NBA 2013?14 Season

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm ready to see plenty more highlight reel plays this:

steph-curry-a662aa8e-original.gif

Going to opening night on Wednesday!

Djay

Trakanon Raider
The team with the worst record rarely gets the #1 pick...but if they make the playoffs, they have no chance at a Top 3 pick.

I have to admit, the game I saw in Oakland was one of the most exciting basketball experience of my life, but Curry needs to stop slumping his shoulders when things don't go his way. It looks like he's pouting out on the court.
I saw him again in San Antonio for the playoffs and he did the same thing then. At any rate, still glad to see GS is part of the 10-game package I got this year.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have to admit, the game I saw in Oakland was one of the most exciting basketball experience of my life, but Curry needs to stop slumping his shoulders when things don't go his way. It looks like he's pouting out on the court.
I saw him again in San Antonio for the playoffs and he did the same thing then. At any rate, still glad to see GS is part of the 10-game package I got this year.
I've never noticed him acting like that. I doubt many other Warriors fans feel the same way. If there is any team in the NBA that plays with a "team first" mentality, it's the Warriors.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Excited to be done with tanking and back to watching some decent basketball coming out of Cleveland. My overly optimistic thought is that everyone stays healthy for once and the Cavs grab the 6 seed. Kyrie Irving entering his third year is gonna be sick. Hiring Mike Brown back was strange as hell, but he's got those guys at least attempting defense which is night and day from the last couple years.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I've never noticed him acting like that. I doubt many other Warriors fans feel the same way. If there is any team in the NBA that plays with a "team first" mentality, it's the Warriors.
Heh, there's a chance it only happened in the two games I watched live, but I sure doubt it. More likely, you just see what you want to as a fan of the team.
In fact, after first noticing it when I was at Oracle arena for a late season game against Utah, I told my friends to watch for it when we had 3rd row tickets in San Antonio for the playoffs, and they both saw it, too. Coworker said he's seen the same thing on tv, so I don't think I'm making it up.

Actually, maybe you misunderstood what I meant by "when things don't go his way". I didn't mean to imply he wasn't team-first, but when his guy is scoring on him and he misses a couple shots in a row, his body language is horrible.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Should be a great year in the NBA. Chicago seems to be a pseudo media darling already, and I do understand why. The thing is though, DRose just doesn't have to get back to playing how he was before injury - he has to be a good deal better because since he last met Lebron on the court, Lebron is much better. The East will be really entertaining, but can't see anybody edging Miami unless someone gets hurt.

In the West, if the Clips can gel early they have a real advantage everywhere on the court (and on the sidelines) to every other team out West. Including OKC. I'll be interested in seeing the Spurs - can Manu's bald spot get any bigger or more distracting? Is Tony Parker banging ANOTHER teammates wife this offseason? Will Tiiiiimay ever show the slightest bit of personality on or off the court? Rusty buckets is back, but the coaching in OKC is still a joke, and the other pieces just don't impress me at all. I like Serge, but he's never going to be a guy who can win you a game and as great as KD is - they've been miles away from Miami the past 2 seasons. Miami is getting fucking old though, so LBJ may have to turn it up another notch. I think he can, and will.

Predictions: Spurs over Thunder in 7, Miami over Indy in 5, Miami over Spurs in 6.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Should be a great year in the NBA. Chicago seems to be a pseudo media darling already, and I do understand why. The thing is though, DRose just doesn't have to get back to playing how he was before injury - he has to be a good deal better because since he last met Lebron on the court, Lebron is much better. The East will be really entertaining, but can't see anybody edging Miami unless someone gets hurt.
Miami was few seconds away from losing in 6 games to a way over the hill Spurs team. Wade's breaking down and just isn't what he used to be and Bosh is apparently content doibg a Metta World Piece/Antoine Walker fuck-it-i'm-raining-3s offense. Ray Allen is another year older and Mike Miller's gone too.

So while Lebron is still going to be the next player in the NBA, I don't see Miami being unstoppable this year

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Miami is getting fucking old though, so LBJ may have to turn it up another notch. I think he can, and will.

Predictions: Spurs over Thunder in 7, Miami over Indy in 5, Miami over Spurs in 6.
So ya, I'd agree with that. It certainly sets up well for someone (DRose, KD, CP3, Duncan etc) to come in and take the championship away from him, but he's so good right now it's going to take a lot. Should be fairly open, I just wish my Mavs were better. Has there ever been such a quick and brutal fall from the top as the 11' Mavs? Shameful.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Miami was few seconds away from losing in 6 games to a way over the hill Spurs team. Wade's breaking down and just isn't what he used to be and Bosh is apparently content doibg a Metta World Piece/Antoine Walker fuck-it-i'm-raining-3s offense. Ray Allen is another year older and Mike Miller's gone too.

So while Lebron is still going to be the next player in the NBA, I don't see Miami being unstoppable this year
Wade misses games. That's what his durability issues are causing. He's still very much an elite player when healthy. If they can pace his minutes and have him healthy come the playoffs the Heat are still the team to beat. Lebron is an animal out there.

The Bulls will be good. They'll play good d and have a lot of depth. They're a lot like the Pacers where you get to see just how successful you can be by putting together a deep roster of mostly quality players. Superstars matter too much in the playoffs though unfortunately.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The Big 3 have been in 3 straight Finals, which means they have played more games than anybody in the last 3 seasons. They have also been pretty lucky with injuries as far as LeBron goes.

Three-peat's are tough because of that reason.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've tried and will continue to try to like Lebron, but I just can't. I respect and appreciate his ability, and I even applaud some his obvious maturation - but I can't really get behind him. I don't like Rose either, but he is certainly the lesser of two evils in this matchup. Also, is the entire city of Miami just one massive sports wasteland? Heat & Canes fans have to be the worst fans in the entire NBA/NCAA.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The Big 3 have been in 3 straight Finals, which means they have played more games than anybody in the last 3 seasons. They have also been pretty lucky with injuries as far as LeBron goes.

Three-peat's are tough because of that reason.
Three-peat's are easy. Bulls got 2 in a decade.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
lol @ the Clippers.

Was enjoyable watching the commercials alternate between Lebron and Chris Paul all night.