My Spider Bro

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I was kind of hoping for another round of 'spider playing poker'.

One thing I've heard is possible if you live in an area with a lot of flying insects is to buy/make bat houses. I think that'd be the most baller shit ever to have 500 bats living in small houses in your attack, and at night they fly around protect your home.
Barn swallows are pretty great too. We used to watch the ones that lived on our property go after bugs at dusk and dawn, and they'd divebomb the fuck out of cats too.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Barn swallows are pretty great too. We used to watch the ones that lived on our property go after bugs at dusk and dawn, and they'd divebomb the fuck out of cats too.
The previous owners of my house had a camera installed above the front door and some barn swallows swooped in and decided that the camera made a sweet foundation to their new nest. They've already pooped out 2 sets of baby birds. No shits were given.

I also had a spider bro that set up shop in the guest bathroom. Made a nice little web in the sliding window above the shower, and even had a friend that moved in with him. I let him live since he was so far away from anywhere that I really frequented within my house, and I would stop in to see if he was still alive every once in a while (I was probably pooping in the guest bathroom honestly). He lived for a good month or two. Had a guest over that took a shower in the bathroom, and the next day I found his corpse laying on the ground. RIP in pieces spider broseph
frown.png

Oldbased

> Than U
I have a window AC unit in my room cause the crazy bitch likes to keep the house at 80 even though we have central hvac. Anyways the gap between the fanouts and window had a gap and I had a spider move in and enclose that area with webs. At night I can look over and 2 feet away there he is catching anything trying to sneak in at night. At first I was terrified but after 2 weeks now he has grown on me. Nothing comes through that window without going through him first.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where's the pictures Sut?

I only deal with black widows. They don't come in the house(its sprayed on the perimeter) but they are all over the front yards bushes and in every crack of the walls(literally every crack, if its not stuccoed). Thankfully they only show up late spring to late fall, then disappear for the other 6 months of the year(a long with the rest of the bugs here). They do catch all the roaches/water bugs though so that's great. I just don't let the dogs in the front yard during when they are out and about and they don't seem to go in the backyard at all for some reason.

iannis

Musty Nester
You gotta clean your pet spiders webs sometimes.

If they were outdoor spiders they'd be rebuilding them nightly. I poke the web with a broom to get the spider to run and then clean it out.

I think by the third time the spider even knows what's going on. It takes less poking.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You gotta clean your pet spiders webs sometimes.

If they were outdoor spiders they'd be rebuilding them nightly. I poke the web with a broom to get the spider to run and then clean it out.

I think by the third time the spider even knows what's going on. It takes less poking.
f8d.gif

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Spider bro hangs around the porch light right by the back door. Kills moths and other shit. Spider bro is best bro.

Oldbased

> Than U
Most people don't know this but recluses which is the biggest threat in most of the US has to be sprayed directly with pesticide to kill, whereas other spiders will be killed by residuals. Recluses only have 1 natural predator in a house, which is other spiders.
So when people see spiders and freak out and call pest guys. They kill all the good spiders and give the dangerous ones free reign in the home.

The other dangerous one for my area is Black Widows which generally stay outside the home( but love garages and attics and under siding and bushes outside ), but they and wasps have a love hate relationship and hunt each other down like mad. Fuck wasps more than spiders.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just found a nest of wasps in the ground in our back yard and local mosquito control came out and killed 'em. Now I feel a bit better about paying my property taxes heh

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I've been in my current residence for 12+ years. Back when I first moved in there was a cockroach problem, at times it was so bad that I worked out a 'best option' plan. At night, I would turn off the light in the kitchen / loungeroom and then complete my bathroom routine, brush teeth, last whizz etc. Which gave the cockroachs in the kitchen enough time with no lights on to go about their business. So with the lights all off, I would then walk out, grab and shake up the bug spray can and then turn on the lights and kill all I could see.

Then after a few years we got an 'invasive pest' species, Singapore Geckos. These medium sized geckos that make a distinctiveclick click clicksound. In just a few months I was clear of cockroaches. So a big thumbs up to the Singapore Gecko.

iannis

Musty Nester
I didn't know that widows and wasps prey on each other.

This fact makes me much more tolerant of mud dobbers. I don't usually knock down mud dobber nests/hives/whatever they're called as long as they build out of my way and I've always just assumed that if you kill the mud dobbers then the actual hornets might move in.

But if they're out there fighting a holy crusade against black widows they have my gratitude.

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
Here in California everyone swears that any remotely brown spider is the infamous brown recluse. It's pretty silly, especially considering that they're basically an urban myth in my region. It's usually just a typical house spider. I live and let live anything except black widows, and I shake my head when people kill daddy long legs.