Must See Concerts Before You (or they) Die

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I would like to see Iron Maiden again but with Bruce Dickinson, last time it wasn't and it was a huge surprise and disappointment albeit great seats.

Ugh.. the Blaze Bailey years.. What a fucking disaster that guy was..

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Finally got to see Ozzy at Aftershock last night. Glad to finally check that one off, as I don't think he has much longer left.

You go to see Ozzy to see the godfather of heavy metal and hear those songs live, not to see a great show. Ozzy has never been a great stage presence, even in Black Sabbath's prime. All he's done for 30 years is jump around like a monkey and throw buckets of water at people. Meh.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Iron maiden.. Which I'm seeing today in Nashville!
Saw them in Berlin in 2016 and Frankfurt 2017. Would go again.

I hope I'll get a chance to see the Stones live, slim as that may be. Could have driven 8 hours this year to see them at a somewhat affordable price but had some other obligations that weekend.

Hope I can make it before one of them kicks the bucket.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Saw them in Berlin in 2016 and Frankfurt 2017. Would go again.

I hope I'll get a chance to see the Stones live, slim as that may be. Could have driven 8 hours this year to see them at a somewhat affordable price but had some other obligations that weekend.

Hope I can make it before one of them kicks the bucket.
They'll outlive us all.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Seeing Dream Theater tonight. Stoked about this one. Been six or seven years since the last time I saw them. Seeing John Petrucci always inspires me to play guitar religiously for a couple weeks.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Did you check out Greta Van Fleet?

Nah. Faggy Robert Plant impersonators aren't really my bag.The surprise of the festival for me was probably Tech N9ne. I like some of his stuff, but his crowd was fucking unbelievable and I got the wind knocked out of me in his pit. He put on a fucking incredible show.

You go to see Ozzy to see the godfather of heavy metal and hear those songs live, not to see a great show. Ozzy has never been a great stage presence, even in Black Sabbath's prime. All he's done for 30 years is jump around like a monkey and throw buckets of water at people. Meh.

That's exactly it. He really doesn't put on the greatest show, but it's fucking Ozzy. It's the same reason I went and saw The Who a couple years ago. I'm not really a fan, but it's the fucking Who. Plus, there's nothing like the crowd energy after he yells, "Are you ready to go fucking crazy!?!" to a crowd of 10k+ right before Crazy Train starts.

PS. Zakk Wylde can fucking shred.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think no matter what kind of band the lead singer of Greta Van Fleet is involved in he'll get compared to Led Zeppelin. That's just the dude's voice. But it's impressive as fuck that he has that range.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Got my tickets for Weezer/Pixies in August.

Looking forward to Weezer, cannot fucking wait to see The Pixies!

Only downside is they'll shorten their sets a bit but The Pixies will play 35 songs if they're solo, so probably for the best anyway LOL!

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Jane's Addiction doing a small tour on the west coast with their original line up.

Should be a good time!

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Jane's Addiction doing a small tour on the west coast with their original line up.

Should be a good time!

I saw there final every will never ever play as Jane's again after tonight show 20+ years ago, fuck those lying sacks of shit.

P.S. I bootlegged that show, I knew people who ran the sound and lights and upped it to kazaa, napster etc. It's probably still floating around in cyberspace.

• 1Worf

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I saw there final every will never ever play as Jane's again after tonight show 20+ years ago, fuck those lying sacks of shit.

P.S. I bootlegged that show, I knew people who ran the sound and lights and upped it to kazaa, napster etc. It's probably still floating around in cyberspace.

giphy.gif

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
For those that are fans of absolutely beastly musicians, you should check out Charlie Hunter. I've seen him a number of times but I just checked him out at a winery in Paso Robles and this tour is very funky and groovy. Nice change from his typical jazz style. People were getting the fuck down - which is nice to see for a jazz guitarist. He's probably in my personal Top 5 guitar players I've ever seen live.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Got my tickets for Weezer/Pixies in August.

Looking forward to Weezer, cannot fucking wait to see The Pixies!

Only downside is they'll shorten their sets a bit but The Pixies will play 35 songs if they're solo, so probably for the best anyway LOL!

Going to this tonight at n Auburn

So fucking hyped!

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Going to see Thrice in October. Stoked. When they opened for Deftones / Rise Against last year their set was so short it was basically just a dick tease.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users