NBA 2015 Off-Season Thread

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
My prediction: Lakers take a big man with the number 2 pick, Love opts out and joins the Lakers. Kobe extends his career by becoming a dominant point guard player-coach. Within 2 seasons Kobe is back in the finals!

Djay

Trakanon Raider
As far as the Raptors...I don't follow college hoops enough to have an opinion right now about the #20 pick. Once I start reading some mock drafts and scouting reports, I'll develop an idea of who the best fit is.
What they need this offseason is a backup big and a legitimate Small Forward. This team can't go into next season starting Terrence Ross. A lot of people want a new 4, but the Amir Johnson/Patrick Patterson duo is good enough unless they can land one of the top guys. I think they should let Lou Williams walk...he's going to want too much coming off the 6th Man of the Year campaign and, as good as his scoring was, it hurt the team's flow on offense.

Last, but not least, is Casey needs to be replaced. I feel like it would be a waste of a season to wait for the team to get off to a bad start before canning him. I understand if Ujiri is waiting for a specific coach to become available, though. Really I'm just hoping that Denver and New York are both horrible next year, because the Raptors get whichever pick is worse of the two in 2016. I'm hoping both teams are in the bottom 5 next year.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Bobby Portis is going to be the player teams are going to wonder why they didn't draft him earlier.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Karl-Anthony Towns, Timberwolves Schedule Meeting Friday - RealGM Wiretap

Please draft Towns, Please draft Towns, Please draft Towns. Maybe if I say it enough times Flip will pick him!
Right there with you, man.

The only thing I can say about the other two possible scenarios is that first, I do think Russell is worthy of consideration with Towns for the #1 pick. That's not who I take for this team. Towns is the obvious fit, but Russell has tons of upside too. Second, if the consolation prize for Flip's stupidity is Okafor, well that isn't the worst thing in the world. I think he's an incredibly poor fit and will be a very hard player to build around in the modern NBA, but I don't expect him to bust or anything. Al Jefferson with size. That's a good player. Flip has been pretty consistent in saying this is a 3 player draft, so I'm not even preparing for the horror scenario of it being anything but these three.

I will be pretty bummed if it's not Towns, but as with all things Timberwolves, I'm prepping myself for disappointment.

I like Bobby Portis in the late first as well, Lasch. I really think looking back we'll think Looney went way too late too.

This draft is really deep. Winslow/Kaminsky/Johnson/Hezonja are all probably second half of the lottery picks and I think every one of them has potential to be decent to good.

And the in the late first i like everyone in this group: Looney/Jones/Wright/Lyles/Portis/Hunter/Grant.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wait is there a lot of Timberwolves fans around here ? Kinda given up on basketball with all the disappointment

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I went to one game at Target Center KG's rookie year...does that count? Probably not since I was wearing a Muggsy Bogues jersey.
Think Slaythe and Araxen are the only two that have come out of the closet.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, Wolves season ticket holder since Rambis/Kahn were hired. Rough stretch of basketball for sure.

I will say though, I'll be rooting pretty heavily for the Bulls as I hope Fred Hoiberg has all the success in the world.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Kings are taking it all this year.
I would say that you guys were on the brink of turning things around with how Mike Malone was transforming the team's game plan but now you're right back to being a huge clusterfuck.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
My prediction: Lakers take a big man with the number 2 pick, Love opts out and joins the Lakers. Kobe extends his career by becoming a dominant point guard player-coach. Within 2 seasons Kobe is back in the finals!
Do you think Byron Scott is the right coach for them?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Scott and Flip are like the only two coaches in the NBA that don't understand how important the 3 pointer has become in the modern day. Based on that alone I'd say he's a dinosaur.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Man I hope the Sixers just pick Russell at 3 if he's there, and don't try to get cute with Porzingis or some shit like that.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man I hope the Sixers just pick Russell at 3 if he's there, and don't try to get cute with Porzingis or some shit like that.
I know. He's a need and could easily be the number 1 overall pick. No reason to fuck this up.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers settle on Russell and at that point it's really interesting what the 6ers end up doing. I think the Porzi stuff is all smoke, but he's definitely in the tier of players right behind the top 3.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the sixers know that there is a chance the lakers take Russell. That's why I think the Porzingis stuff is being connected to the sixers. If Russell goes, they most likely want Mudiay or are indifferent to a few guys. They know Orlando wants Porzingis bad, it could possibly force the magic to trade spots with the sixers to get thier guy and in return getting the sixers more picks and possibly a guy they really wanted anyway.