Nathan For You

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Way more to that episode than I expected. The song parody and his art installation were awesome. The Coke can with the bow and the dead kid.. great. He's auctioning some of that art off for charity. I'd totally buy it, but I have a feeling each piece is going for hundreds at the minimum.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Stupid question time: how much of this show is "real"? By that I mean, how many of the people, besides Nathan, are in on the fact that it's a comedy show? Someone mentioned before about recognizing the actress playing the realtor.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Stupid question time: how much of this show is "real"? By that I mean, how many of the people, besides Nathan, are in on the fact that it's a comedy show? Someone mentioned before about recognizing the actress playing the realtor.
I read that too and have no idea what he's talking about. The lady in the show was Sue Stanford and he's talking about is some realtor named Sue Stanton. I have never heard of her before or and can't imagine why they would copy an actual person if they really were making it all up. So unless he has proof I'm going to assume he's just clueless.

www.ghostfreehome.comcertainly makes it look like she's a real realtor

spronk

FPS noob
for what its worth a few of the production staff have done reddit AMAs and said its all authentic and not fake/staged, they will sometimes bring in people to play support people but the business owner and clients they encounter are all real people. they shoot a lot - a helluva lot - more than what airs, and a lot of it is junked when it isn't funny. they also have random people on the street recognize him but usually they just say a few things and go away.

the original UK ali G/borat were very similar too, people on camera are just too nice to say "goddamn you are a stupid motherfucker, go away" and will generally go along with almost anything

joz123

Potato del Grande
Great episode. Loved the old dude that wanted his picture as the human taco and Nathan asking why anyone would want a 1 inch penis.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I read that too and have no idea what he's talking about. The lady in the show was Sue Stanford and he's talking about is some realtor named Sue Stanton. I have never heard of her before or and can't imagine why they would copy an actual person if they really were making it all up. So unless he has proof I'm going to assume he's just clueless.
She looked like some actress and then I fucked up her name and it was a feedback loop of stupid=P

Best line of the dumb Starbucks episode was when he mentioned "posted on a straight bodybuilding website".

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
God damnit, Nathan is a fucking comedic genius. Every week I feel like I've topped out on laughing at his show....and then the next week, he brings even more heat! HOW DOES HE DO IT?

spronk

FPS noob
better than most parties i attend

only 2 more episodes this season
frown.png
CC wanted 10 episodes but nathan pushed back to 8, felt it was more manageable for him

episodes 7 & 8 are watchable on a phone with the comedy central app but i'll wait for TV versions, cuz i hate jews

3D6EogB.png

iannis

Musty Nester
After watching two of these I have to say I'd be surprised if any of it is "real".

The business owners pretty much have to know that they're trading a couple of days of goofy shit for free national advertising. They may not know exactly what he's going to do or say. So I guess that would be real in the way that improv is real.

iannis

Musty Nester
After watching two of these I have to say I'd be surprised if any of it is "real".

The business owners pretty much have to know that they're trading a couple of days of goofy shit for free national advertising. They may not know exactly what he's going to do or say. So I guess that would be real in the way that improv is real.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

After reading two of these I have to say I'd be surprised if any of it is "real".

iannis

Musty Nester
I just have a hard time believing that if he didn't tell them what the score was up front that his episodes would not immediately end with him being shown the door is all.

Kinda like an improv version of the office.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Getting back at the guy that cut the line and didn't go to the doctor was great. Him calling Nathan weird and creepy was perfect.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I just have a hard time believing that if he didn't tell them what the score was up front that his episodes would not immediately end with him being shown the door is all.

Kinda like an improv version of the office.
It looks like he was shown the door by the owner of pinks, the PI guy hated him, and cab birth didn't fly either. I too found it hard to believe that these things are real, but you can tell alot of times people are signing their release forms with little idea of what's actually going on.