Narcos

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
comes out 9-2?
tumblr_lyj9p6sXzW1qj03uzo2_250.gif

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Any rereviews compared to season 1? To addicted to wow right now but I am looking forward to this.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Any rereviews compared to season 1? To addicted to wow right now but I am looking forward to this.
from us? i'm gonna try to liquor up the wife tonight so she sleeps early so i can steel maybe 2 or 3 eps of watching time!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Couple episodes in and Pablo is still a cold ass cunning motherfucker.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>

addicted to wow, fucking disgusting.

Too bad you can't watch while you play. Ridiculous amazing show.

Season 3 = el chapo. Fucking excited as fuck.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
thought for sure urine would be involved in that scene.

guess not

Brad2770

I remember the War on Drugs in the 80's. I had seen pictures of Mr. Escobar along with pictures of his family, money and properties. I had never heard of him until I started watching this. I was under the impression it was a "Mexican Breaking Bad".

It's insane that this guy did a lot of the things mentioned in the show. I'm about to finish season 1. Once I finish season 2, I'm going to find a book about this guy. This is nuts.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Wasn't sure exactly what they were going to do with this season but it ended up being pretty good. And it looks like there will be a third season as well.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Really couldn't give two shits about white cop, but Oberyn was cool, hope S3 focuses on him (looks like it right?)

Sterling

El Presidente
This show is excellent. Wonder if season 3 will show much of our military escalation down in the region.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm four episodes in to the new season. It's good, but i feel like it really lacks the punch of earlier seasons because (1) Escobar was such a great character and getting a glimpse into how he ran things and what made him tick was half the show, and (2) so far it's been pretty bloodless. The war is right about to step up, but so far it's really just been paper pushing and quick deaths when there are any.

I think they should really develop another action-oriented plotline. Without escobar's personal life, or the white cop's wife drama, they could cut out some of the boring shit (most especially the one boss' infatuation with the widow) and use the extra time to give us more of navegante or the CIA guy's side of things.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
a few eps in and i like the concept of this season.

escobar is gone, and cali recognises they are next on the US hitlist, so they arrange a surrender with the colombian government. in a 6 month window, the cartel wants to make a fuckton of money as quickly as possible, go legit, and cover their tracks, but not all of the cartel are onboard, and there's the usual fuckstick minions screwing things up making life more difficult.

oberyn is deskbound but is the main US character. i also really like the CIA guy, we don't see much of him throughout the seasons, and it pisses me off oberyn never asks what's the broader game plan. but it really does highlight that there are always levels above with their own esoteric agenda. there's no real dominating personalities like pablo though. this seems to be about the faceless men executing an exit strategy.

coming back to the CIA guy though .... i really liked in the first season there was a quick spiel about how the DEA was always down there fucking around doing their thing, until the Tijuana cartel whacked one of their agents. so in response the US sent the military down there and wiped the tijuana guys out, which really highlighted the rules of the game. the good guys follow due process and go for a clean conviction, and the bad guys don't whack the good guys while they try and do it. otherwise the bad guys know the rules will go out the window and they'll end up with a SEAL team paying a terminal visit. it's really cat and mouse. so season 3 starts with a cali meeting and the spooks all know about it, and i'm thinking "just fucking drone strike the lot of them, problem solved" but it doesn't work like that. and that's an important lesson, pablo never followed the rules, and he got dead.

also the subtitles are fucked, quite a few (especially the spanish) go missing. the context is pretty clear regardless.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users