NBA 2013?14 Season

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I know that this doesn't take into account playing more games against weaker divisional opponents, but how do you work all schedules to be fair outside the 58 home/away games played against each other team in the league?
That's basically it...you have to go to 58 games or 116 if you get rid of conferences. You can't even go the division route anymore to add more games that way, because you'd have the same problem where someone is upset because they're in a strong division and playing more division games. Bill Simmons has proposed a system where the bottom 2 seeds are a single-elimination tournament that the bottom 16 teams play for. That's a better solution than no conferences.

UNLESS...(My proposal)
Drop down to 20 teams. Give everyone 5 years noticed right now...in 2020 we will be dropping to 20 teams and the bottom 10 will be joined by 10 new franchises to form a 2nd league.
Then each team plays the others 4 times (76 game schedule). Top 16 make the playoffs...bottom 4 are relegated to NBA2 and replaced by the Final Four NBA2 teams. All 40 teams have an equal shot at the lottery, so there's no benefit to losing.
Downside is the mudflation that would come from an extra 120 roster spots, but the talent pool would eventually meet the demand (I think there were only 16 teams back in 1970). That's how I would build a league if I could...too drastic of a change for the NBA to ever do it, though. Hell, Bill Simmons idea is too drastic for them.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Just dropping to 58 games I think would be perfect honestly. That will of course never happen because $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
As I have said before and I will say it again, the NBA needs to adopt the way that MLS teams make the playoffs.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is that even possible?
Nope, the King of Flops has it completely covered.
LeBronRoseFlop.gif

LeBronPacersGame4Flop.gif

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Going back to his tantrum after the no-call, I do find it funny that these guys play for millions of dollars and don't know the rules of the game. Even after watching the replay they don't realize it wasn't a foul because the hand is part of the ball. Even Spoelstra was still saying it was a foul, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he knew it wasn't and was just scared to argue with LeBaby.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Everyone flops. It's part of the game.
Thanks to Vlade Divac. I remember watching him as a kid wondering how a guy his size fell so much when someone would play normal, physical ball in his general area. I always hoped that he would be an anomaly. Then the great European player wave hit at the same time the NBA started kowtowing to whiners that thought the league was too tough. Combine the soccer style faking along with the new touch foul calling and you now have 20 years of dumbass flopping that got so bad they had to start fining players. A little bit of acting is fine every once in awhile, but players that get caught doing it over and over deserve all the ridicule and derision heaped upon them.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Falling after landing awkwardly is a new low, even for Kobe.

And who could forget this classic?

KobeInjuredWarriors.gif

Tearing his achilles in order to sell a foul, LOL!

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
This season has been proof that Wade needs to take a MASSIVE paycut or LeBron needs to leave Miami.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
This season has been proof that Wade needs to take a MASSIVE paycut or LeBron needs to leave Miami.
Why do you care where LeBron goes? You will just become a fan of whatever team he goes to next. You have openly criticized Wade the last 3 years, so I would think you would want him to move on to another team and surround himself with more superstar talent.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Kobe or Jordan never had to leave to win championships
To be fair, no one should hold him leaving Cleveland against him. It's actually one of the natural laws of the world that championships cannot be one in that shithole.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
What? You want MORE flopping?
No I want teams that have the best regular season records making the playoffs and teams that suck get put into the lottery.

*edited example*

If the Memphis Grizzlies finish the season with a better record than Brooklyn #5, Charlotte #6, Bullets #7, Atlanta #8. Memphis will be put into the Eastern Conference bracket and is slotted into the 5th seed, every subsequent team that has a worse record than Memphis will get bumped down a seed, and Atlanta should be put into the lottery.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Just have team draft picks be on a rotation. Shitty teams will make shitty picks anyways and the level of tanking nowadays is a way bigger problem