NBA 2013?14 Season

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
What the fuck man.
rrr_img_69238.jpg

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'm still happy to be a fan. 4 straight Finals is still a remarkable feat. I will take 50%.

The best positive I took away from this is that the ass kicking was so complete that this gives Riley a ton of leverage to restructure; they have no chance if they do not take less to make room for a more talented bench/role players.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
4 straight Finals is still a remarkable feat.
It's a feat. I wouldn't say doing it in that conference is all that remarkable, especially given the players they've had. What they've done has not met a lot of expectations of what they could do since those 3 guys were put together.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I would still call it remarkable. The East has been weak, but to make it to that point four straight years cannot be discounted. I'm bummed. You all know I'm a LBJ fan, but goddamn. The Spurs were dominant and they deserved the title. I hope Pop and Duncan retire. I'm tired of watching the Warriors lose to them.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
The building is exploding and we are mid way through the 2nd quarter! I hope Djay will do some on site posting at the half.
Sorry, it was hard enough getting text messages to go through. Internet wasn't even loading for me in the building. But, yeah...during that 11-0 run was the loudest I've ever heard that building. It was insane...the crowd didn't relent once the entire game. I was wondering how much that came through on the broadcast. Anyway, I just got home.

That seriously just crossed an item off of my bucket list. It was amazing, as a basketball fan, to be there for the championship clenching game.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Resolution is kinda shitty from my phone, but here's a panoramic shot from my seat near the end of the game.

rrr_img_69248.jpg

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
It's a feat. I wouldn't say doing it in that conference is all that remarkable, especially given the players they've had. What they've done has not met a lot of expectations of what they could do since those 3 guys were put together.
It was remarkable. Very few teams have done something like that. Here is hoping to number 5 next year.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
There's this small sports tournament happening in Brazil at the moment. I heard it was pretty exciting. Might want to check it out.
Oh I've heard of it, and even tried to watch a game. I just can't get into it though. For me there isn't enough meaningful action going on for it to keep my interest. I won't get into a debate here about it, and for those that enjoy it I say good for them. To be honest I wish I could get into it as it seems that so many truly love it, so clearly there is some excitement for some folks.

Really curious to see what happens to the Spurs now. I sorta hope Duncan retires and goes out on top, but who is to say they couldn't make this run again next year? The seemed to epitomize team basketball all year, and it paid off in the end.

I really have no idea what LeBron and co. are going to do. Part of me feels like LeBron wants to bail out on this team and go to a new team, but on the other hand you know a lot of people will give him a ton of flack for that too. I honestly believe all the negative press he took over the last few years after the decision has really got to him, and he wants to have a more loved image, such as Jordan did back in the day.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
As a Miami fan, if he wants to go, then I wish him the best and I thank him for playing with us. I would not hate on the guy for doing that.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
BqOJyEpCcAAJRSc.jpg

Spurs championship T-shirts. This is right up there with Patriots 19-0 shirts for trolling annoying fan bases

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
Yeah, because any 3 greats could have taken the Spurs down in the finals. Did you even watch the games?

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, because any 3 greats could have taken the Spurs down in the finals. Did you even watch the games?
No, I didn't. I'm just throwing random posts out here...

Seriously, what's your point? Did I say anything about what the Spurs did? I'm talking about what Miami didn't do. When they put that team together 4 years ago, they were instantly the favorites in the next 4-5 finals or so, and they acknowledged it themselves by talking about winning 6 rings. One could argue that they had a chance to win every year since then, but they barely managed to get a 2nd. I'm saying they haven't met a lot of expectations. Do you really disagree with that?