a disadvantage to the criminally intent.

criminal breaks into my house, i can rightfully defend myself, take away my rights to lawfully own a gun, and this criminal is gonna have a gun regardless cause thats what they do.

cosmic_cs_sl

shitlord
This is absurd. How is walling yourself off even an option, especially the only option?
Well, there's no way to prevent something like this. The people who do it are mentally unstable, difficult to identify, and often have a minor criminal record. All they need is a gun and a random place with people, and you have a tragedy.

I'm looking at the guy's Twitter comments, and honestly, to me, they're not any worse than a typical emo guy. Stuff like "I hate life" or "Everyone sucks" or "Fuck parents" isn't enough to out someone as a possible killer.

Anemone_sl

shitlord
The more I think about it, the more I come to feel that nothing should be done. Lawmakers will limit our freedoms if we push them to do something, and I imagine that we won't be safer in the least. What's more, we're just perpetuating this harmful idea that we need to fear our neighbors and our own children. This was a tragedy and should never have happened, I know, but to keep things in perspective more children die of pneumonia each year than in school shootings.

Locked doors, metal detectors, teachers with guns, cops wandering around schools... these are negative things that we should be looking to limit, not positives that keep us safe. We shouldn't treat one another like suspected criminals all of the time.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Well, there's no way to prevent something like this. The people who do it are mentally unstable, difficult to identify, and often have a minor criminal record. All they need is a gun and a random place with people, and you have a tragedy.

I'm looking at the guy's Twitter comments, and honestly, to me, they're not any worse than a typical emo guy. Stuff like "I hate life" or "Everyone sucks" or "Fuck parents" isn't enough to out someone as a possible killer.
think the twitter is fake too, new tweet just popped up.

so aperently im getting spammed bc someone with the same name as me killed some ppl... wtf?

think this is just an emo kid.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
ha. that's not his twitter account. I was on it and a new tweet came in, i was like 'wtf'

so aperently im getting spammed bc someone with the same name as me killed some ppl... wtf?