NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Darshu_sl

shitlord
As for tonight - SA has a decent shot at it if one of Green/Neal/Manu plays really well. Preferably all 3. GINOBILIIIII really needs to get his shit together. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Wade go off tonight either, and in the process pick up his 3rd ring. Fuck. Also just saw Bron Brons shoes from last game, claiming 2 titles before winning them. What a fucking loser. Watching from sports book at Caesars, which I'm sure will be full of Miami "fans."
LOL I'd say lets just not let Splitter on the court. Splitter's sole purpose seems to be to go in, turn the ball over, and foul. At this point I'm just happy he hasn't accidentally scored for Miami while playing D.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Lebron shut Parker down no doubt. Parker can't create space with his off arm against Lebron, so his drives are defended pretty well. Lebron is also just as quick as Parker, so Parker can't even take him off the dribble often for a quick jumpshot without being contested.

If Miami plays this bullshit "defend the 3 point shot " defense again, they are going to lose IMO. They pulled a miracle last time playing that D...I don't see it working again tonite.
I have a hard time imagining Tim Duncan playing as well as he did again, but then again maybe Parker and Ginobli show up? Don't see the Spurs taking this one, but anything's possible.

Hamscratch_sl

shitlord
I have to say that this is one of those series where it's really hard to definitively say which team will win tonight. Thinking back to the last game 7 (Heat Vs Pacers), the Heat were expected to win and if the Pacers won, it would have been an upset. This series doesn't have a team who is more dominant than the other. Really great to see a series go to seven games the way this one has. Last years was a beatdown on the Thunder from the Heat.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Sorry PER is terrible and in no way a real stat. It's ESPNs so they use it all the time and so people who don't know better just accept it. Wilt should have PER seasons in the 50s.

Whoever made the argument that centers today are terrible is spot on. There are so few real centers anymore it helps players like Lebron who drive to the basket so much with no fear of someone like Mutombo swatting the shit out of you.

Dis

Confirmed Male
I have been avoiding this thread since I am most definitely a Spurs fanboi. This has been one of the best Finals series I have ever seen, the games have been reffed pretty evenly in my opinion, mistakes have been made yes, but not so much as one team has had an unfair advantage. Game 6 was absolutely heartbreaking to watch as a fan, it took my about 2 hours to sleep after the game because I was so wound up. Tonight I pretty much expect an epic game from both teams, and I would not be surprised in the least if we see another overtime game. I think this series more than anything has increased my respect for Lebron as a player. He has absolutely willed this team into a Game 7, grudgingly have to give him most of the credit for this.

Anyways, I really, really hope the Spurs win, I want to see Duncan with 5 rings cement his legacy as the greatest player of his generation, but even if he loses, I still think he was the greatest player of his generation (yes, better than Kobe).

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I have a hard time imagining Tim Duncan playing as well as he did again, but then again maybe Parker and Ginobli show up? Don't see the Spurs taking this one, but anything's possible.
Heh, Duncan went off because they had everyone playing the top of the key. Bosh can't play Duncan without help to the outside when Duncan plays on the block. I personally would rather get beat by Green, than Duncan. You KNOW Duncan will beat you. Force Green to play to the pressure of a game 7 championship game.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Pretty much this, as much as I'd like to see the Heat lose, realisticly I don't think they will.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Screenshotted>
Lebron crumbles apart in game 7, mark my words

Spurs take the championship on Miami's home court

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Also just saw Bron Brons shoes from last game, claiming 2 titles before winning them. What a fucking loser. Watching from sports book at Caesars, which I'm sure will be full of Miami "fans."
They weren't his shoes from the game. They're victory shoes Nike is making if they win it all. Not different than the NBA having both Spurs/Heat victory attire for tonight. Nike would've had to start making them when they first made the Finals to sell them immediately if they win it all.

Loser Araysar

<Screenshotted>
They weren't his shoes from the game. They're victory shoes Nike is making if they win it all. Not different than the NBA having both Spurs/Heat victory attire for tonight. Nike would've had to start making them when they first made the Finals to sell them immediately if they win it all.
Nike making shoes isnt anything like NBA asking apparel companies to make 2 versions of t-shirts and hats to hand out right after a win on the court.

Is Nike planning to hand out those shoes to everyone on the court just as the confetti rains down after the final buzzer?

Loser Araysar

<Screenshotted>
Also, why is he shoe named LeBron X Low Floral and has flowers on it?

lebronike19s-1-web.jpg

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't really have a problem with the shoe thing. If he loses it looks stupid, if he wins then he just looks confident. I also don't think Lebron will disappear this game unless they go down big.

I really don't hate Lebron all that much as a player or as a person. He's a phenomenal player and the best all around player at the moment. What irritates me is his fanbois and media who refuse to believe he's not the best ever at everything and he has no flaws.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Those are some ugly fucking shoes. How many pairs have you ordered Gaige? Can you pay for those with food stamps?

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Also, why is he shoe named LeBron X Low Floral and has flowers on it?

lebronike19s-1-web.jpg
/shrug

Nike has been doing a lot of that type of thing with LeBron's shoes because of that whole South Beach style thing.

Those are some ugly fucking shoes. How many pairs have you ordered Gaige? Can you pay for those with food stamps?
I don't wear basketball shoes. I mostly wear sandals and chucks. Sometimes some DCs. Even when I did wear basketball shoes I only wore Air Jordans.

Oh and you can pay for anything via food stamps, just gotta know where to shop.

Loser Araysar

<Screenshotted>
Good to see gaige already submitting himself like a bitch, 6 hours before tipoff.