NBA 2013?14 Season

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I was with you for the first sentence and then you go full on Gagie by calling one of the top 3 PG's in the league a joke. Hopefully this year the oh so exciting Spurs won't piss away another ring.
Yeah that was kind of a cheap shot. I don't actually think Westbrook is bad. I do think that style of play is the more boring style of play though. The Spurs set great screens, everybody is constantly moving without the ball, the passing is usually incredible, etc. I really don't get why it's considered the more boring style of play.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah that was kind of a cheap shot. I don't actually think Westbrook is bad. I do think that style of play is the more boring style of play though. The Spurs set great screens, everybody is constantly moving without the ball, the passing is usually incredible, etc. I really don't get why it's considered the more boring style of play.
Because there is a severe lack of tomahawk dunks. Boom-shaka-laka.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I completely agree with you. The lack of ball movement and any sort of offensive identity is the thing I hate most about watching the Thunder. They are the best team in the league to watch when they are moving the ball and finding the open player; unfortunately, that is about 10% of each game.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The spurs has had the same style of play for the last 15 years. It is like the Utah Jazz of the 90, with Malone, Stockton and Hornacek, bunch of screens, pick and roll, lay ups, open shots.
You sure? They went from a team that played as slow as possible, pounding the ball into Duncan and The Admiral, it almost going through the post, to where they could fast break, but were just as often in a set half-court offense, all the way to now where they're often actively pushing the ball up the court. And when they aren't pushing, they're not just pounding it into the post, then passing back out for a big to reset so they can pass it back in, but focusing on a ton of ball movement. It's still boring for most of the troglodytes who watch the NBA because it's not isolation 1v1 show-off ball, but you can't really say it's the same style of boring as it used to be.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I completely agree with you. The lack of ball movement and any sort of offensive identity is the thing I hate most about watching the Thunder. They are the best team in the league to watch when they are moving the ball and finding the open player; unfortunately, that is about 10% of each game.
Depends who is on the floor. Earlier in the season when Westbrook was out they were becoming a better team with more ball movement and working together better on offense and defense. It wasn't sustainable, as Durant needs to be the focal point of an offense, but not running it.

Westbrook is just a shit point guard. Amazing athlete who would probably be happy being the best player on a shitty team. And that's his problem. He has no concept of team ball. There are time when he and Durant run pick and rolls and Durant scores so easily you'd think Westbrook would have a fucking epiphany, but then the next 10 pick and rolls Westbrook seems confused about what to do and can't seem to anticipate the open guy. He gets assists due to pure athleticism, none of it cerebral, which makes for a shitty point guard even while he's one of the best individual players in the game.

What's worse is Westbrook brings out the worst in Durant, who will stand around waiting for Westbrook to stop trying to dominate. Durant doesn't know how to take control, because he and Westbrook came up together as equals. They need to get rid of Westbrook, so anyone new coming to the team, even if they're a star, will already have the understanding it's Durant's team. I almost think Durant subconciously wants to lose so someone forces the situation to change, whether it's getting rid of Westbrook, a new coach, or the sentiment in the public that Durant just can't win their. He can't just bail. He can't force a trade of Westbrook. He can't demand they fire the coaching staff. Why? Because everyone sees two amazing players on an average team and that's supposed to be enough to win these days. But it isn't, and until the Thunder lose enough for the media and fans to realize things have to change, Durant just has to stick it out and basically do what he does all too often: stand around watching Westbrook tank games.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
OKC is poorly coached straight up. I see no discipline when I watch them play. Something I see a lot of with the Spurs.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
OKC is poorly coached straight up. I see no discipline when I watch them play. Something I see a lot of with the Spurs.
The best thing this team could do is fire Brooks immediately. Shit fire him mid series. They're in a shitty situation because they're going to continue to win regular season games and win playoff series without winning championships and that's just a hard guy to fire when you look at his record.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
It's the same thing that happened with Mike Brown. He made millions of dollars off of Lebron James carrying his teams further than they should have went, and executives being too stupid to differentiate quality coaching from a win-loss record.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
images

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Both teams are built very similar.
(Stockton to Parker), (Manu to Hornacek), (Bryon russel to Leonard), (Malone to Duncan). That is 4 players that are very similar in play styles.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Pop won his first NBA championship without Parker, Manu or Leonard. They were a very different team than the Jazz ever were. Unless you're saying Stockton = Parker = Avery Johnson, and Greg Foster = David Robinson. They did it by having two hall of fame bigs who averaged double doubles because they slowed the clock and pounded the ball into the paint. They did it with 3 guys in double figures, but Robinson and Duncan carrying the load, Avery Johnson being the third leading scorer.

With the big three, they actually went through years where their pace and overall scoring was down even further, the big three carrying the brunt of the offense. Methodical, slow play was still their thing, but with Manu and Parker at least having the ability for fast breaks.

That's the Spurs people think of, and probably haven't really watched the Spurs in years because they were boring. The Spurs of the last few years are very different than comparisons to Stockton averaging 11 assist, most on pick and roll Malone mid range jumpers. Watch the Spurs now they're pushing the ball and passing to spread the court to get everyone involved, not ploding along in a half-court offense.

To say the Spurs have had the same style of play for 15 years isn't very accurate.

And really, Stockton and Parker are similar play styles? Malone and Duncan? Pretty sure Duncan would have shot his way out of the league if he tried to rely on his mid range jumper the way Malone did the second half of his career. That Stockton, though, apparently known for attacking the hoop!

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
The Jazz never moved the ball like San Antonio does, and they never ran like San Antonio does. San Antonio is my favorite team in the league to watch. I really do not get the hate.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The Jazz never moved the ball like San Antonio does, and they never ran like San Antonio does. San Antonio is my favorite team in the league to watch. I really do not get the hate.
People are just used to seeing the Spurs of 03-07, which were great teams, but boring to watch. They went from one of my least favorite teams to watch, to one of my favorites the last few years. They need to win one more ring, though, or it doesn't matter and nobody will care or recognize what they're doing.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Totally agree with both of you. I think the hate for San Antonio's style of play is outdated. More people need to pay attention to the current version of the Spurs, because it's beautiful basketball. I watch those guys play and I wish me and the people I play ball with could play like that. It's kinda cliche to say that it's "team" basketball, but it kinda is, and it's awesome.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
The Spurs will be everyones favorite team when they beat the heat this year and next year and force the ring chasing faggots to argue and split up.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ec

I R SAD

Edit: Btw, where are we discussing Cuban's comments? Or are his comments so spot on and the media outrage so stupid and laughable that it isn't worth discussing?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The Spurs will be everyones favorite team when they beat the heat this year and next year and force the ring chasing faggots to argue and split up.
always with the bitterness aren't ya? Pacers > Heat

go ask brady, which btw he is growing man tits.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
ec

I R SAD

Edit: Btw, where are we discussing Cuban's comments? Or are his comments so spot on and the media outrage so stupid and laughable that it isn't worth discussing?
It's gonna be hilarious when the owners don't vote Sterling out. Regardless of what anyone says, I can't see them ousting someone for something that is in no way illegal. They'll have a secret ballet and that will be the end of it.