NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bullshit. He is absolutely the first to lose to a team and join them the next season, despite them winning a record 73 games and having 3 All Stars already.

Most beta move in pro sports history.

I was looking at it as "I'm going to become a free agent and join/make a super team to chase a ring/s".

I don't get the "despite them winning 73 games and having 3 All Stars already" part. He left a worse team to go to a better team? Forgive me, I think stabbing your home team in the back despite them having the best record in the league two years running to go form a super free agent team in Miami was worse...especially when it set the standard for it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "fan" of the move by Durant whatsoever, I wanted him to come home to the Wizards. But it's not more "beta" than King James being on the team with the best record in the league, not being able to get it done, and deciding he needed to go play with a proven champ in Wade to get a ring.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
You're delusional. This is why having 4 all stars is so stupid as far as having good games is. Of course they can come back from 23 down. They have 2 of the best three point shooters in history. They're facing an old team down their best player who happens to be their best defender.

The Dubs bought a ring and KD sold his dignity to do it, gratz to them, but it makes watching them miserable unless you're a fan.

I legit believe he is the biggest bitch in all of sports..

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
lol trying too hard to pretend Lebron's not a beta faggot. Lebron cried like a bitch twice and quit two different teams because he just wasn't good enough

Did he ever join the team that beat him the year before?

Doesn't compare no matter how much you hate LeBron.

Miami and Boston were the same. What KD did was unprecedented.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
NBA already calling Zaza's slide under Kawhi's feet a dirty play that should've been a flagrant.

The Dubs are amazing. 4 all stars, two MVPs and they still need dirty play to help them win because they can't beat good teams when they're at full strength.

• 1Salty

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
He's done I'm sure, or he'll be limited enough to make this series a joke.

I guess you're probably right. Oh well, they should be rested for that awesome series with LBJ and the Cavs! What a time to watch BB!

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Can someone remind me of the reasoning behind the not allowing Chris Paul to the Lakers trade, but somehow Kevin Durant to the team that won the most games in NBA history is fine?

Because the league owned the Hornets at the time?

Merrith

You're delusional. This is why having 4 all stars is so stupid as far as having good games is. Of course they can come back from 23 down. They have 2 of the best three point shooters in history. They're facing an old team down their best player who happens to be their best defender.

The Dubs bought a ring and KD sold his dignity to do it, gratz to them, but it makes watching them miserable unless you're a fan.

To say they bought a ring is premature...they haven't won it yet, and it's not like the team didn't win it 2 years ago and go to Game 7 in the Finals without him.

Also, this wasn't some premeditated plan for multiple guys to move around, fuck over their hometown team, etc. A free agent went to a team that was able to sign him. He went to a better team than he was on before, something everyone would want to do as a free agent. Yes, it makes Durant look like a weaker player, but what is Golden State supposed to do, not improve their team? Like "Nah, we could sign this free agent, but we won't take advantage of this window with Curry still on a cheaper deal this year?

8th highest payroll in the league but they bought a championship? Who's #1 on that list?

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Gaige's avatar is fitting, crying like a bitch cause he knows Spurs have no chance.

Merrith

Did he ever join the team that beat him the year before?

No he ran crying to Wade leaving the team with the best record in the league 2 years running because he couldn't get it done on that team even...Durant left a worse team to go to a better team.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Forgive me, I think stabbing your home team in the back despite them having the best record in the league two years running to go form a super free agent team in Miami was worse...especially when it set the standard for it.

LeBron is from Akron, not Cleveland.

Despite having the best record those Cavs teams were bad. LeBron coasted through an easy East. You guys hold it against him all the time. He certainly wasn't up 3-1 to the Celtics only to lose and then join them. That'd be beta. That'd be KD like.

He went to Miami and led the team in almost everything and carried them through Wade's numerous injuries.

That much became clear when Mami went from 4 straight Finals to nowhere land while Cleveland is looking to go to their 3rd straight.

Quit comparing them, they're not the same.

• 1Cutler

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Because the league owned the Hornets at the time?

So Durant is allowed to be traded to a team starting 3 allstars. I hope Lebron breaks his fucking jaw. How can any of you be a fan of this stupid fucking team?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
So Durant is allowed to be traded to a team starting 3 allstars. I hope Lebron breaks his fucking jaw. How can any of be a fan of this stupid fucking team?

I don' t agree with and hate these super teams. I'm just telling you why the league was able to have a say in whether or not cp3 was allowed to go to LA and yet allow this other shit to happen.

Merrith

LeBron is from Akron, not Cleveland.

Depakote having the best record those Cavs teams were bad. LeBron coasted through an easy East. You guys hold it against him all the time. He certainly wasn't up 3-1 to the Celtics only to lose and then join them. That'd be beta. That'd be KD like.

He went to Miami and led the team in almost everything and carried them through Wade's numerous injuries.

That much became clear when Mami went from 4 straight Finals to nowhere land while Cleveland is looking to go to their 3rd straight.

Quit comparing them, they're not the same.

Akron...not Cleveland. Get the fuck out of here Gaige, I can buy all the rest of the bias, but come the fuck on. Which major city is Akron closest too. This shit is laughable.

Sorry, I think it's more beta to already BE the alpha on the team with the best record (despite these "oh they were weak and they got lucky" claims), and go running to form a super team...rather than being a free agent leaving a team that was not the best in its own conference, let alone the league.

I agree they're not the same, Lebron's is worse by far, and it was prior. Any other claim is just crying. It's not even like the Cavs can't beat the Warriors again, and already the whining has reached epic levels.

• 1Cutler

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
So Durant is allowed to be traded to a team starting 3 allstars. I hope Lebron breaks his fucking jaw. How can any of you be a fan of this stupid fucking team?
While I agree with the sentiment and fuck the Warriors, Durant was a free agent he wasn't traded.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I just wish that completely barren Cavs team would win again. They have like one good player and a bunch of scrubs, right? I bet they have the cheapest owner in BB. There's no way he's paying for the team LBJ wanted! No fucking way LBJ has pull on that talent deficient team.

• 1Like

Merrith

Durant's team had a 3-1 lead in the WCF the year he left.

The Cavs lost in the second round the year LeBron left.

Being up 3-1 doesn't mean you won the series. Just ask the Warriors how that went in the Finals last year.

Cavs lost in 2nd round that year mostly because Lebron went 11 for 35 from the field over Games 5 and 6. Couldn't cut it as alpha when it counted, went full beta to Miami.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users