Narcos

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I really enjoyed this first season. First time I've binged watched something over a couple days in a really long time.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They played a ton of Reagan soundbites during the first season and focused heavily on anti-communism. I'm thinking they do Nicaragua and the contras who were funded by the drug trade and the US govt turning a blind eye on it which led to the huge crack trade in LA. Maybe we'll even see Rick Ross (the real Rick Ross, not the rapper who stole the name and pretended he was a drug dealer).

But I agree that they'll probably close the Escobar storyline with Los Pepes playing some role.

Caliane

Maybe Pablo dies in the first 5minutes or credits of the first episode of season 2.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I think there's enough to stick with an Escobar story.

Escobar getting even more bomb crazy. Always on the run. His cartel being slowly picked off.
Escobar's son becoming his main point of contact
CIA gets even more involved
Delta Force deployed in Columbia
Search Bloc reactivated
Escobar's family basically used as bait
Los Pepes going buckwild - doing their own bombing and assassinations
Rumors of Los Pepes being trained by Delta Force - which almost has all US forces pulled from the country

You can easily stretch this another 10 eps on Columbia

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well they already did the search bloc. I think there's enough for another season, but I hope they continue the show after that.

iannis

Musty Nester
Quite good. I have no idea how historically accurate it is. But it's worth reading subtitles for.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Colombia, you f'ing gringo.
f20111201091657-columbia-womens-shoes-in-orange-gray.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That's cracker Columbia. We're talking Escobar Colombia. Ay dios, mio!

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Just started watching and, so far, good show. I'm not seeing the parallels to the quality of Breaking Bad that people on imdb are pointing out, more like a different kind of The Shield. Especially in knowing how it all turns out all of the grey area stuff that the good guys do is interesting to watch while hearing how the narrator internalized and justified the decisions. The translations are really wonky and not uniform from episode to episode. They call people faggots constantly and translate it into something different when one of the main characters says it.

Looking forward to a S2 just from what I've seen so far.

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't speak spanish, but I did notice that. The subtitles start to get more "fag" in them in the back half of the season. And one of the episodes wasn't subtitled at all, I had to go in and turn them on. THE HORROR.

It's actually kind of strange and I figgured it was a quirk of the subtitles instead of any real change in what they were saying. Hermano, Hombre, Amigo also seemed to be kinda loose and interchangable.

And i've always heard that "Puta" means not "Motherfucker". But there's a pretty long scene with one of them yelling "..., Puta!" and it's translated as "..., Motherfucker!" So he's just callin them pussies I thought. What a weird thing that they cleaned up "You Pussy" to "You Motherfucker".

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, unless my cooks are wrong, puta means bitch. So Puta Madre means.. you guessed it, Bitch Mother. Kind of a shitty insult for the most part. Though I guess it is sort of interchangeable with "fucker" in many cases. Either way, calling someone a puta madre is asking to get stabbed in the face. Carry on!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Great show, I'm about halfway through and it's easily one of the best new series of the past year or two. Right up there in quality with Mr Robot and the first season of True Detective, IMHO. Might be Netflix's best original series to date (and I enjoyed Bloodlines and Daredevil quite a bit)

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
3CEu32C7udZzIjZcrKmdHcRB1ZN.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Narcos[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-08-28[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Narcos chronicles the life and death of drug lord Pablo Escobar the ruthless boss of the Medellin Cartel and a known terrorist who was also a congressman, a family man and revered by the poor as a new Robin Hood.

[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Other Narcos thread seems locked so with Season 2 starting tomorrow time to get hype.

Last edited by a moderator: