NBA 2015-2016 Season thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, this just goes to show how great Kyrie is because he needed him to beat GSW.
Even if Cav's win, GSW is still the better team, which says a lot about Bron bron. Kyrie the last 2 games has been great as well but I'm not sure there is anyone else in the league you could swap out LBJ for and have them come back the way they have.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Yea Gilg came in here with his single sentence condescending routine saying people are a joke if they think Cleveland even has a chance.

Ill be rooting hard for LeBron and co. come Sunday night. So much on the line. If he somehow leads his team to victory all of the sudden he....

-Has 3 rings and is .500 in finals.
-Beat the greatest reg season squad of all time, as well as securing Jordans 96 Bulls as the greatest team ever.
-Sinks Curry, the two years in a row MVP and hottest basketball name on the planet, recapturing the best player in the world chamionship belt.
-Finals MVP as well as first team in NBA history to come back down 3-1 in Finals.
-Wins Cleveland a championship.

Last one is the biggest accomplishment of all.

LeBron is aware of all of these things and is going to be basically playing for his legacy Sun night. Also what happened to Green and that GS defense? The Cavs only won g5 because Green was suspended remember??!
To be fair this series was 100% over in 5 before Draymond went full retard. They gave a team that had no hope hope and they are paying for it.

But yes, Lebron is Lebron. If he wins game 7 it puts him in the pantheon. I still don't think they find a way to win in Oracle again. If the Warriors play to 80% of their ability they crush Cleveland tomorrow night.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To be fair this series was 100% over in 5 before Draymond went full retard. They gave a team that had no hope hope and they are paying for it.

But yes, Lebron is Lebron. If he wins game 7 it puts him in the pantheon. I still don't think they find a way to win in Oracle again. If the Warriors play to 80% of their ability they crush Cleveland tomorrow night.
cant argue what your saying, but that was basically my original argument. The Cavs can win this series if GS cant get their shots to fall from deep. Thats exactly what happened in g5 and 6.

I thought it would happen in game 4 but to their credit they won that game and played hard. But then the shots stopped falling and now we have a game 7 for all the marbles.

I honestly dont see how GS can win, even if they do play at 80% and make 3's. James' defensive hustle is going to stymie a lot of GS offensive sets, making them further rely on perimeter shots. On the offensive side, James might fuck around n score a triple double, probably ends up with 40+ again. Maybe even 50, he is a man with something to prove right now, and can basically change the entire profile of his career if he just wins this one game. Last time he played in a Game 7 in finals he fucking destroyed lives.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You honestly don't see how GS can win? Dude. Hey, they've beaten CLE five times already this season, but I don't see how it's possible for them to win.

Jozu

You honestly don't see how GS can win? Dude. Hey, they've beaten CLE five times already this season, but I don't see how it's possible for them to win.
Im talking in the context of this being a game 7 and LeBron playing the best most efficient basketball of his life. In a vacuum they can obviously win and would probably win. But given whats on the line for LeBron (and how well he is playing) GS is going up against an unstoppable force. You really think LeBron is going to let Cle lose this game? Hell play almost every single minute, and will be handling the ball for the majority of the game. Good luck bro.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They tried that strategy last year too.

We also saw how GS responded when they were down 3-1 against OKC.

Jozu

They tried that strategy last year too.

We also saw how GS responded when they were down 3-1 against OKC.
Who knows maybe all of this LeBron talk is hyperbole and GS wins pretty comfortably. But James just had 2 of the best 4 performances in Finals HISTORY ( in consecutive elimination games) what makes you think he wont pull that off again? he is shooting 59 fucking % from the floor the last 2, if thats any indication of whats to come, hell be able to do it again as he is taking high % shots unlike your splash bros.

Last year Cavs were done in 6. This year they have equal clout going into a game 7. LeBron has played and won game 7's Curry and friends just started this whole finals thing last year. If you dont think LeBron holds the keys to victory, thats like saying Messi doesnt determine Argentina's fate and whether they are more likely to win if he is dominating. LeBron is causing every fucking GS bandwagon fan to lose sleep right now and is entirely capable of carrying the Cavs to victory by virtue of a historic performance.

On the other hand the only way the splash bros make an impact is if they hit 18 threes or something like that. Otherwise this fucking series is over.

edit: again goin back to my intial Cavs post before game 4, yea the Warriors came back down 3 -1 but I talked about the basketball gods and fate....they were lucky to even be in these finls and now karma is balancing the scales as they will blow a 3-1 lead themselves.

Jozu

Curry's peak > Lebron's peak.

It will come down to if GSW makes their shots or not
So you agree.

And wtf are you talking about, his widows peak? His hairline does look better than LeBrons but basketball wise Curry cant sniff LeBron when it comes to maximizing thier respective impact. LeBron will fuck around and give you 48 pts 13 reb 11 dimes 3 blocks 3 steals with 59% fg %. On a magical night Curry can score 50 but the rest of his stat sheet and defensive contributions arent even in the same zip code.

Jozu

I take it you haven't been watching basketball the last 2 years
What are you talking about? Curry has been terrific, MVP all that, but his "peak" consists of high scoring on low percentage shots mixed with some steals and assists.

LeBrons peak performance could result in a quadruple double.

And yea I would love to see how valuable Curry is on a different team. LeBron has shown he isnt a result of any system or situation.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I love how stating that Curry is terrific and the MVP and "all that" is used to set up a 'but' that criticizes Curry for helping build a system, organization and team... but that doesn't mater, it's all just brushed aside for a chance to praise Lebron for what has been a constant rejection of anything system, organization and team oriented in favor of his own personal brand, stats, marketing, legacy, etc.

So, yeah, if you just plopped Curry on some random team he wouldn't be as successful and would again have to be patient and supportive of the organization to help build a team. Because, as Lebron has learned failure after failure, that's how team sports work. You can't just hero ball and get pissed when everyone else isn't as good as you are. You need a team. And again, it's no surprise the most successful Lebron has had was within an organization and staff that didn't take his shit and with other great players who didn't take his shit. And he still came up short of his own self-centered, egotistical predictions.

It's telling that Lebron is obviously one of the greatest players of all time and has never been on a team discussed as one of the best of all time. He's like MJ the first few years, but instead of smartening up, Lebron never learned it's futile to go it alone and that the best way for people to consider you the greatest is ironically do your best to make your team and organization great.

But hey, Jozu, tell us again about how much you know about basketball because you played at the local park in junior high.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What are you talking about? Curry has been terrific, MVP all that, but his "peak" consists of high scoring on low percentage shots mixed with some steals and assists.

LeBrons peak performance could result in a quadruple double.

And yea I would love to see how valuable Curry is on a different team.LeBron has shown he isnt a result of any system or situation.
Yeah, he's lost championships with all sorts of different teams.

Curry's peak is nailing 3s from the parking lot and scoring those 50 points you brushed aside on only 20 shots. He's also getting his team involved and not playing hero ball while his team Spanks Lebron's so bad they fire the coach.

Also, not sure why you act like Lebron has triple doubles on accident seeing as he had a total of 3 all season compared to 2 for Curry. So I'm standing by my statement that you don't actually watch basketball.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ha, I saw that last night. It did inspire a trade idea I have, which I will post in a second but first, Chad Ford is trolling the draft and particularly the Sixers and Lakers.

A few weeks back he responded to someone on twitter in regards to Okafor and the LA pick next year the sixers own for the #2 pick in the draft. He said LA loves Okafor so that deal is possible but the sixers would be overpaying with that package.

Last week he jumps on a local station in Philly and says Okafor doesn't have any trade value in the draft and certainly not for the top 6 picks.

Basically, he's throwing darts at the wall hoping one sticks so he can say he's right. he needs to just stick to evaluating young players in the draft.

Now for my blockbuster trade proposal. Lots of chatter that the Suns are interested in Noel or Okafor with possibly Bledsoe and their #4 pick on the table to get them. We should trade Noel and most likely a little more to get Bledsoe and the #4 pick.

Take Bledsoe, Okafor and the #4 pick in the draft to LA for Ingram and Russell. LA gets a little more experienced plus if Bledsoe doesn't work out they just go all in on Westbrook anyway, which is already rumored they will. They draft whoever they like at 4 as well.l or they look to move that pick and a player for a vet. Might even help them lure Durant or Derozan there.

Then I think we go after a few FA's like Crabbe, Mahinmi or Plumlee:

Russell/Ish
Covington/Sauce
Ingram/Saric/Thomas
Simmons/Grant
Embiid

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
Yeah, he's lost championships with all sorts of different teams.

Curry's peak is nailing 3s from the parking lot and scoring those 50 points you brushed aside on only 20 shots. He's also getting his team involved and not playing hero ball while his team Spanks Lebron's so bad they fire the coach.

Also, not sure why you act like Lebron has triple doubles on accident seeing as he had a total of 3 all season compared to 2 for Curry. So I'm standing by my statement that you don't actually watch basketball.
This is looking like the second year Curry disappears in the playoffs to me. Are you sure you've watched Basketball any in the last two years?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Still don't really understand the perspective that Curry has disappeared in the playoffs the last two years, but whatever. Strong take, friend.

Can't wait for Lebron's quadruple double tonight!