NBA 2015 Off-Season Thread

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Can dallas afford DJ and LMA?
Nah, would have to be some agreement between the team for them to take quite a bit less for the first year ($12 mil /yr range), then really pay them when the cap explodes next year. Which seems extremely unlikely, maybe not impossible though.

Definitely a pipe dream.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
just seems like the pair would be a possible selling point for each other. It would be a pretty talented team.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I gotta think Cuban is smart enough to be calling their agents, saying the same stuff you are. "Take less for this year, and then we will give you $27-30 /yr when the cap explodes next year!"

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I think he is smart enough to remember Joe Smith costing the Timberwolves draft picks, couple million, and a suspended GM for a year for being too obvious with those kinds of talks.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I need these guys to make a decision. It's hard to say no to constantly refreshing Twitter feeds...

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Nah, would have to be some agreement between the team for them to take quite a bit less for the first year ($12 mil /yr range), then really pay them when the cap explodes next year. Which seems extremely unlikely, maybe not impossible though.

Definitely a pipe dream.
I don't think the new CBA allows you to poison pill contracts like this anymore.

Edit: Unless you're saying they should sign one year deals then reup for more after that. Which is probably what you're saying. My bad.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Marc Stein on Twitter:

Mavs are getting their center. Finally, we have hit big in free agency.

Yeah, the LMA & DJ dream is a pipe dream, Im not sure how that could possibly work. The Spurs are probably the definitive favorite for LMA now, that means they would probably have to let Cory Joseph walk (really talented young PG prospect), wouldn't mind having a shot at him with extra money!

Zzen

Potato del Grande
I wonder what will help the Mavs more: getting DJ or getting rid of Rondo.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Remind me again who is going to play PG for Dallas this year? I like Jordan going to Dallas, actually makes the west weaker. The Clippers may be on the downhill, and Dallas sure isn't going to do anything without a back court.

Profundis

Per Woj:

Corey Brewer, Patrick Beverley re-sign with Houston (3yr,$24 mil and 4yr, $25 mil respectively)
Rondo to Sacramento (1 yr, 10 mil)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Remind me again who is going to play PG for Dallas this year? I like Jordan going to Dallas, actually makes the west weaker. The Clippers may be on the downhill, and Dallas sure isn't going to do anything without a back court.
CP3 is a great player, but in Carlisle's system Chandler was made a decent offensive player with lobs as well. All this talk about Jordan is gonna miss all the "great lobs" from CP3 is retarded. They are lobs, it's an ultra efficient play, and very easy to run. I really like Doc, but he isn't the coach Carlisle is, Carlisle will get him 15 PPG easy. Team will be fine without a great PG, will definitely get one that's plenty serviceable enough. Mavs do more with less than just about any team in professional sports, and at the end of the day the Clippers have been overrated. Keep in mind we are talking about a team with CP3, Griffin, Jordan and this team really hasn't done much aside from being one Tony Parker injury away from being bounced out of the first round 2 out of the last 3 years.LET ME WALLOW IN MY EXCITEMENT

Ps. Clearly one reason he left is CP3. Does no one else watch Paul and just think how good he is, yet there are never really any results? He is also kinda bitchy on the court, dude always snaps on another player even when he was the one making the mistake.

Pharazon

I agree Carlisle is a much better coach than Doc and Jordan will probably average 15/15 there or something. But who is their best player right now? It's still 37 year old Dirk. They have Dirk getting pretty old, Parsons coming off an injury, Mathews coming off a pretty serious injury, and Jordan who you can't leave on the court at times due to his free throw shooting. Yeah the Clippers never made it over the hump (or even got close really), but the bottom line is they were more scary than the Mavs will be, and the Clippers are clearly getting weaker themselves.

We'll see who Dallas gets at PG though - they obviously have to make some kind of move there.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Certainly valid worries. He clearly valued going and making a better name for himself, and at the end of the day Cuban will do anything to get this team in position to win. If Matthews, and Parsons get on the court and stay healthy it's a solid, solid core. There are PGs to be had as well, a Mo Williams/Jeremy Lin would be perfectly fine. Shit, who knows what will happen with Lawson/D. Will now.

Everyone in Dallas is definitely very realistic about next season though, West is absolutely stacked. That being said with a veteran upstart team, B.R. (Before Rajon Ronda), Mavs were a #3 seed. Teams ability to compete this next year is gonna be more predicated on what we can get for the bench & PG. Obviously health is big as well, but Casey Smith is maybe the best trainer in sports so hopefully we will be smart there.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
The point is now they have a legitimate top tier NBA player even when Dirk goes back to the land of wiener schnitzel, marries Angela Merkel, and becomes the great Teutonic king of the 21st century.

Plus the cap is going up so much none of these contracts matter anyway.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The point is now they have a legitimate top tier NBA player even when Dirk goes back to the land of wiener schnitzel, marries Angela Merkel, and becomes the great Teutonic king of the 21st century.
US won't tap his phone, that's how dope he is.

NBA: DeAndre Jordan looks to step out Los Angeles Clippers stars' shadows
Really good read on the Jordan situation and why he left. The "CP3 made DJ" thing is absolutely ridiculous. Nothing shows how stupid ESPNs figureheads can be at times like saying Paul made DJ when he is purely valued on rim protection & rebounding, cause God knows they ran a shit ton of offense for him.

Windhorst is saying LAC is exploring potential three team sign-and-trade scenario's for a big man.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Chris Paul has always been one of those great players I've liked to watch on the other team and even hope he plays well in a loss, but don't want him anywhere near my team. He's like Pigpen from Peanuts and just seems to have a cloud of disorder follow him around.

Mavs need to re-sign JJ Barea. I could see him tossing hella lobs to DJ!