NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As much as we talk about the trades that have happened, sometimes I wish we could hear about all the "almost done" trades that never did happen...which would have completely changed the landscape of the league. Hell not just the NBA either, draft day trades in NFL that don't happen that would have been blockbusters. It's like some alternate reality where everything we thought we knew would be completely different just by one or two moves.

Araxen

Lets not change history. Minnesota had Sprewell turn down an extension, they traded Cassel, and they missed the playoffs 3 straight years before they eventually were in the situation where they wanted to move Garnett for futures. He actually would have ended up on the Warriors (of all places), bu their owner vetoed the deal.

I think using the phrase "ring chasing" is strong in this case.

Yeah, KG didn't want to be traded at all. He was pretty pissed off about the entire situation.

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Karma is a bitch, you Bruce-Bowen-coaching-hypocritical-dip-shit coach.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
People really want a story here. I'm surprised Pop reacted that way. Zaza wasn't even looking in that direction. Seemed like a defensive play that happens for just about every corner three attempt when the defender is trying to recover.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider

Karma is a bitch, you Bruce-Bowen-coaching-hypocritical-dip-shit coach.

Haven't read any posts beyond this yet, so I'm shoving all in. Greg Popovich is literally the greatest coach in NBA history--by a fucking mile--and for you to have come to the opposite conclusion. He's so blatantly better than every other coach, it is actually offensive to me that you thought otherwise. Hav... have you played basketball?

They've been one of the most dominant teams for my entire fucking life in San An-fucking-Tonio.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler

joz123

Potato del Grande
Haven't read any posts beyond this yet, so I'm shoving all in. Greg Popovich is literally the greatest coach in NBA history--by a fucking mile--and for you to have come to the opposite conclusion. He's so blatantly better than every other coach, it is actually offensive to me that you thought otherwise. Hav... have you played basketball?

They've been one of the most dominant teams for my entire fucking life in San An-fucking-Tonio.

• 2Solidarity

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Popovich is for sure the greatest NBA coach ever, and most of the time the things he says make sense. But he's a hypocrite on this for being ok with Bruce Bowen making a career out of wrecking dudes ankles in much more blatant fashion as a member of the Spurs. Zaza's past transgressions to show intent here are tame in comparison. Maybe the worst he's ever hurt a guy was when his clumsy ass was thrown onto his own teammate's (KD's) leg earlier this season.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah that's the thing. Zaza is just a clumsy motherfucker. He's responsible for KD for missing a quarter of the fucking season.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Other way to look at it is Pop coached a guy like that before so he knows what he is talking about.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Merrith Merrith

IMG_0155.PNG

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wizards don't know how to defend a screen. Pretty amazing they made it this far.

Merrith

Wizards don't know how to defend a screen. Pretty amazing they made it this far.

They have just enough talent to get to Round 2, but in the NBA, only 2-3 teams with any real shot of winning it all, Wizards aren't in that group, and not likely to make Conf Finals.

Btw Uber Uberest Uber Uberest here you go bro.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user