NBA 2013?14 Season

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck me. I don't have NBA TV. BULLSHIT. HOW IS THIS SERIES ON NBA TV?! FUCK YOU STERLING I HOPE YOU DROP DEAD. This is worse than the racist crap.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
All your missing is the same shit from the last 4 games. Oh, but this time Mike fucking Miller is 5/7 from 3, 2/2 in OT. It is sickening.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Wow. Literally a hundredth of a second Thunder loss. Although that shit with the FT was really sketchy.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw something about the 2nd FT mentioned elsewhere. What happened? KD still shouldn't have missed it regardless.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Joey Crawford walked up, grabbed the ball, went to the table and yelled at someone about the team fouls not lining up on all the boards or some shit. Was crazy.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Shouldn't have come down to that, shitty defense, shitty rotation, and shitty playcalling cannot be overcome when the two superstars are both having their worst slumps of the season at the same time. I wish I didn't have NBA TV so I wouldn't be tempted to watch it.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well at least I missed the moment to moment pain of watching. Game 4 was so painful I wouldn't have been all too pissed if the Grizz has just put the Thunder out of their misery.

It is a shame OKC is constructed so poorly. You have a PG whose whole game is driving and your best player is double or triple teamed every time he touched the ball. How are there not 3 shooters on the floor around them at all times?

If OKC goes out in a round 1 and Brooks is fired as a result, net positive result.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
You know what is the worst shit? Mike Miller should be playing for the Thunder. Instead, though, they let him go to their toughest divisional opponent and get Caron Butler in his place. Miller is exactly the type of player OKC needs too. Someone that has to be guarded to take the heat off Durant.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
It's amazing how there are only 30 spots for a head coach, 7 billion people on the planet, and somehow you can't find enough people intelligent enough to run plays instead of running iso and just depending on good players to make things happen.

Coach rankings:

1. Popovich
2-5. Carlisle, Thibs, Rivers, Spoelstra
6-30. Everyone else.
31. Scott Brooks.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Oh, look at that. Another loss in a game when Curry has only 10 shot attempts. Dude needs to be more selfish. Clippers were covering him well, but really, he can take more than that.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bottom line. If you're the team's star you can't turn the ball over 8 times in game 5. A lot of guys came to play tonight. Curry did not.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Who the hell would vote to keep the racist douchebag in the league? That's a huge pr nightmare that's going to hurt your bottom line significantly and probably affect other things like FA signings. Even Mark Cuban will end up voting him out even after saying he hates the precedent that would set.

Supposedly, the players were going to boycott the game tonight and they were working on getting all the players in all the games to boycott. That's a huge deal in the middle of the playoffs. Now, whether any of the owners really care about what he said or even if they believe it themselves, anything other than condemning him fully is a dumb move.
You realize this dude has been a huge racist for his entire life right? The baited conversation he had with that hooker of his is probably one of the least offensive things he done/said.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You realize this dude has been a huge racist for his entire life right? The baited conversation he had with that hooker of his is probably one of the least offensive things he done/said.
Most of the public either didn't know or care before this though, which is the point. He went from top of the world to one of the most hated men in america who isn't even allowed to be a part of his own team in the span of 3 days. There's really no reason for him to even keep the team outside of being a stubborn old shit. He can't make any actual decisions so he might as well get a big fat paycheck.

Are the favorites in the West just playing like shit or is there just a lot more parity in the NBA than in the past? The first round of the playoffs have always been almost a formality and now we're at a point where only 1 favorite even makes it out of the first round.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea but it's affecting the league now since it's out there. When I say affecting, I'm specifically talking about money. And they will vote him out, probably unanimously. For one, Silver wouldn't of been pretty confident about it if he didn't have assurances from a number of owners and two, it comes down to money. Imagine if it's leaked that your the owner that voted to keep this racist as a part of your 'club' when everyone else is running for the hills. Do you think players are going to want to play for your team now? Do you think sponsors are going to want to still be associated with you? I'm sure some of these guys have skeletons in their closets, if some vote to keep him in, watch TMZ come knocking on their door and looking into them as to the reasons why they would keep Sterling in.

shattuck_sl

shitlord
Forcing him to sell to the group with Magic would be great
The only thing that makes me think it won't be Magic (and his investment group, since by himself he can't afford an NBA team) is: wouldn't it be awkward to write a check for several hundred million to a person you hate that much?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not one iota of my body feels sorry for this bigoted shit weasel. I just don't like the idea where public outrage forces decisions that may have unintended consequences down the road in the name of expediency.
You act like this happens every year in the NBA. It doesn't. When your NBA Player Rep comes out and says that all the players on your teams are going to boycott a game in the playoffs (unless he is banned), you better fix this. This wasn't just the public that was outraged. Your entire labor force is deeply offended and saying it won't come to work unless you ban him and try to force a sale.

If you are another owner, you are ready to throw this guy to the wolves. After all, you are getting ready to lose a lot of money, and you weren't the one that instigated this. The tribe has spoken.

Justice is served, and like Phil Jackson, Sterling's karma has come back and bit him in the ass. Pity the poor Billionaire.

Phil Jackson Believes In Karma, Sees Clippers As Evidence: Is He Right? - SBNation.com

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Clippers lost a lot of sponsors and were unlikely to get any. The team was talking about boycott and so were the fans. Sterling was going down. Silver had the choice to drag this out and have everybody suffer until the loss of revenue forced Sterling out, or come down hard on him to the point where Sterling takes all the blame and the rest of the NBA coming out of this looking like heroes.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Clippers lost a lot of sponsors and were unlikely to get any. The team was talking about boycott and so were the fans. Sterling was going down. Silver had the choice to drag this out and have everybody suffer until the loss of revenue forced Sterling out, or come down hard on him to the point where Sterling takes all the blame and the rest of the NBA coming of this thing like heroes.
ESPN is reporting that the entire NBA was talking boycott, not just the Clippers. I just saw an interview with the Player Rep, and he let it be known to the Commissioner that the all of the players in the NBA (collectively) were holding open the "Launch Nukes" option, after Sterling made his comments. It is being reported that the players are going to make jihad against the NBA next week if there isn't a vote by then.