NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Except that part where Stern said

"I would say that if we know that what the parties really wanted to do is one [trade] and they're going to break it into two for the purposes of trying to avoid the restrictions that the collective bargaining agreement places on it, we know how to deal with that as well," Stern told ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd.

It's possible they may change the deal completely. Like give up another player or something to change the deal.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I was kinda rooting for the Heat and then Gaige said Pippen was the second best player in the league during his era, and now I don't know who to root for.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
There's no such thing as a 50/0 call. Something either happened or it didn't. If you don't see it clearly and can't make a proper call then a call shouldn't be made.

It's as simple as that, holy fuck.

They shouldn't.
GaryBuseyClapping.gif

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
i think it goes through, and stern gets to set his precedent of "no coaches allowed". win win
The wink wink side deal was what the original one was. No way Stern would tell them not to do it and then allow that exact thing to happen. I really don't think Stern really cares that much, but the fact that the teams were stupid and blatantly telling everyone how they were going to do this thing that's clearly forbidden in the CBA. If they just gave the Clippers permission to negotiate with Doc and then sign him, then have it seem like he pushed for a trade to get Garnett everything would have been ok.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
what the fuck is a 50/50 call?
Not sure if you're serious, but he's talking about judgement calls by the refs that are close and could go either way. Of course, no ref says in their head "hey that looks about 50/50 to me, I think i'll call a foul on the away team" because that's just fucking stupid.

Algiz

N00b
Of course, we hope that no ref says in their head "hey that looks about 50/50 to me, I think i'll call a foul on the away/winning team" because that's just fucking stupid.
Fixed, because it might actually work that way. But it shouldn't and no one should want it to.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You have to be a special kind of dumbass to get sports fans to universally agree on anything. Well done Gaige.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've always thought 50/50 calls should be jump balls. And don't say there's no such thing as a 50/50 call cause that's fucking stupid. The block/charge is a prime example of it. So many times there are blocks / charges where it's like fuck if you know whether the defender was set or not, block or charge? Refs know they have to make a call, so they guess. I wouldn't mind just seeing a jump ball in that situation, I don't see anything wrong with it. Rather than arbitrarily rewarding one team with a mental coin flip, just jump it up. I don't think it should be done often, but there are situations where it could be warranted.

Hamscratch_sl

shitlord
I find that usually with the refs, if they miss a call they make up for it later on. Usually a play or two later, and that call is usually questionable. At least that's what I've noticed this postseason.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
Here we go. Game 7 Heat win. I believe the spurs will play hard just not hard enough after last night it will be so hard for them to bounce back. 1 day of rest isn't enough I believe.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Hoping for an epic game 7, but I have a feeling Miami is going to walk away with this pretty easy.