NBA 2015-2016 Season thread

Sterling

El Presidente
Their also only the 3rd or 4th team to ever lose a finals being up 2-0.

It could go one or two ways;

Like Alex said they become the eff you Patriots and rofflestomp the West on their way to a 3rd straight Finals appearance.

They cant reproduce any of the magic of the last 2 regular seasons, Curry deals with injuries, and they end up a 2 or 3 seed in the west, getting eliminated in the conference finals.

Their floor is basically the conference finals, so they will be back in some capacity, we are just not sure how good.

Draymond Green is a top 3 NBA player. I would say its LeBron - Curry - Draymond. And at times he is actually better than Curry. If he has another monster season he is going to get a max contract, and it might not be in GS. He can be an alpha-dog on another team, he is already a vocal, talismanic leader,but if he leaves in free agency he could become the #1 banana and the face of the franchise.
Their floor is not the conference finals. Worst case you don't think they could possibly lose to the Spurs or OKC in the 2nd round or something? That seems like a very real possibility to me.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah no way Draymond is even top 5. LBJ, Curry, Leonard, Durant, CP3 (when healthy). That's what I thought of in 10 seconds.

Also Draymond's free agency isreallyfar away.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not top 3 but Draymond could be awesome on his own team he is a fucking amazing glue guy. Stop the dick punching and he could go very far. He was the only mother fucker to show up this series....except game 5 of course.

radditsu

Westbrook, Davis, Harden, Griffin, and George to name a few more.
Harden doesn't play D. I would put him below Draymond. You have to care about 100% of the game. The rest is a good list. Although who is to say about Griffin... dude is getting hurt too much, but you also forgot Durant.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Harden doesn't play D. I would put him below Draymond. You have to care about 100% of the game. The rest is a good list. Although who is to say about Griffin... dude is getting hurt too much, but you also forgot Durant.
My list was in addition to the ones Alex named. Green isn't top 10. He is arguably not even top 2 on his own team.

radditsu

My list was in addition to the ones Alex named. Green isn't top 10. He is arguably not even top 2 on his own team.
I don't think he has a ton of room to breathe on the team he is now. They are Chris Boshing him. Chris Bosh was REALLY important to those Heat championships but he had to cut a ton of stats and points etc.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Green is the Warriors defensive stalwart. He can score pretty efficiently if he has to - just look at Game 7 (and a few others throughout the season). But with Curry and Klay he's not really needed for that role very often. But defensively? Kawhi might be the only betteroveralldefender in the league.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Not top 3 but Draymond could be awesome on his own team he is a fucking amazing glue guy. Stop the dick punching and he could go very far. He was the only mother fucker to show up this series....except game 5 of course.
Him and Lance Stevenson on the same team would be unstoppable!!!

Green is great within the system and could be within another similar system, but I don't see him carrying a team with him as the primary offensive option. Hell, this series he showed up because the Cavs dedicated zero resources to stop him. That's his game and he does it well but trying to translate that into number the notion he could carry a team alone is as foolishness even ranking him on a best in the NBA lists.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Lance Stephenson was exactly who I was thinking of when reading that. A lot of the same things were said about him leaving Indiana. I think Draymond is in the perfect spot and don't think a team can be a title contender with him as the best player. Impossible to know until it happens, though.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The best players in the league are: Lebron, Steph, Westbrook, Kawhi, CP3 and Draymond impacts the game for the Warriors at the same level as those others do for their respective players. It's not a stretch to call him one of the best players in the league given his current situation.

But I agree with the general commentary that his production falls off if you remove Klay and Steph from that team.

radditsu

Lance Stephenson was exactly who I was thinking of when reading that. A lot of the same things were said about him leaving Indiana. I think Draymond is in the perfect spot and don't think a team can be a title contender with him as the best player. Impossible to know until it happens, though.
Lance is an actual crazy person.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Holy crap. It's absolute insanity in and around downtown Cleveland today. Just nuts. The parade is just about to get started and you can tell just how starved we've been for a Championship of any kind.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
awesome dude! Congrats. If you guys had any idea how many philly fans called the local radio stations last week and said I want Cleveland to win just b/c the fans really deserve a title in that town you'd think we adopted the Cavs as our second team.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Westbrook is not a better overall player than Green. Him and Durant are awesome but you could make the argument Green is more valuable than both of them. I just like Green because of his defensive efficiency and ability to create, shoot or finish.

He is also super fucking fast with the ball. He is a burly motherfucker but he can break faster than just about anyone. LeBron and Curry are at the top obviously, but after them two its Draymond, Westbrook, Durant, and then everyone else. Saying Green isnt a top 10 player in this league shows an incredible amount of ineptitude when it comes to ball knowledge. Green is a top 5 player easily.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Westbrook is not a better overall player than Green.
I mean, this is easy to say, but can you actually back it up with anything other than just a blank statement? They have almost identical RAPMs and broken down they reflect about what you think about each player, Westbrook getting most of his tally on the offensive side of the court, Green on defense, but neither being negative producers on the other side either.

The point I would make is I think Westbrook probably puts up similar offensive numbers regardless of his teammates, because he's really only relying on them to knock down jumpers when a defense collapses on his drives. Green's value on defense is undeniable I understand that, but on offense? I think he needs scorers around him to be so efficient there.

But regardless of whatever your individual feelings about Westbrook's game are (I hate watching him as a player and never thought he was actually all that good until these past two seasons where he's jumped to MVP level play), both he and Green impact their teams at very similar levels. Does Green do that a little more distributed on offense AND defense? Sure. Does that make him a betteroverallplayer? Maybe, I guess. But certainly you can admit that Westbrook is amuchbetter offensive player than Draymond is.