NBA 2013?14 Season

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Those Bullets unis were sharp too. What a terrible decision. Maybe when the Redskins give up the ghost they'll one up them and come up with something worse than Wizards. I can't think of anything, but I'm sure it's possible.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Those Bullets unis were sharp too. What a terrible decision. Maybe when the Redskins give up the ghost they'll one up them and come up with something worse than Wizards. I can't think of anything, but I'm sure it's possible.
I agree, but business wise just about anything is a better choice than the Bullets. Kids will get suspended for wearing a Bullets jersey to school these days because of zero tolerance and the gun control crowd.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
There's plenty worse than Wizards...and they were the alternatives to Wizards. I remember when that stupid vote for a name change came up and the options were like Dragons, Wizards and Sea Dogs. What the fuck is a Sea Dog and what does it have to do with Washington? Wizards was somehow the least bad choice with the options presented. I'm all with the rest though, I actually stopped being a Bullets fan when the name changed because Wizards is just an embarrassment.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
When your team is located in a place notorious for violent crime, "Bullets" really isn't a great name.

Not that Wizards is any better

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I understand why they changed the name, I don't necessarily agree with it, but I do understand. The name should have been something at least somewhat related to DC though. Senators, Generals (though with the Washington Generals being cannon fodder for the Globetrotters this would have been problematic), Presidents etc. If they were going to change the name at all they should have changed it to something DC related.

Szlia

The Washington Monuments?
smile.png

Btw wikipedia tells me the other name on the short list after the vote was The Washington Express and that people were pissed off by Wizards because it's a rank in the KKK.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
People were pissed off by Wizards because its fucking gay. Like gayer than Ravens gay.

Name should have never changed but if it was it should have been the Washington Justice and the arena the could be called Supreme Court. Still lol at the notion of a correlation between the name of a goddam basketball team and gun violence. Bunch of mother fucking chaos-like "think of the children111!!!!1one" paternalists up in this area.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
People were pissed off by Wizards because it's fucking gay. Like gayer than Ravens gay.

Name should have never changed but if it was it should have been the Washington Justice and the arena could be called Supreme Court. Still lol at the notion of a correlation between the name of a goddam basketball team and gun violence. Bunch of mother fucking chaos-like "think of the children111!!!!1one" paternalists up in this area.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
People were pissed off by Wizards because it's fucking gay. Like gayer than Ravens gay.

Name should have never changed but if it was it should have been the Washington Justice and the arena could be called Supreme Court. Still lol at the notion of a correlation between the name of a goddam basketball team and gun violence. Bunch of mother fucking chaos-like "think of the children111!!!!1one" paternalists up in this area.
Actually, it was the owner who had hated the name for a while and changed it after a friend of his was killed by a bullet. But go ahead and throw your retarded strawman tantrum. It was totally a bunch of angry soccer moms

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
How are the Houston rockets allowed to get away with naming their team after weapons of war but Washington gets shafted?

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Another flagrant 2 on LeBron that wasn't called. Fucking horseshit NBA refs are garbage. McRoberts should've been tossed and suspended for game 3.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Refs doing their best to keep Houston in the game, in the bonus 4 minutes into the quarter.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You knew these officials were gonna start calling bullshit in the 2nd half after that dumb announcement from last game.