Narcos

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow I knew I knew Acosta looked familiar. He is an amazing actor!

Chapo is underrated. The actor that plays him is a virtual unknown, but apparently met the real life El Chapo in passing. I think it was in court or something. Anyway, they managed to make Chapito an extremely likeable, respectable character. Even Miguel Angel Felix doesn't disrespect him, after telling everyone else to go fuck themselves.

They are obviously slowly crafting the inevitable rise of his story arc. Season 3 will focus on Amado, with Chapo beginning to rise. Season 4 will most likely feature El Chapo as the feature player.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What was the point of that weirdass scene of the two politician brothers killing the maid in 1951?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What was the point of that weirdass scene of the two politician brothers killing the maid in 1951?

It really felt out of place but I'm assuming it was just to let the audience know how ruthless and psychotic the two of them are maybe? Either way there really was no need for a flashback to that. It definitely got a very big "wait... what the fuck?!?" from me though.

Jozu

That was a pretty jarring scene. It hinted at something FAR more nefarious. Just stupid.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
This season was nicely done, showing us all the different cartels and the start of the long-standing beefs with one another. The next couple of seasons should be good, this could go on for 2-3 more at least. I wasn't the biggest fan of Narcos: Mexico season 1, probably due to the fact that it piggybacked 3 pretty epic seasons set in Colombia.

The maid thing is actually true, she was very young.

Carlos Salinas was born 3 April 1948, the second son and one of five children of economist and government official Raúl Salinas Lozano and Margarita De Gortari De Salinas. Salinas's father served as President Adolfo López Mateos's minister of industry and commerce, but was passed over as the PRI's presidential candidate in favor of Gustavo Díaz Ordaz (1964–70). When Carlos Salinas was chosen the PRI's presidential candidate for the 1988 election, he told his father, "It took us more than 20 years, but we made it."[14]

A tragedy occurred early in Carlos Salinas's life. On 18 December 1951, when he was three years old, he was playing with his older brother Raúl, then five, and an eight-year-old friend when they found a loaded rifle, and one of them shot and killed the Salinas family's twelve-year-old maid, Manuela. It was never determined which of the three boys pulled the trigger, and the incident was declared an accident; it was given newspaper coverage in Excélsior and La Prensa at the time. A judge blamed the Salinas parents for leaving a loaded weapon accessible to their small children.[15] The Salinas family did not know the last name of their 12-year-old maid Manuela—only that she came from San Pedro Atzcapotzaltongo—and it is unknown whether her family ever claimed her body.[16] They were also exonerated with the assistance of Gilberto Bolaños Cacho, maternal uncle of legendary Mexican comedian Chespirito,[17] who is also nephew to Gustavo Díaz Ordaz, who became president of Mexico in 1964.[18] He has not commented publicly on this tragic early childhood incident.[19]

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The SNIPE rigging thing didn't make any sense. SNIPE and the computer nerd already worked for the PRI party. What did they need Felix for to get the computer nerd to rig it? They couldn't pay him off themselves?

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
The SNIPE and the computer nerd worked for the former ministry of defense, now a disgraced politician in the PRI party. It is stated clearly that no one else knew about SNIPE. Felix just had the idea to rig the projections. It is kind of a stretch, but it was explained clearly in the show.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How could they not know about snipe when they had an entire floor of their office devoted to the stupid thing and dozens of people working on it.

Crooked politicians had to have a drug dealer tell them to rig an election?

Khane

The SNIPE thing actually happened too, though maybe not exactly as it was portrayed:

But yea, the politicians probably didn't need Felix to tell them what to do, they needed Felix to have his men strong arm and outright fake the ballot numbers in the various districts/precincts.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So I never knew this spun off into Mexico and i started season one last night. Its after 3 episodes its okay but im having issues fully getting into it for whatever reason.

Khane

I had the same problem with S1, starts slow and kinda boring but it does get better, and S2 really paves the way for the Mexican Cartel(s) bloodbath

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think I made it to ep 6 of Mexico before just not finishing it. Might try and finish it so I can watch season 2

Jozu

Cmon guys, Mexico Narcos is worth a power binge. Luna can get exhausting, but overall, the rest of the actors, and portrayal of the events overall is worth a watch.

The actor the plays Amado is underrated. He is always convincing and never unlikable. Acosta is also amazing, then you still got Chapo and what will happen with him.

What's insane is 99% of Mexicans are Christian. Religion is such a powerful force, yet the country with the highest rate of religious citizens, is also one of the most violent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Dbl post. The Mexican trafficker chic is hot as fuck too. It's too bad she doesnt get naked.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really liked the end of the season and the Acosta/Felix contrast. It portrays the OGs like Acosta who did have a degree of respect and honor to Felix and the new breed. Who have none.

Acosta killed his old mentor fairly to honor some bad blood between them. While Felix killed Guillermo Palma's wife and his kids just to send a message.