NBA 2015-2016 Season thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yep. No excuses. Fucking sucks. I just hope this has a Pats "onto Cincinnati" effect and Dubs go on scorched earth tour next season.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Hrm, excuses... stretching for 73, the grueling series against the Thunder, and maybe a push to swallow the whistle during physical play* in the playoffs like you'd normally expect?

*dick punching still verbotin

PS: Jordan did his famous dick punching away from the basketball.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The 73 wins fucked them. OKC fucked them. Then they got a physical Cavs team that finally showed up. Curry looked worn out...not so much injured. I will give Kyrie this. There were very few clean looks for Curry. The Cavs as a whole roughed him up quite a bit also.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
@ Alex - I am not a GS Fan, though I can appreciate how good they & I despise Draymond...I think he is in need of a Choke Slam.

With all that said kudos to you for showing up here the day after a crushing loss and being a good sport about it. Often times we have seen other super fans disappear in similar situations. So good on you bro!

thefaceless

Golden Squire
What was Green doing after the game out there when the Cavs were celebrating? Apologizing I guess, but cmon can't find a better time for that? I would have lost it if he had kicked someone in the nuts though.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
We need to get the off season thread going. The NBA off season fascinates me more than any other professional sport. And this one is going to be a doozy with the salary cap and all the big name free agents.

So... Lebron? Cleveland or leaving again? As a Clevelander it would suck to lose him again but having a championship in the bag takes a lot of the sting out. He held up his part of the bargain after coming back so it would suck but it wouldn't be as bad as last time. And I still maintain, as a Clevelander, it was the WAY he left and not the fact that he left that pissed us off.

With that said I think he stays another year. His family, his wife in particular, loves living in Akron and he knows his image would take a hit. And let's be practical: His best chance at number 4 next year is going to be in the East and he's good with Cleveland's team, staff and system.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Draymond Green is the Denis Rodman of this generation, but a better version. One with actual and amazing offensive skills.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lebron is going to bring Wade, Paul and Mellow to Clev! Or they are all going to the Knicks!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
LBJ isn't going to leave Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised if he finished his career there. He seems to genuinely love the place.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The only reason anyone is talking about LBJ leaving is because ESPN is a shell of its former self and has nothing better to do than rumor mongor

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Exactly. Nobody made any excuses when the cavs lost last year because they were hurt, right?
Lol, no one important did. GS still has the rings. In the end, this GS team will be like that Pats team that went 19-1. Good but not good enough...just like last year's Cavs team. Some will remember the Cavs weren't at full strength but most wont give a shit. Champs write the history books.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
1466458151394.gif

Szlia

Looking at the other side of the coin, the Warriors is the first team in NBA history to lose a final after leading it 3-1. I wonder what kind of impact it will have on the team.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looking at the other side of the coin, the Warriors is the first team in NBA history to lose a final after leading it 3-1. I wonder what kind of impact it will have on the team.
Their also only the 3rd or 4th team to ever lose a finals being up 2-0.

It could go one or two ways;

Like Alex said they become the eff you Patriots and rofflestomp the West on their way to a 3rd straight Finals appearance.

They cant reproduce any of the magic of the last 2 regular seasons, Curry deals with injuries, and they end up a 2 or 3 seed in the west, getting eliminated in the conference finals.

Their floor is basically the conference finals, so they will be back in some capacity, we are just not sure how good.

Draymond Green is a top 3 NBA player. I would say its LeBron - Curry - Draymond. And at times he is actually better than Curry. If he has another monster season he is going to get a max contract, and it might not be in GS. He can be an alpha-dog on another team, he is already a vocal, talismanic leader,but if he leaves in free agency he could become the #1 banana and the face of the franchise.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Draymond Green is a top 3 NBA player. I would say its LeBron - Curry - Draymond. And at times he is actually better than Curry. If he has another monster season he is going to get a max contract, and it might not be in GS. He can be an alpha-dog on another team, he is already a vocal, talismanic leader,but if he leaves in free agency he could become the #1 banana and the face of the franchise.
giphy.gif