NBA 2013?14 Season

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Sterling is fucked because of all the clauses owners agree to when they buy the teams. They basically give the commissioner that power over them.

Sterling is fucked because ofall the clauses owners agree towhen they buy the teams. They basically give the commissioner that power over them.
quote the one that says they have to pay 2.5 million dollars when the league ousts them for non-illegal doings.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I am partly with Azeth and partly with Gaige (!!!!) on this. I'm with Azeth in that he hasn't done anything illegal so how can the fine him or force him to sell his team? I'm with Gaige in that we have no idea what how much power the owner's contracts actually cede to the commish and owners' votes. If there is a section in the contract that allows the fine or the sale, then he is proper fucked and rightly so. If there isn't and they try to stretch some part of the contract to include this, then I would think that Sterling is going to be around the league as long as his money will keep him there.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Fuck you making me agree with Gaige.

When you buy a team you agree that if 3/4 of the owners want you removed, you will be removed. If you don't agree to that then they don't allow you to buy a team. You also sign a contract saying they can fine you if you make them look bad. All of the owners, including Sterling, gave the commissioner the power to do that

The government isn't taking his team away so legal/illegal and the first amendment are all irrelevant. Rivers just got fined $25,000 for criticizing the officials, which is perfectly legal. He agreed to allow that to happen when he signed his head coach contract.

p.s. Pacers in 4

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Ibaka out for the rest of the playoffs. Some kinda of calf injury? must have missed that last night.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Ibaka out for the rest of the playoffs. Some kinda of calf injury? must have missed that last night.
3rd quarter if I recall. Didn't seem that serious, was walking around in a walking boot when they landed this morning. They just don't want it to get re-aggravated by rushing him back.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This might improve their offense. It is going to hurt on defense, especially if they end up playing the Heat.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Because he agreed that he would when he bought the team. I don't know why you have a hard time wrapping your head around this concept.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
You don't think there's a clause that says you have to pay your fines?
What are they going to do, force him to sell if he doesn't pay his fine?

I think the point is they banned him from any dealings with the NBA, yet want him to stick around and deal with the NBA long enough to pay his fine. Why would he? I'm sure if they owed him 2.5 mil they'd try to say he lost the right to get that when he got himself banned from the NBA.

The wife will probably try to pay the fine to show she's the remaining legitimate owner and get into the leagues good graces.

In short, it's obviously a conspiracy against the Heat!