NBA 2013?14 Season

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm not sure a KD + Westbrook + superstar would work out for the best. It would be fun to watch that trio as individual players, but as a team? I'll admit that I love KD and am a Westbrook hater, so that said, I think adding another star would make Westbrook even more cocky and trying to prove himself every night, and KD would be even more prone to disappearing and standing around giving other players their turn at pretending they're actually the MVPs.

Westbrook thinks scoring is the way he'll make it into the Hall, which is shortsighted. Durant thinks letting other players take over is how to make them better, which is also short sighted. Is adding a player like Love going to make Westbrook suddenly realize his ticket to the Hall is actually passing consistently off a pick and roll? Will Westbrook ever realize he's twice the athlete of a point like Tony Parker, but won't ever have a fraction of the legacy if he keeps up with the Allen Iverson act?

Of course, if they start winning championships I'm an idiot and will shut up. I don't see that happening with what they got, and it may not make initial sense, but I think adding another star like Love would actually lower their chances of winning rings.

MAXPOWERS_sl

shitlord
Cons: However, this completely depletes your bench of offensive firepower and either your first or second string is going to get worse defensively; possibly way worse. Your idea also still sticks us with Perkins (ugh), Butler (ugh), and Fisher (ugh if he isn't a head coach); and that means you have to make tough decisions about veterans vs. younger players while also replacing a ton of bench scoring.
I agree somewhat, but keep in mind that in the playoffs the rotations shorten. If the Thunder lose again this year, obviously something needs to change.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If the Thunder weren't going to pay Harden, they probably won't pay Love.
5/16/2014
Are we going to rehash this? To say OKC was cheap misses two super important points: Harden wanted to be a starter and get max money. OKC offered him 1 mil less than max per year and told him he would be the best 6th man in the league. Harden went to Houston.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
None of that matters really until the Thunder hire someone who isn't functionally retarded to run the team. Just another guy to run down the court and heave contested shots all night. With a good coach though, that would be a pretty ridiculous team - impossible to defend.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't see the Thunder breaking up Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka anyways.

But yea, Durant and Westbrook running pick and rolls with Love all game would be devastating. The growth of Steven Adams would help some with loss on defense. Just put random 3 point shooter at the 2.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
That could have been Mike Miller if the Thunder could properly identify what sort of vet would help them more; one that relies on driving and physicality but ultimately gets schooled on both ends of the court by younger players or one that works his magic from the outside and all you have to do is find him a tiny openening and he drops daggers in all game long. The shitty one in this scenario is Caron Butler.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
That could have been Mike Miller if the Thunder could properly identify what sort of vet would help them more; one that relies on driving and physicality but ultimately gets schooled on both ends of the court by younger players or one that works his magic from the outside and all you have to do is find him a tiny openening and he drops daggers in all game long. The shitty one in this scenario is Caron Butler.
Oh, I thought you meant Fisher.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
You seem to think them being stupid and cheap is somehow better than just being cheap
He wanted to be a feature on the offense. There were two guys on the roster that were going to be the 1st and 2nd option on the team for the foreseeable future. He was already making a name for himself as the most valuable 6th man in the league. There was no way the Thunder were going to allow him to be the 2nd option since that meant replacing Westbrook with him. He wanted to be the BMOC, the Thunder offered him the most BMOC they could possibly offer him short of trading away the 2nd best PG in the lead. They were not being stupid, they were being reasonable.

Oh, I thought you meant Fisher.
They are goddamn interchangeable. How could they not go out and find ANY guy with a different kind of game to compliment the other?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking Scott Brooks, starting lineup of Durant, Westbrook, Sefolosho, Collison, and Perkins. Are you fucking kidding me?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Just checking in to say that Scott Brooks stressed how important defense was when they interviewed him, then just gave up an 8-2 run to Danny Green with Jackson, Butler, Lamb, Fisher, and Adams on the floor. Adams and Fisher are the only two in that line-up that can play any kind of defense.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Cut Lamb some slack, he's been sitting on the bench for THREE MOTHER FUCKING WEEKS. Thanks Scott Brooks and Caron Butler?

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Scott Brooks is returning to coach next year, sad to say. If they go small they can score, but not defend. If they go big, they can't score and the defense is still nowhere near as good without Ibaka. I can't see any lineup that will give them an advantage. Just pray Durant and Westbrook go crazy and all the roleplayers can't miss shots.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
He wanted to be a feature on the offense. There were two guys on the roster that were going to be the 1st and 2nd option on the team for the foreseeable future. He was already making a name for himself as the most valuable 6th man in the league. There was no way the Thunder were going to allow him to be the 2nd option since that meant replacing Westbrook with him. He wanted to be the BMOC, the Thunder offered him the most BMOC they could possibly offer him short of trading away the 2nd best PG in the lead. They were not being stupid, they were being reasonable.
That's why you sign him, start him for a little bit then put him back on the bench when it doesn't work out. At that point he's already signed so he can't do much about it. If he gets to be a pouty douche that affects the team chemistry, you trade him.