NBA 2014 Off-Season Thread

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah a huge chunk of games for each team are on their local channels like Fox Southwest, I don't see ESPN or TNT losing any national games if they lowered the amount of overall games.

They need to reduce the amount of games enough to get rid of 3 game nights in a row and 4 games in 5 nights that are on the schedule.

Honestly who it would affect the most livelihood wise is the stadium/arena workers.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Are we certain that fewer games = less revenue? I'm not sure if you lose out on TV contract revenue because it means you can schedule fewer games at the same time, so the NBA might be able to get the same amount of prime time games. As for ticket sales, how many people go to every game?

Fewer games might raise the quality of the product too. Less injuries and rested players means better games. This might take a while to be reflected in revenue though.
Good teams sell out pretty much every game. Even shitty basketball teams get close to that for weekend games, or when high profiles teams come in from out of town.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I was also thinking about lost ad revenue from, for example, jumbotron, court, banners etc. as well as lost broader revenue from the city core (restaurants, bars, parking, etc.) that is often taken into account when funding arenas, getting corporate sponsorship and that sort of thing.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Still need a couple more for the way too much work I mean fantasy league. Draft next Sunday night, we can talk about TWD/SNF while we draft!

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Like hell we can...anyone that posts TWD spoilers during the draft should get a $50 cap penalty. :p